OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

brassco

brassco
Standard Version:

Head sculpture * 1 pcs           

Plastic body *1 set

Underwear *1 pcs

Coat *1 pcs

Pants *1 pcs

leather shoes *1 pair

Waist belt *1 pcs

Waist armor *1 pcs(handmade metal armor

Skirt armour *1 pcs(handmade metal armor)

Straps *1 pcs(for knife sheath)

Hand sculpt * 12 pcs

Knife*1 pcs (stainless steel)

Scabbard   * 1 pcs

Deluxe Version:

Head sculpture * 1 pcs (magnetic hair bun)   

Head sculpture * 1 pcs           

Plastic body *1 set

White Underwear *1 pcs

Red Coat *1 pcs

Pants *1 pcs

leather shoes *1 pair

Helmet *1 pcs

Shoulder armor *1 pcs(handmade metal armor

Breastplate * 1pcs(handmade metal armor)

Waist belt * 1pcs

Waist armor * 1pcs(handmade metal armor)

Skirt armour *1 pcs(handmade metal armor)

Wrist protector * 2pcs

Straps *1 pcs(for knife sheath)

Hand shape * 12 pcs

Knife*1 pcs (stainless steel)

Scabbard   *1 pcs

Metal spear  *1 pcs(metal spear head and spear end

Bow   * 1 pcs

Arrow quiver  * 1 pcs

Arrow  *4 pcs

ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  01
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  02
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  03
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  04
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  05
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  06
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  07
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  08
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  09
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  10
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  11
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  12
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  13
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  14
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  15
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  16
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  16
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  18
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  19
ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  20

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Is this based on that new film? Either way, I love the relative realism and seriousness of this set.

Delanie

Delanie
This does look like it's from the movie, might watch this later on I really like the loose hair head sculpt I think its quite accurate

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Is this based on that new film? Either way, I love the relative realism and seriousness of this set.

Technically it's probably based on a poster and a teaser trailer for the new film since it was only released yesterday -- I doubt that an unlicensed manufacturer would have had access to any reference material, or been invited to the one Hollywood premiere in March before the film was pulled back in COVID-19.  Mulan is only shown wearing the red robe and the tasses part of the armor but the whole plotline of the film (passing as a male soldier) makes it a certainty she wears the full armor and helmet at some point.  Gender issue aside this is quite a creditable figure even for general purposes apart from the movie.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Technically it's probably based on a poster and a teaser trailer for the new film since it was only released yesterday -- I doubt that an unlicensed manufacturer would have had access to any reference material, or been invited to the one Hollywood premiere in March before the film was pulled back in COVID-19.  Mulan is only shown wearing the red robe and the tasses part of the armor but the whole plotline of the film (passing as a male soldier) makes it a certainty she wears the full armor and helmet at some point.  Gender issue aside this is quite a creditable figure even for general purposes apart from the movie.

This would make sense, although I believe the film was already released in theaters (maybe not in North America) before the COVID plague was declared a pandemic and descended upon us all in earnest. I read up on it a little bit, and it has been subject to various political and social controversies already.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Funny! I just watched the new movie...finished it like an hour ago.
And now I see this. Nice figure, pretty good likeliness.

I like the Mulan movies. But still a pass here, just no space

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I like the accessories for sure. The detail looks good and could be some use for other figures. I’m not super interested in the character (loved the animated movie but have no interest in the live action.

agentghost

agentghost
good accessories. bad headsculpt.  HS looks like a chubby European cousin of the main actress.  I hope Hot Toys would pick this up and release an accurate version of Liu Yi Fei

ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  Mulan-2020-first-look

ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  M16_1024x1024

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks good except that they assembled the armour upside down. The plates in those lamellar cuirasses had the curved edge at the top.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
agentghost wrote: I hope Hot Toys would pick this up and release an accurate version of Liu Yi Fei

Unless Disney FORCES them to, I doubt it will happen — especially since the movie is tanking bad thanks to the boycott against the movie — and Liu Yi specifically.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:
agentghost wrote: I hope Hot Toys would pick this up and release an accurate version of Liu Yi Fei

Unless Disney FORCES them to, I doubt it will happen — especially since the movie is tanking bad thanks to the boycott against the movie — and Liu Yi specifically.

Why boycott and Liu Yi specifically? Haven't followed the news

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

Why boycott and Liu Yi specifically? Haven't followed the news

She came out in support of the tactics of mainland China against the Pro-Democracy protestors in HK.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@agentghost: Yeah the headsculpt has really poor resemblance. I have the GAC-015B Liu head so i guess that would do, which i actually bought just to scalp the long wavy hair to transplant on the GAC Gal Gadot brunette hair.

@Stryker. Boycott? By Hong Kong activists and sympathizers? I doubt that has any effect on the box office.
Are your cinemas open? (question addressed to all of you).
I ask because our major cities are still in "community quarantine" mode (our government's euphemism for "lockdown"), our malls are open but no cinemas and no big public gatherings allowed yet.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:

It is tanking because most of the cinemas on the planet are shut down because of COVID and people are scared to go to the ones that remain open. All movies have tanked this year.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:@agentghost: Yeah the headsculpt has really poor resemblance. I have the GAC-015B Liu head so i guess that would do, which i actually bought just to scalp the long wavy hair to transplant on the GAC Gal Gadot brunette hair.

@Stryker. Boycott? By Hong Kong activists and sympathizers? I doubt that has any effect on the box office.
Are your cinemas open? (question addressed to all of you).
I ask because our major cities are still in "community quarantine" mode (our government's euphemism for "lockdown"), our malls are open but no cinemas and no big public gatherings allowed yet.

It’s available on Disney+, but apparently very few want to fork over the $30 for it. But, yes, there is a call around the world (if you follow politics as closely as I do — and not the propagandists of the MSM) to boycott, and many are following through, but that’s as far as I’m going with this as we are now heading into forbidden territory.

agentghost

agentghost
The Mainland Chinese government are pushing the narrative hard on their anti-Democracy stance. Even online, you will find Chinese apologists with their anti-Democracy propaganda.

What I find funny is when an actress starts to become political (can you just do what you do best, ACTING?) and think she could side with tyranny and hope the world will be fooled.  But that's besides the point here.

The film tanks because
- $30 is a big ask for a 1 time rent/stream
- Disney Plus version doesn't even have Mandarin or any form of Chinese language support (for a film about Chinese culture). There are about 1 billion Chinese speaking ppl on this planet and Disney doesn't even see it?

I just wait until the blu ray version comes out and own it for cheap instead of RENTING for $30

brassco

brassco
agentghost wrote:The Mainland Chinese government are pushing the narrative hard on their anti-Democracy stance. Even online, you will find Chinese apologists with their anti-Democracy propaganda.

What I find funny is when an actress starts to become political (can you just do what you do best, ACTING?) and think she could side with tyranny and hope the world will be fooled.  But that's besides the point here.

The film tanks because
- $30 is a big ask for a 1 time rent/stream
- Disney Plus version doesn't even have Mandarin or any form of Chinese language support (for a film about Chinese culture).  There are about 1 billion Chinese speaking ppl on this planet and Disney doesn't even see it?

I just wait until the blu ray version comes out and own it for cheap instead of RENTING for $30

I believed Disney should have briefed all their staffs about giving any political comments. But Liu and Yen did it, and both were not strangers with US (Liu is an American, Yen spent most of his childhood in the States). So I believed they were asked by the Chinese govt to make some kind of a stand regarding the development, using their star power to influence the media. 

For me, i just need to know if the movie is good. It is doing away with the songs, the Mushu (sort of replaced by other mythical creature (oops! spoilers!)), so in my opinion, it is just a glorified Chinese movie, spoken in English. I watched it anyways, with my friends, as they are so bored with nothing to watch these days. Yes, the movie theaters are open where i'm from, safe distancing measures observed.

Delanie

Delanie
I believe the bluray is out over here saw it in supermarket for £15 I was tempted but thought I'd seen it on pay for view then found out it was only Disney, sorry I cant keep coughing up for more subscription services.

I admit I like the chinese series/ movies especially the historical / mythological ones.

I'm getting a little fed up with everything having to have some kind of agenda to it, can't we just have escapist stories?

Captain Marvel was quite spoiled for me with all the claptrap attached to it I liked Black Panther because I liked the story it worked and tbh some of the actors were quite attractive (sorry Martin you were not my first choice!) not for any other reason, I find the more people, organisations, countries push these agendas the more it turns me off them and I'm not pointing a finger at anyone. Don't get me started on fantastic 4 and Ghost in the shell

This doesn't alter the point I quite like this figure and if my budget wasn't limited i'd be interested in buying it

blackpool

blackpool
From what I've heard the movie is receiving a nasty welcome, quite mysteriously they made very strong changes to characters and story for this "live" version, all animal or mythological characters were cut out or changed for human characters (poor lil dragon!)...

Add to this the outrageous price Disney is asking for a single time streaming (30$!), it will surely end as a peg warmer of the dvd section in every store around christmas.

On the bright side it made me watch again the original cartoon from Disney, and the magic still works fine for me, those anime age very well!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:On the bright side it mad eme watch again the original cartoon from Disney, and the magic still works fine for me, those anime age very well!

The animated movies are far superior to any of the live-action remakes/reimaginings.

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:
blackpool wrote:On the bright side it mad eme watch again the original cartoon from Disney, and the magic still works fine for me, those anime age very well!

The animated movies are far superior to any of the live-action remakes/reimaginings.

I couldn't agree more, even if "the beauty and the beast" had raised the bar with a good cast and a very respectful "live" version, but Cinderella, Alladin, and even worse the full 3D lion king, it was painful for my eyes

Delanie

Delanie
I did like the Jungle Book 'live action' version especially given the talent of the young actor. Beauty and the beast was good too and if you took it as a new story Maleficent

On the subject of the animated versions I loved Beauty and the beast especially given it was the first , I think they did using digital techniques, but I began to really dislike subsequent animated movies from them I just disliked the style, too angular and stylised. Abit like why I went off marvel comic books I liked Jack Kirby and some of the others but by the 90's the artists lost it in my book, lack of realism

agentghost

agentghost
Well, before you spend $30 on Disney Plus, watch this first and then if you still want to pay $30, at least you have set your expectation to the right level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_USHuhOqyk

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
blackpool wrote:Add to this the outrageous price Disney is asking for a single time streaming (30$!), it will surely end as a peg warmer of the dvd section in every store around christmas.

On the bright side it made me watch again the original cartoon from Disney, and the magic still works fine for me, those anime age very well!

As I understand it, it's not correct to talk about "the outrageous price Disney is asking for a single time streaming (30$!)" because actually $30 pays for something else that blurs the line between a "rental" and a "purchase" in a novel way (which is interesting).  It's a one time payment and then you keep the film "forever" as long as you have your Disney + subscription.  So at first blush that makes Disney's $30 look a bit better -- it's closer to a purchase, and the usual arguments kick in (still cheaper than movie tickets for Mom, Dad & kids with parking expense etc; Disney films have high potential for multiple viewings, etc) -- plus arguments unique to Mulan, ie that you're paying for home viewing while it's still a fresh release, that Disney needs to recoup its film cost despite the effect of COVID-19, etc.  But here's the evil part: while Mulan is supposedly a unique circumstance, you know Disney is going to be using this same $30 model for future films as well.  Which means that someday in the future you can't even think about cancelling your Disney + subscription without a whole bunch of accumulated $30 investments in your library going "poof."  At least once you pay for the 1/6th figure, ZOYTOYS aren't going to show up at your house to take it back.

blackpool

blackpool
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
blackpool wrote:Add to this the outrageous price Disney is asking for a single time streaming (30$!), it will surely end as a peg warmer of the dvd section in every store around christmas.

As I understand it, it's not correct to talk about "the outrageous price Disney is asking for a single time streaming (30$!)" because actually $30 pays for something else that blurs the line between a "rental" and a "purchase" in a novel way (which is interesting).  It's a one time payment and then you keep the film "forever" as long as you have your Disney + subscription.  So at first blush that makes Disney's $30 look a bit better -- it's closer to a purchase, and the usual arguments kick in (still cheaper than movie tickets for Mom, Dad & kids with parking expense etc; Disney films have high potential for multiple viewings, etc) -- plus arguments unique to Mulan, ie that you're paying for home viewing while it's still a fresh release, that Disney needs to recoup its film cost despite the effect of COVID-19, etc.  But here's the evil part: while Mulan is supposedly a unique circumstance, you know Disney is going to be using this same $30 model for future films as well.  Which means that someday in the future you can't even think about cancelling your Disney + subscription without a whole bunch of accumulated $30 investments in your library going "poof."  At least once you pay for the 1/6th figure, ZOYTOYS aren't going to show up at your house to take it back.

I find that outrageous since it is at the same time released in theaters, it's surely cheaper for a numerous family, but watching a movie in your living room is not the same kind of service as a theatrical experience (at least to me since I own a decent but not crazy tv without any audio equipment beside the tv audio)
Still the worst part is actually Mulan will be free for all disney subscribers on december the 4th... It's like paying for a figure people can get cheaper in theater, and that everyone will get for free in 3 months... Mickey Mouse is a business king lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum