OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to remove ball joints from long boots

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Delanie

Delanie
Hi folks I bought some long boots to use on an elf character I have a 'spare' S22A and the blond YM toys head.

Well the boots come with double ended ball joints inserted and I can't get a grip with my small needle nosed pliers as the boots are too deep.

So does anyone have any idea how to pull them out?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Get a pair of forceps and heat the outside of the boot (it will heat the inside as you do so) with a hair dryer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/YIYI-Hemostat-Stainless-Scissors-straight/dp/B07DR681BV/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=Forceps&qid=1599425632&sr=8-12

He who dies with the most toys wins!

How to remove ball joints from long boots C8485110

MerylAkiba

Delanie, can you take a photo of the pinzas that you are using. Are they the long nose style for automotive, the ones for handling wiring, or the beak type?

Stryker2011, I just had a flashback on those hemostats, I started my career in medical surgery

Delanie

Delanie
I actually have a pair of artery clamps which i keep for holding fine work but was afraid to break them.

I bit the bullet and did as I was told (so unlike me!) and heated the boot and after a struggle grasped the ball and got them out nearly broke my wrist in the process mind you.

trouble is the boots I think were mens and when i tried them on her they were way too big like me wearing my dads wellies!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, that’s unfortunate — but at least you had success getting the ball joints out.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

How to remove ball joints from long boots C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum