OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Moonbase Alpha Male

JohnByng wrote:Thanks very much for the info FL. At those prices I had to order one of each so I will blame you when my conscience nags at me! Smile

It occurs to me that the second differently colored Horus could be converted, to expand the Pantheon, into one of the other avian headed Gods, so long as one could find or make a suitable bird-head. TBL Cleopatra already looks more like Isis than she does the actual Cleopatra, having the Moon with Horn headdress (or one such could be given to TBL Anck). A completed DC Multiverse 10" Collect & Connect Killer Croc would be a decent Sobek, while any 1/6 cow and maybe the Harry Potter serpent become Hathor and Apep/Apophis with a little added ornament.

So does the Pantheon expand, with or without TBL. But I don't expect TBL to make a Taweret hippo body any time soon.

Moonbase Alpha Male

GubernatorFan wrote:I think this is better proportioned than the Anubis and I personally like the style and detail better, although in principle I'm disappointed in the failure to recreate a more genuinely Egyptian look. Admittedly, the style is sleeker and designed to appeal to more modern/comics audiences.

I think technically the TBL Anubis head is not wrongly proportioned, if you accept that Anubis isn't supposed to be some kind of Dr Moreau, sci-fi DNA splice hybrid of human and jackal. He is a god with the body of a man and the head of a jackal, so TBL gave him the head size of an actual 1/6 Jackal. But they surely can't apply the same logic to Horus because a 1/6 human body with a tiny 1/6 Falcon head would look pretty ludicrous.

FreakinLobster

Uh... you're... welcome... I guess? Shocked

If I could afford both, I'd also totally go for it. You have some interesting display options with them. Anubis won't be very happy.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:I think technically the TBL Anubis head is not wrongly proportioned, if you accept that Anubis isn't supposed to be some kind of Dr Moreau, sci-fi DNA splice hybrid of human and jackal.  He is a god with the body of a man and the head of a jackal, so TBL gave him the head size of an actual 1/6 Jackal.  But they surely can't apply the same logic to Horus because a 1/6 human body with a tiny 1/6 Falcon head would look pretty ludicrous.

There are plenty of things that don't technically add up -- both with the original Egyptian standard depictions and with the modern TBL fantasy one. It does help when you put the Anubis head on a slimmer body, as I've shown as a test before.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

PatriciaLaHag

PatriciaLaHag
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
PatriciaLaHag wrote:Looks like real fur on his cloak.

Thats a criterion for exclusion for me. And I am really sorry about this, because that's a really great figure and I am a great fan of ancient Egypt.

I agree real fur would be a criterion for exclusion.  That said, do you have specific information here?  
Thanks for your support. Of course, I can't prove my theory now, but I asked Phicen right now and will wait for their response.

The fur looks like the material which was used on the Female Dragon Warrior sets from Vicky Secrets. This was rabbit fur. Hopefully I am wrong.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
PatriciaLaHag wrote:Thanks for your support. Of course, I can't prove my theory now, but I asked Phicen right now and will wait for their response.

The fur looks like the material which was used on the Female Dragon Warrior sets from Vicky Secrets. This was rabbit fur. Hopefully I am wrong.

I’d love to see you get an answer from Phicen/TBL  but of itself I am not hopeful.  Something like Mattel or even Sideshow would probably give you a straight answer but I would not be optimistic about smaller companies in the Asian region.  Maybe you could direct them to the new laws prohibiting sale of fur items in California (and suggest that if they do not answer you may pursue it further with the authorities or worse for them, the retailers) which should at least get TBL's attention.  NY Times says "For the purpose of the law, fur is defined as “animal skin or part thereof with hair, fleece or fur fibers attached thereto.” For the purposes of shoppers, that means mink, sable, chinchilla, lynx, fox, rabbit, beaver, coyote and other luxury furs."  So here's a link https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/14/style/fur-ban-california.html you could use to get TBL's attention with.  Several prominent retailers are in California, so if TBL can reassure you, they should do so, before someone suggests to those prominent California retailers that some TBL goods could be illegal.

I'm not quite sure where rabbit fur places on the ethical scale.  Leather gets a partial pass as an existing by-product of the food industry (unless the rule is that all "Meat is murder") while mink, chinchilla etc and even cat are outright raised for fur, and totally indefensible.  Rabbit fur is probably on the latter side, since some are offshoots of food industry, but probably not enough to supply all of the fur industry use.  But now I'm veering off-topic.

PatriciaLaHag

PatriciaLaHag
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

I’d love to see you get an answer from Phicen/TBL  but of itself I am not hopeful.  

Unbelievable, But i got an answer today:

Hi,

Horus's cloak is really made of real fur.
His fur is very soft and feels very comfortable.

------------------

Best Regards

PHICEN LIMITED
楊小暑(Xiaoshu Yang)Ms.

So, no Horus for me.

JohnByng

China makes its own rules.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
PatriciaLaHag wrote:Unbelievable, But i got an answer today:

Hi,

Horus's cloak is really made of real fur.
His fur is very soft and feels very comfortable.

------------------

Best Regards

PHICEN LIMITED
楊小暑(Xiaoshu Yang)Ms.

So, no Horus for me.

Creepiest part of that Phicen answer is how apparently clueless they are on why your question would ever be asked in the first place.  I’m surprised you got a response at all, but it probably is because they thought their use of “real” materials was a positive selling point to boast about.  And the sad part is that synthetic materials would be just as suitable to their purpose, so the issue doesn’t even have to get into ethical territory.  

If they were made aware that the fur technically makes their product illegal to sell in California, and maybe other places, I wonder would that have any practical effect.  At least maybe they could think they dodged a bullet on Horus but why not avoid any future problems and go synthetic from now on.

agentghost

agentghost
Any other Gods being planned for this line?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum