OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  Empty [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:48 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

In case anyone wonders where I've been, I've been busy. I'm looking to move some things around my 1/6 cave to be more comfortable in so I haven't been too active, still I've been working on some figures and this is one of them. Inspired by GubernatorFan's Hot Toy's mudtroper review I decided to make my own using Kenner/Hasbro parts (as usual) the parts aren't accurate to the movie but they at least look the part.

Two different figures where used, for the chest, helmet, shoulders, belt buckle and groin plate I used a kenner snowtroper which funnily enough are outfitted with the wrong chest piece, the helmet's molded on goggles where easily removed (and kept for any future ideas), from a stormtrooper I took the greaves, backplate and bicep armor, the stormtrooper backplate isn't accurate to the type of armor but it's the closest to it, I modified a BAR to make it into an imperial blaster and added some square pouches I had made to the belt.

[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  E9O6xs1
[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  OwkDpwl
[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  CPAZXkf
[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  6p67xC1

I weathered the armor in order to darken the color a little and the rifle to get some of the shyniness of the gold parts.  Ultimately I found myself undecided on whether or not hide the laces, I personally think they look good as it breaks the overall flatness at the shoe and greave area but I also thought some gaiter like coverings would look good too.

Additionally here's two more star wars WIPs, one is an imperial flamethrower operator, he was meant to go with this guy but I haven't finished him yet, the other is a royal guard inspired by those of Naboo and their quite colorful uniforms, at least when compared to imperials that is.
[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  MkRtGvf
[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  4WPpTMh

Well that's all for today, I hope to finish these guys soon, and also finish my new terrain since I would like to photograph them in it. But for now stay safe out there and have fun.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  1f60e

2[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:44 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I've always liked what you do with these older Kenner and Hasbro 12-inch pieces, making them more viable and more creative in your kitbashes. Was going to ask how you found a helmet that didn't look overized for the mudtrooper, but you explained it -- well spotted and well executed. Looking forward to the finished projects. Stay safe and keep at it.

3[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:57 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:I've always liked what you do with these older Kenner and Hasbro 12-inch pieces, making them more viable and more creative in your kitbashes. Was going to ask how you found a helmet that didn't look overized for the mudtrooper, but you explained it -- well spotted and well executed. Looking forward to the finished projects. Stay safe and keep at it.

Thanks Gubernator, I'm glad you enjoy the end result of my work. I hope to have my other two finished soon, after those I hope to make a few more alt history bashes but nothing concrete yet.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  1f60e

4[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:12 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for the Pictures from Your "1:6 Cave " Laughing I always enjoy to watch Your Work.

5[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:00 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice job on the figures. Good luck with the cave progress.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  C8485110

6[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:32 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Wheew, Nice work sir, I think he looks very dystopic, like he could patrol in your blue district too. Or be a (movie) starship trooper.

7[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:33 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Ephiane wrote:Thanks for the Pictures from Your "1:6 Cave " Laughing I always enjoy to watch Your Work.

Thanks Ephiane, its from where all pictures come from it's though I need to tidy it up a bit more to be more comfortable, glad you like my work.

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice job on the figures. Good luck with the cave progress.

Thanks Stryker, it's just a bit of tidying up and moving stuff around. I do plan on making a cave for taking photos at some point, not sure when since the current terrain I'm working on is far from finished.

Ovy wrote:Wheew, Nice work sir, I think he looks very dystopic, like he could patrol in your blue district too. Or be a (movie) starship trooper.

Thanks Ovy, I originally wanted him to look a bit WWI'ish but I'm not sure where that went, he does look like a starship trooper but I think that's due to the gray uniform and armor. I plan on adding a new guy for the blue district tho I'm not yet sure what.

8[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:22 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
As always, your work is most impressive.

9[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:58 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:As always, your work is most impressive.  

Thanks ThePhotogsBlog, yours is also impressive and creative too.

10[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:37 pm

ZombieTestSubject

I like your mudtrooper design, looks more evocative of the original Star Wars.

11[Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Imperial Mudtrooper Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:12 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
That Mud Trooper really looks the part, very convincing! A poncho would really help tie 'em more together I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum