OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Horus Guardian of Pharaoh- Golden 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Horus Guardian of Pharaoh- Golden 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2020-170A
Bar Code: 697 127233 073 4

Horus ,Egyptian god,Guardian of Pharaoh.
He was in the form of a falcon whose right eye was the sun or morning star, representing power and quintessence, and whose left eye was the moon or evening star, representing healing.
Horus was a powerful fighter. In order to protect the imperial authority, Horus defeated Set, who was many times more powerful than himself. After succeeding to the throne, Horus was also regarded as the supreme god, the god of the sky.

Packing List:
1) 2 x headsculpts
2) 1 x TBLeague 1/6 male seamless body with metal skeleton
3)3 pairs x interchangeable hands
4) 1 x battle style skirt
5)1 X belt
6)1 pair x feet
7) 1 x machete
8)1 X scepter
9)1 X neck armor
10)1 pair X armbands
11)1 pair X armlets
12)1 pair X forearm armors
13) 1 pair X leg armors
14)1 pair X fabric leg sleeves
15) 1 x cloak

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.81 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*11.0cm*38.0cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 11.76 kg
Measurements: 50cm*36.7cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 13595910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14000110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14000210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14000410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14000510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14000610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14000611
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14000710
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14000810
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14000910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14001010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14001011

Horus Guardian of Pharaoh- Sliver 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Horus Guardian of Pharaoh- Sliver 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2020-170B
Bar Code: 697 127233 074 1

Horus ,Egyptian god,Guardian of Pharaoh.
He was in the form of a falcon whose right eye was the sun or morning star, representing power and quintessence, and whose left eye was the moon or evening star, representing healing.
Horus was a powerful fighter. In order to protect the imperial authority, Horus defeated Set, who was many times more powerful than himself. After succeeding to the throne, Horus was also regarded as the supreme god, the god of the sky.

Packing List:
1) 2 x headsculpts
2) 1 x TBLeague 1/6 male seamless body with metal skeleton
3)3 pairs x interchangeable hands
4) 1 x battle style skirt
5)1 X belt
6)1 pair x feet
7) 1 x machete
8)1 X scepter
9)1 X neck armor
10)1 pair X armbands
11)1 pair X armlets
12)1 pair X forearm armors
13) 1 pair X leg armors
14)1 pair X fabric leg sleeves
15) 1 x cloak

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.81 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*11.0cm*38.0cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 11.76 kg
Measurements: 50cm*36.7cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14023510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14023610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14023811
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14023910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14024010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14024110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14024210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14024310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14024410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14024510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14024610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) 14024611

#newproduct #TBLeague #Horus #Egyptian #Mythology #male #fantasy

Delanie

Delanie
I think I like the dark one the most. Hopefully the head is a bit more in proportion than Anubis

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Silver vs Gold is a misnomer - silver is a minor barely noticeable accent on the armor bits.  I guess they wanted to avoid "Black" vs "White" versions.  If TBL was going to go through the effort of two versions I wish they had done it on some figure, like a Pharaoh or an Egyptian Soldier, that would appeal to buying both as different characters (not so with Horus).  I'm still ranting that in all the years we have had so many 1/6 Romans, Greeks and Vikings, no one has ever done a regular Egyptian male (except once, Mystic Forge's Ramessess II, that was scarcely distributed and made overpriced by including an unnecessary throne).  Yet there is a whole universe of 1/6 Egyptian decor available as nick-nacks and no regular Egyptian males to use them.  With TBL now we have 4+ females and 2+ Animal Gods but 0 men.

I share Delanie's concern:  the head looks ok in the pics but the underscaling on Anubis really only revealed itself in hand.  Best thing about this figure isn't the figure itself, but the likelihood following Anubis that we may eventually get a whole Egyptian Pantheon.

Nekk-ra

That is very cool. Will have to decide which one to get.

And I don't think you need to worry about this figures head. The underscaled head on Anubis was present when the prototype was first shown, and TbLeague didn't change it. Horus' head in the above photos next to Anubis looks comparatively larger.

And oddly enough, there is also is a pre-order for 1/12 Anubis, and it's head actually looks scaled correctly.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/137139

JohnByng

Oddly enough, I suspect that the TBL Horus beak is way overscale compared to the historical images, but I prefer this version for its aesthetic.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.sciencephoto.com%2Fimage%2Fe9050398%2F800wm&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sciencephoto.com%2Fmedia%2F185917%2Fview%2Fqueen-nefertari-and-horus&tbnid=Ce2sqxCn8LpEWM&vet=12ahUKEwj2woKzsIzsAhWD34UKHZE6Aq4QMyhVegUIARCoAQ..i&docid=s0qXlQvVqYWHjM&w=527&h=800&q=horus&ved=2ahUKEwj2woKzsIzsAhWD34UKHZE6Aq4QMyhVegUIARCoAQ

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.squarespace-cdn.com%2Fcontent%2Fv1%2F56c13cc00442627a08632989%2F1555161994839-YZ8S1HWRBUZX8W78B58M%2Fke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kDuxG8oc1QlTvUcNTgKlFMJZw-zPPgdn4jUwVcJE1ZvWEtT5uBSRWt4vQZAgTJucoTqqXjS3CfNDSuuf31e0tVEqaFWkwcMVzLkdleNjJBq1ASt4TNdF8uQeQYND8spXEt1lH3P2bFZvTItROhWrBJ0%2FHorusSetandPharoah.png&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thenotsoinnocentsabroad.com%2Fblog%2Fhorus-vs-seth-homosexuality-hippos-and-familial-violence&tbnid=cqViE3wosR_cgM&vet=10CIoBEDMoowFqFwoTCND4y7KwjOwCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAH..i&docid=Yk8x7hucWdMQ7M&w=429&h=567&q=horus&ved=0CIoBEDMoowFqFwoTCND4y7KwjOwCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAH

I love these and will try and get both!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ll be going for the darker one. And I agree, the head looks slightly better proportioned than Anubis.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 The King and the Vengeful God-Horus Gilt Gold Edition & Silver Edition (PL2020-170A/B) C8485110

ahbake

Damn nice!
Together with Anubis it'll make a very nice display.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well this looks pretty awesome. I have no need for it, but tempted to pick up a few parted out pieces for sure. Those clawed hands and feet, especially...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Nekk-ra wrote:And oddly enough, there is also is a pre-order for 1/12 Anubis, and it's head actually looks scaled correctly.

With hindsight I can see the Anubis head was already underscale in the promo pics. At the time I didn't see it, and I normally would notice (but it's not a usual human head).

Thanks Nekk-ra, I hadn't seen that 1/12 Anubis announcement. Wonder how far TBL will go down both paths. It would actually be cool to build a corner of a 1/6 temple where the 1/12 figures are statues.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I'm trully getting tempted on starting a 1/12th TBL collection. They announced Death Dealer and now Anubis in this scale... and I can only hope that this figure will follow the same path next year.

How cool would it be to have a stylized Serqet, with the same body colour and a poseable scorpion's tail?

As for male egyptians, I totally agree. It would be neat, specially if they used the m32, m33 or m36 bodies, or better yet, a new one not as buffed as the 34.
All of their figures use M34 or M35 bodies. Time to change a bit.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think this is better proportioned than the Anubis and I personally like the style and detail better, although in principle I'm disappointed in the failure to recreate a more genuinely Egyptian look. Admittedly, the style is sleeker and designed to appeal to more modern/comics audiences.

Diana

Diana
Not my genre so I'll save those bucks, but he is magnificent! I would go with the dark version, too.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nekk-ra wrote:And oddly enough, there is also is a pre-order for 1/12 Anubis, and it's head actually looks scaled correctly.

They used the same head for both figures. Cool

shazzdan

shazzdan
AerynDiana wrote:Not my genre so I'll save those bucks, but he is magnificent! I would go with the dark version, too.

Ancient Egypt is my genre but this isn't ancient Egypt. There are plenty of Egyptian illustrations of Horus that they could have used as a model but they produce this fantasy bollocks instead. It is worse than what we saw in the Mummy movies.

PatriciaLaHag

PatriciaLaHag
Looks like real fur on his cloak.

Thats a criterion for exclusion for me. And I am really sorry about this, because that's a really great figure and I am a great fan of ancient Egypt.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
shazzdan wrote:Ancient Egypt is my genre but this isn't ancient Egypt. There are plenty of Egyptian illustrations of Horus that they could have used as a model but they produce this fantasy bollocks instead. It is worse than what we saw in the Mummy movies.

Fantasy bollocks, as opposed to what -- they should have used Horus and Anubis's Driver's License Pictures?

But Shazzdan, I get what you are saying and you are absolutely right.  There is a huge stylistic divergence between these figures and any ancient representations, contemporary to the historical belief in Horus or Anubis.  To be fair I think any direct translations into 1/6 would look flat, quaint and weird at the same time (especially the animal heads) and probably their financial viability would largely be limited to museum exhibits and school projects.  It is also a factor in my mind that there are actually quite a lot of already available statues etc that do directly reproduce those actual Egyptian representations etc, some of them even approximating 1/6 scale -- so to add expensive posable figures into the marketplace, it made sense to veer into dynamic, more 2020 redesign type exaggerations.  They do no disservice to the "originals" as I think no one would confuse the two.  Obviously I have a more positive fun reaction to the "Fantasy bollocks" than you do, and admittedly it probably colors my thinking.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
PatriciaLaHag wrote:Looks like real fur on his cloak.

Thats a criterion for exclusion for me. And I am really sorry about this, because that's a really great figure and I am a great fan of ancient Egypt.

I agree real fur would be a criterion for exclusion. That said, do you have specific information here? Because "Looks like real fur" is a thing also, and I don't have a problem with that. I know some people also object even to faux fur because it is a reference to real fur, but I do not go that far. Faux fur is pretty indistinguishable -- right now I am looking at a doll carpet, a separated faux fur wine sac, and a cut open teddy bear in my 1/6 world, none of it coming from an actual animal. I know the concern with real fur comes sometimes on 1/6 figures, for example there was speculation that John Snow migh have had cat fur but I never saw anything conclusive. I genuinely don't really know how to approach this issue.

Delanie

Delanie
I think that's what like about this one that it is not overtly 'Egyptian' as to be honest that historical period gives me the creeps. I think it has something to do with it been overdone at school and on tv

csyeung

csyeung
I quite like the design and look of these. I prefer the "golden" version a bit more.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
BBTS has this figure for PO at 169USD. And the 1/12th Anubis is 89USD. Pleasant surprise on these prices.

I'm kinda torn between these two versions. I liked the golden details on the head and armor but I liked the white cloth and cape more.

JohnByng

FreakinLobster wrote:BBTS has this figure for PO at 169USD. And the 1/12th Anubis is 89USD. Pleasant surprise on these prices.

I'm kinda torn between these two versions. I liked the golden details on the head and armor but I liked the white cloth and cape more.

Thanks very much for the info FL. At those prices I had to order one of each so I will blame you when my conscience nags at me! Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
JohnByng wrote:Thanks very much for the info FL. At those prices I had to order one of each so I will blame you when my conscience nags at me! Smile

It occurs to me that the second differently colored Horus could be converted, to expand the Pantheon, into one of the other avian headed Gods, so long as one could find or make a suitable bird-head. TBL Cleopatra already looks more like Isis than she does the actual Cleopatra, having the Moon with Horn headdress (or one such could be given to TBL Anck). A completed DC Multiverse 10" Collect & Connect Killer Croc would be a decent Sobek, while any 1/6 cow and maybe the Harry Potter serpent become Hathor and Apep/Apophis with a little added ornament.

So does the Pantheon expand, with or without TBL. But I don't expect TBL to make a Taweret hippo body any time soon.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I think this is better proportioned than the Anubis and I personally like the style and detail better, although in principle I'm disappointed in the failure to recreate a more genuinely Egyptian look. Admittedly, the style is sleeker and designed to appeal to more modern/comics audiences.

I think technically the TBL Anubis head is not wrongly proportioned, if you accept that Anubis isn't supposed to be some kind of Dr Moreau, sci-fi DNA splice hybrid of human and jackal. He is a god with the body of a man and the head of a jackal, so TBL gave him the head size of an actual 1/6 Jackal. But they surely can't apply the same logic to Horus because a 1/6 human body with a tiny 1/6 Falcon head would look pretty ludicrous.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Uh... you're... welcome... I guess? Shocked

If I could afford both, I'd also totally go for it. You have some interesting display options with them. Anubis won't be very happy.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:I think technically the TBL Anubis head is not wrongly proportioned, if you accept that Anubis isn't supposed to be some kind of Dr Moreau, sci-fi DNA splice hybrid of human and jackal.  He is a god with the body of a man and the head of a jackal, so TBL gave him the head size of an actual 1/6 Jackal.  But they surely can't apply the same logic to Horus because a 1/6 human body with a tiny 1/6 Falcon head would look pretty ludicrous.

There are plenty of things that don't technically add up -- both with the original Egyptian standard depictions and with the modern TBL fantasy one. It does help when you put the Anubis head on a slimmer body, as I've shown as a test before.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum