OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Delanie

I did like the Jungle Book 'live action' version especially given the talent of the young actor. Beauty and the beast was good too and if you took it as a new story Maleficent

On the subject of the animated versions I loved Beauty and the beast especially given it was the first , I think they did using digital techniques, but I began to really dislike subsequent animated movies from them I just disliked the style, too angular and stylised. Abit like why I went off marvel comic books I liked Jack Kirby and some of the others but by the 90's the artists lost it in my book, lack of realism

agentghost

Well, before you spend $30 on Disney Plus, watch this first and then if you still want to pay $30, at least you have set your expectation to the right level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_USHuhOqyk

Moonbase Alpha Male

blackpool wrote:Add to this the outrageous price Disney is asking for a single time streaming (30$!), it will surely end as a peg warmer of the dvd section in every store around christmas.

On the bright side it made me watch again the original cartoon from Disney, and the magic still works fine for me, those anime age very well!

As I understand it, it's not correct to talk about "the outrageous price Disney is asking for a single time streaming (30$!)" because actually $30 pays for something else that blurs the line between a "rental" and a "purchase" in a novel way (which is interesting).  It's a one time payment and then you keep the film "forever" as long as you have your Disney + subscription.  So at first blush that makes Disney's $30 look a bit better -- it's closer to a purchase, and the usual arguments kick in (still cheaper than movie tickets for Mom, Dad & kids with parking expense etc; Disney films have high potential for multiple viewings, etc) -- plus arguments unique to Mulan, ie that you're paying for home viewing while it's still a fresh release, that Disney needs to recoup its film cost despite the effect of COVID-19, etc.  But here's the evil part: while Mulan is supposedly a unique circumstance, you know Disney is going to be using this same $30 model for future films as well.  Which means that someday in the future you can't even think about cancelling your Disney + subscription without a whole bunch of accumulated $30 investments in your library going "poof."  At least once you pay for the 1/6th figure, ZOYTOYS aren't going to show up at your house to take it back.

blackpool

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
blackpool wrote:Add to this the outrageous price Disney is asking for a single time streaming (30$!), it will surely end as a peg warmer of the dvd section in every store around christmas.

On the bright side it made me watch again the original cartoon from Disney, and the magic still works fine for me, those anime age very well!

As I understand it, it's not correct to talk about "the outrageous price Disney is asking for a single time streaming (30$!)" because actually $30 pays for something else that blurs the line between a "rental" and a "purchase" in a novel way (which is interesting).  It's a one time payment and then you keep the film "forever" as long as you have your Disney + subscription.  So at first blush that makes Disney's $30 look a bit better -- it's closer to a purchase, and the usual arguments kick in (still cheaper than movie tickets for Mom, Dad & kids with parking expense etc; Disney films have high potential for multiple viewings, etc) -- plus arguments unique to Mulan, ie that you're paying for home viewing while it's still a fresh release, that Disney needs to recoup its film cost despite the effect of COVID-19, etc.  But here's the evil part: while Mulan is supposedly a unique circumstance, you know Disney is going to be using this same $30 model for future films as well.  Which means that someday in the future you can't even think about cancelling your Disney + subscription without a whole bunch of accumulated $30 investments in your library going "poof."  At least once you pay for the 1/6th figure, ZOYTOYS aren't going to show up at your house to take it back.

I find that outrageous since it is at the same time released in theaters, it's surely cheaper for a numerous family, but watching a movie in your living room is not the same kind of service as a theatrical experience (at least to me since I own a decent but not crazy tv without any audio equipment beside the tv audio)
Still the worst part is actually Mulan will be free for all disney subscribers on december the 4th... It's like paying for a figure people can get cheaper in theater, and that everyone will get for free in 3 months... Mickey Mouse is a business king lol

csyeung

csyeung
blackpool wrote:
I find that outrageous since it is at the same time released in theaters, it's surely cheaper for a numerous family, but watching a movie in your living room is not the same kind of service as a theatrical experience (at least to me since I own a decent but not crazy tv without any audio equipment beside the tv audio)
Still the worst part is actually Mulan will be free for all disney subscribers on december the 4th... It's like paying for a figure people can get cheaper in theater, and that everyone will get for free in 3 months... Mickey Mouse is a business king lol

Well, there are people that pay a premium for first batch hot toys so there's going to people that will shell the money out.

On a sidenote, I quite enjoyed the 2009 Hua Mulan film. Although it's quite a lot more sombre and realistic version. Some parts are pretty sad too, but i believe that version is closer to the original story. I kinda liked the armor designs in that one too. Something about the disney costume designs in this new mulan film seem off to me. Kinda feels like they threw a bunch of influences but didn't find something cohesive. I feel some of those chinese tv dramas have better costumes haha.

I agree with others here, that sculpt doesn't look quite like crystal liu. Maybe a bit with the helmet and 3/4 but straight on is a miss for me.

blackpool

blackpool
csyeung wrote:
Well, there are people that pay a premium for first batch hot toys so there's going to people that will shell the money out.

On a sidenote, I quite enjoyed the 2009 Hua Mulan film. Although it's quite a lot more sombre and realistic version. Some parts are pretty sad too, but i believe that version is closer to the original story. I kinda liked the armor designs in that one too. Something about the disney costume designs in this new mulan film seem off to me. Kinda feels like they threw a bunch of influences but didn't find something cohesive. I feel some of those chinese tv dramas have better costumes haha.

I agree with others here, that sculpt doesn't look quite like crystal liu. Maybe a bit with the helmet and 3/4 but straight on is a miss for me.

There will always be people to throw the money away (I didn't even know the first batch was more expensive than the rest of the production at hot toys, wondering what's the difference!)

Agreed on your sidenote, I remember that Mulan version, I had found it very interesting, I liked the darker atmosphere with the armors and designs that were not colorful (The actress was good too, I think it was the girl from earlier "shaolin soccer" but not sure)

csyeung

csyeung
Yeah, that was Zhao Wei. She was also in a b movie fantasy horror called painted skin (part 1 and 2) which was pretty neat as well. I quite liked the designs in that film.

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
I'd really like to buy this figure, but it seems sold out everywhere. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one please?

csyeung

csyeung
Not sure who has these still for preorder, you can message sellers if they have any extras. Some may have taken off their sites because it's an unlicensed property. I did see on facebook that they updated the headsculpt. I think there is a shouting head now.

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
csyeung wrote:Not sure who has these still for preorder, you can message sellers if they have any extras. Some may have taken off their sites because it's an unlicensed property. I did see on facebook that they updated the headsculpt. I think there is a shouting head now.

Thanks for the suggestion.

GubernatorFan also found a couple on ebay so I'm looking into that.

Also does anybody have pictures of Mulan in hand? I'd love to see them. Smile

csyeung

csyeung
I don't think it's out yet.

Here is a link to some of the updated pictures I found. I think the updated shouting head is near the bottom of the first post.

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=377494&extra=page%3D1&page=1

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
csyeung wrote:I don't think it's out yet.

Here is a link to some of the updated pictures I found. I think the updated shouting head is near the bottom of the first post.

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=377494&extra=page%3D1&page=1

The shouting head is awesome! I really hope the paint work is as good as the pictures. I was going to buy the Katniss Everdeen also by Zoy Toys but the actual head was not as good as the pictures.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Very nice improvements, i appreciate the update, csyeung.
I have the GACToys Liu Yifei but the updated calm face sculpt looks more accurate.

csyeung

csyeung
rollotomasi wrote:Very nice improvements, i appreciate the update, csyeung.
I have the GACToys Liu Yifei but the updated calm face sculpt looks more accurate.

I agree, the neutral face looks more like her in this update.

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Thanks to GubernatorFan's help I found her on Ebay. I'll be sure to share pics when she's released. Very Happy

Thanks so much GubernatorFan!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You're very welcome, I hope it arrives without issues, and that you are happy with her.

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Have there been any updates on a release/shipping date?

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Has anyone received their ZoyToys Mulan yet?

PatriciaLaHag

PatriciaLaHag
And here an unboxing video:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV15T411t7PX/?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click

I love the head sculpts, both versions. But where to buy? I have seen it only on Ebay and in very few shops. In Europe it is not available.

csyeung

csyeung
PatriciaLaHag wrote:And here an unboxing video:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV15T411t7PX/?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click

I love the head sculpts, both versions. But where to buy? I have seen it only on Ebay and in very few shops. In Europe it is not available.

I'd be careful and make sure they are in stock on Ebay before you buy. Onesixthoutfitters still has it on preorder. They are US based and usually get the figures later than asian retailers. I've never personally purchased from them though, so no first hand buying experience. My friend ordered a fig once and got it fine though. (He was US based). Not sure how much more it'd cost.

Alternatively you can wait and see if onesixthkit or giantoy have extra stock when they get their shipments in.

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Mine arrived today! I'm actually quite happy with her. I'll take some pictures a.s.a.p.

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Here's a picture I took yesterday. Sorry there aren't more right now, but I've been dealing ith some painful health issues. I'll take more when I feel better.

ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  - Page 2 52909845239_95885bdb38_k

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Here's another pic, so you can see her outfit. I'll dress her in the armour another time.  

ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  - Page 2 52909897204_6da4835e11_k

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice figure and photos. Sorry to hear about your health issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

ZOY TOYS:1/6th—Fa Mulan Action Figure#ZOY006  - Page 2 1f10

csyeung

csyeung
Looks pretty cool. Looking forward to more pics when you have time. Sorry to hear about the health issues. Hope they get better soon.

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Stryker2012 wrote:Nice figure and photos. Sorry to hear about your health issues.

Thanks Stryker. She's a fun figure. Smile

PatriciaLaHag

PatriciaLaHag
Great photos! Get well soon, Hellobirdie.

I ordered her and she is already on her way to me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She's looking good even without the armor. Hope you feel better soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum