OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
kelo1 wrote:I also wonder if the armor is specific  to middle -late 15 century that is when Vlad The Impaler and Mathis Corvin ruled
Yes, the armor is late medieval, 15-th century to early 16-th century by the looks of it. I do not know if either set specifically recreates an actual preserved set of armor. We know a thing or two about King Matyas' armor, and that actually looked like this:

NEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 3 913U1rK-CML

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

kelo1

This is more gothic style visited his castle several times but did not have his armor also Vlad had a more eastern oriented armor i doubt he used full plate his father did but Vlad was raised at istambul and adopted some of the stuff from there

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
kelo1 wrote:This is more gothic style visited his castle several times but did not have his armor  also Vlad had a more eastern oriented armor i doubt he used full plate his father did  but Vlad was raised at istambul and adopted some of the stuff from there
We can expect persons like these, especially the Hungarian king, but also the prince of Wallachia, to have more than one suit of armor. I'm sure Vlad III had some pieces of eastern origin, but do we know that he would have preferred eastern armor? The newest in western (Milanese, especially) armor was a favorite of rulers, and in Eastern Europe at least the rulers would have made an effort to obtain some, even if generally speaking that type of armor remained less widespread there. For example, we see such armor (especially helmets) on various heraldic and symbolic devices of the Serbian despots. Considering that Vlad and his brother Radu were raised as hostages at Istanbul, and Vlad took a very hostile view of that experience (less so Radu, apparently, but I will skip the adult details), I don't know how likely he would have been to prefer eastern pieces in general (although their worth and ornate decoration would have still made them desirable). Moreover, Vlad was every bit as connected to Hungary as his father, and arguably even more dependent on the king of Hungary.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

kelo1

His father sold the members of the dragon order to the turks so i belive the western trust in him and his sons was on an alltime low also his help was not Corvinus but his cousin Stefan The Great  even tho in  the end they were also enemies

kelo1

Also the bird is in  fact not corvinus  it belongs to valachia the contry that vlad ruledNEW PRODUCT: CooModel: 1/6 Die-casting Alloy Nightmare Series-Dragon Knight (Silver Knight) NS009/Vladal III (Black Knight) NS010 - Page 3 1200px11

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I didn't say it was accurate. Given the difference in human heads, they must have intended a distinct individual, not two renditions of Vlad III Draculea (which is what they would have ended up with, if you go with the Wallachian coat of arms). Moreover, this Wallachian coat of arms may be too late a version to have employed here (an earlier one, used by his grandfather, was a lion, while I see this one with the bird, cross, star, and crescent used in the following century; there is also a third, distinct coat of arms for this branch of the Wallachian Basarab family, supposedly going back to his time but I'm not sure that is verifiable) -- apart from possibly being mistaken as a reference to a crow personal device of the Hungarian king. The presence of identical (but differently executed) dragon imagery on their shields already betrayed a conflation. They ought to have done their homework better, and it would not be the first time. These are largely fantasy figures and designs, only very loosely based on their sources for inspiration. As for the contacts, alliances (including marital ones), cooperation, and betrayals between the Wallachian and Hungarian rulers, they are well documented.

kelo1

Still nice to see you are real well informed and a pasionate student of history

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you got your knight. That one is more plausible for the mid-15th century, by the way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum