OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Valiarde

I can put one of my Famiglia Ducale Knights on a scales - he should be very very similar to the silver Dragon night in terms of armor.

I think i will get the Dracul - hits both my liking for Knights as well as Fantasy and horror

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Awesome research and input Gub, thanks a lot, it totally makes sense for that double release, and makes it even more interesting! (the minor upgrade I'd ask is they make a different shield for the Corvinus guy so he doesn't sport the same dragon as vlad)

Overall I find those two figures stunning, wondering about the weight of those beasts and the body underlying, but the details on the armors and clothes look very nice, the wings as well (a chance I don't collect medieval figures!)

Thank you very much, I'm glad I've been informative. Smile And I agree, it is actually a pretty cool idea for a double release, might have been even cooler if they explained the rationale behind the figures. And also that they would have done better to give them distinct shields, as you noted. Although we are talking second half of the 15th century, I can't help the feeling that the armor is just a tad too modern for east-central Europe. But it is certainly stunning and not out of the realm of what would be plausible. I have their famiglia ducale knight (or was it his counterpart?), and he is excellent. But the metal pieces (and they were not all metal) do make him very heavy and difficult to pose and especially balance. I have him displayed on his stand (precariously!) and have rarely done anything with him. Except maybe this, with a head substitution from fireman Chad:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1854p41-new-superhero-revealed-fire-man-nsfw-updated-with-part-ii-july-2019#25727

As for these CooModel figures... I wish I could pick up both. But while Matyas is pretty pricey, Vlad is pretty insane -- and all this for an extra vampire head and a couple of other accessories I don't care about? While making figures that go with each other is a great idea, I'm not sure it works well with these higher prices. Looks like I will have to settle for some parted-out pieces if I get lucky.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Valiarde

If you hit the right time on ebay, you csn always snag some decent priced parts of coo figures. Just a few weeks ago the se065 to se071 were released and i snagged some parts for kitbashing. Just a few days later the prices seem to increase then and later will often stay expensive. Like a pair of trousers plus gambeson for 14 dollar is ok. Later you often find the gambeson for 20...without trousers. Or 25 for both.
Same for armory. But i guess you know these market mechanism of our hobby on ebay Smile

That ducale knight should get more praise in general though. It is a great piece and for like 80 less than this dragon knight on release...

Ovy

So basically, Christian Bale is a Dark Knig*INTENSE EDGY HANS ZIMMER MUSIC GETS SO LOUD, YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE WORDS*

Stunning as always coo, but I will keep the money and enjoy the happiness of others who got them.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ovy wrote:So basically, Christian Bale is a Dark Knig*INTENSE EDGY HANS ZIMMER MUSIC GETS SO LOUD, YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE WORDS*

lol!

To everyone interested:
KGHobby has the best prices as always. Check it out
All other shops so far: Shame! Shame! Shame! Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:That ducale knight should get more praise in general though. It is a great piece and for like 80 less than this dragon knight on release...

I didn't mean to put him down -- just sharing the ease of posing/displaying experience -- he is a great figure, and probably my favorite of this line so far.

agentghost

agentghost
Valiarde wrote:
Ovy wrote:So basically, Christian Bale is a Dark Knig*INTENSE EDGY HANS ZIMMER MUSIC GETS SO LOUD, YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE WORDS*

lol!

To everyone interested:
KGHobby has the best prices as always. Check it out
All other shops so far: Shame! Shame! Shame! Smile

"Best" price BEFORE SHIPPING.

You should add shipping fee and see if it is actually cheaper

Valiarde

Valiarde
I know i did the math and both knights are each $100 cheaper WITH shipping than OSK or the european shops i found so far.

Cant say for US shops though

Valiarde

Valiarde
So I already have this man since over half a year and never bothered to take pics despite it being a super cool figure. I'm just a sucker for Black knights and Dark Knights and I think this captures both. Probably my favourite figure from 2021. 

The body can stand on its own quiet well, to my surprise. 

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 2 1q1veOah

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 2 ITQy8CRh

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 2 USgPBLjh

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 2 Cucc3yXh

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 2 Uib0GA1h

And with a custom head
NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 2 OgxNo6Ph

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 2 6puS44Rh

sunny

Diana

Diana
WOW. He looks impressive. Great photos!!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh yes, I agree, excellent work. Especially with the human heads. And nicely presented, as always. As usual, I only picked up some of the pieces.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool. The vampire version is wild.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 2 C8485110

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
This turned out to be a really great figure. Thank you for the excellent photos, Valiarde! Your custom head pushes the figure even further.

I was tempted to order it, but then shied away because of the relatively high price tag. The wings would look also great on other figures. How are they attached to the body?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That custom head is gorgeous. Is it supposed to depict a specific character?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Diana wrote:WOW. He looks impressive. Great photos!!
Thank you. Yrah I love him. Smile

GubernatorFan wrote:Oh yes, I agree, excellent work. Especially with the human heads. And nicely presented, as always. As usual, I only picked up some of the pieces.
Thank you. Which parts did you order? Anything special in mind?
And yeah I like the human version(s) more, too.

Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty cool. The vampire version is wild.
Yeah it is...something else.

Randam Hajile wrote:This turned out to be a really great figure. Thank you for the excellent photos, Valiarde! Your custom head pushes the figure even further.

I was tempted to order it, but then shied away because of the relatively high price tag. The wings would look also great on other figures. How are they attached to the body?  
Yeah hefty price tag but such a cool fantasy knight and monster in one.
There are two back armor parts included. One has to magnets where the wings can be attached. I can do some pics tomorrow.
Thanks for liking the custom head.

skywalkersaga wrote:That custom head is gorgeous. Is it supposed to depict a specific character?

Thank you sky. I bought this head because i liked the expression. It was like 20 bucks on ebay. I removed the hair and gave him some red hair I got from Ovy not so long ago. No specific character. Smile  i always wanted to make a Kvothe with it (from Name of the Wind) but I thought why not use the red on this one first?

One more with that head

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 2 Eorkyv10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think I got just the helmet and human head, maybe sword from this one.

The yelling head is great. I used it in one of the small pool table threads some time ago, but your rehairing work brings so much more life to it. I like this new photo of it even more.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yep, I knew he was familiar. Just came across the photos today, including the ones below. But Valiarde's rehairing and use as a knight makes him far more interesting, I think. Smile

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 2 Fif0110

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 2 Fif0210

Valiarde

Valiarde
Haha! Love it, they play with real passion! These heads are very fitting for that little scene. Especially love that yelling head - I think it is the PERFECT expression for that second pic! Smile

I had such a table when I was a kid. Played it with my brother til it broke Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Haha! Love it, they play with real passion! These heads are very fitting for that little scene. Especially love that yelling head - I think it is the PERFECT expression for that second pic! Smile

I had such a table when I was a kid. Played it with my brother til it broke Laughing

Glad you liked it. And that if brought back some fond childhood memories. By the way, the answer to one of your questions (with due credit) is now posted on the Two Kinds of Stripes thread. Smile

kelo1

Is the dragon knight worth to buy ? Found it for 245 euros or should i wait for ferdinand the 2 nd and buy that one eve tho it costa 500 euros

Valiarde

Valiarde
kelo1 wrote:Is the dragon knight worth to buy ? Found it for 245 euros or shoukd i wait for ferdinand the 2 nd and buy that one eve tho it costa 500 euros

Fantasy Knights are one of my main themes Smile  Since I own both I can tell you:

- I think the Dragon knight is one of the best "heavy plated" knights from coo. It is very good to pose and feels rock solid.
I have some other knights from Coo and not all of them are that well made (like the Gothic knight, which feels very shaky and rickety - still nice if you just pose him and be done)

I would definately prefer the Dragon knight to the Ferdinand unless you really really love that look of the copper armor of Ferdinand. Ferdinand figure is more a "museum knight", you pose him once and leave it like that for the rest of time. He also comes with very little extras and is not very poseable.

Hope that helps

kelo1

I ordered it did you put the tabard ? Also the new pope knight looks sick.

Valiarde

Valiarde
kelo1 wrote: I ordered it did you put the tabard ? Also the new pope knight looks sick.

I did put it on for a while but I love the shiny armor too much so I removed the tabard again.
The pope looks slick!
Smile

kelo1

I also wonder if the armor is specific to middle -late 15 century that is when Vlad The Impaler and Mathis Corvin ruled

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
kelo1 wrote:I also wonder if the armor is specific  to middle -late 15 century that is when Vlad The Impaler and Mathis Corvin ruled
Yes, the armor is late medieval, 15-th century to early 16-th century by the looks of it. I do not know if either set specifically recreates an actual preserved set of armor. We know a thing or two about King Matyas' armor, and that actually looked like this:

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 2 913U1rK-CML

kelo1

This is more gothic style visited his castle several times but did not have his armor also Vlad had a more eastern oriented armor i doubt he used full plate his father did but Vlad was raised at istambul and adopted some of the stuff from there

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
kelo1 wrote:This is more gothic style visited his castle several times but did not have his armor  also Vlad had a more eastern oriented armor i doubt he used full plate his father did  but Vlad was raised at istambul and adopted some of the stuff from there
We can expect persons like these, especially the Hungarian king, but also the prince of Wallachia, to have more than one suit of armor. I'm sure Vlad III had some pieces of eastern origin, but do we know that he would have preferred eastern armor? The newest in western (Milanese, especially) armor was a favorite of rulers, and in Eastern Europe at least the rulers would have made an effort to obtain some, even if generally speaking that type of armor remained less widespread there. For example, we see such armor (especially helmets) on various heraldic and symbolic devices of the Serbian despots. Considering that Vlad and his brother Radu were raised as hostages at Istanbul, and Vlad took a very hostile view of that experience (less so Radu, apparently, but I will skip the adult details), I don't know how likely he would have been to prefer eastern pieces in general (although their worth and ornate decoration would have still made them desirable). Moreover, Vlad was every bit as connected to Hungary as his father, and arguably even more dependent on the king of Hungary.

kelo1

His father sold the members of the dragon order to the turks so i belive the western trust in him and his sons was on an alltime low also his help was not Corvinus but his cousin Stefan The Great  even tho in  the end they were also enemies

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum