OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barbarian in the woods

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Barbarian in the woods Empty Barbarian in the woods Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:52 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Hi Folks,

For something different, I put together this barbarian.
Barbarian in the woods 50661260358_0e2ff171c1_c
His base is a Neca Perseus, with a Marvel Black Knight head.
Barbarian in the woods 50661260113_79b29afca7_c
I wanted him to be more suited for colder temperatures, so made him wrappings out of an old tee shirt, some bits of leather, and some faux fur.

I also made him a sword carrier out of a small scrap of a fabric awning, some carnation ribbon, and faux fur.
Barbarian in the woods 50662086627_f01014db2c_c
Speaking of the sword, I made that as well, using a scrap piece of aluminum, a rivet, and a piece of gift card for the guard.

His foot and hand wraps were made out of hockey tape (naturally)

2Barbarian in the woods Empty Re: Barbarian in the woods Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hockey tape... on a barbarian... naturally! I love it. Worked out beautifully, as usual.

3Barbarian in the woods Empty Re: Barbarian in the woods Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:00 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
GubernatorFan wrote:Hockey tape... on a barbarian... naturally! I love it. Worked out beautifully, as usual.

Haha hey I'm nothing if not consistent. Thanks, I had a lot of fun making this guy.

4Barbarian in the woods Empty Re: Barbarian in the woods Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:07 pm

davidd

davidd
Excellent figure, and perfect choice of a setting!

5Barbarian in the woods Empty Re: Barbarian in the woods Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:18 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
davidd wrote:Excellent figure, and perfect choice of a setting!

Thanks a lot David, really appreciate it!

6Barbarian in the woods Empty Re: Barbarian in the woods Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:08 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
great figure, all the single elements are coming together nicely and fit the character naturally. if it wasnt for the info i would have guessed the sword being from a different figure, flawlessly done.

7Barbarian in the woods Empty Re: Barbarian in the woods Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:10 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Tjolnir wrote:great figure, all the single elements are coming together nicely and fit the character naturally. if it wasnt for the info i would have guessed the sword being from a different figure, flawlessly done.

Really appreciate it!

My only real nitpick with this figure is that it's a bit restricted in terms of articulation, so I can't get that many dynamic poses out of him, but he'll have his uses for sure Smile

8Barbarian in the woods Empty Re: Barbarian in the woods Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:13 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Woo, something different and without a gun. I thought the sword is made from hockey tape too, because that's what you do. I guess that is the guy the sniper giants were after?

Great choice of surroundings and cold desaturated atmosphere.

9Barbarian in the woods Empty Re: Barbarian in the woods Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:21 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Ovy wrote:Woo, something different and without a gun. I thought the sword is made from hockey tape too, because that's what you do. I guess that is the guy the sniper giants were after?

Great choice of surroundings and cold desaturated atmosphere.

Haha thanks. I did quite seriously consider a hockey tape sword carrier Razz

10Barbarian in the woods Empty Re: Barbarian in the woods Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:31 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stunning work as always! He suits the scenery very well :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

11Barbarian in the woods Empty Re: Barbarian in the woods Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He looks appropriately bad-@$$. Like what you did with all the elements. And the scenery helps sell it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Barbarian in the woods C8485110

12Barbarian in the woods Empty Re: Barbarian in the woods Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:08 am

Diana

Diana
Great photos of a great figure. He looks awesome! Love the hockey tape in asymmetric places. The fur, the armor, everything fits! Only that helmet screams "aquatic" to me. Smile

He is 1/12, right? For articulation... Would the TBL body not have been bulky enough?

13Barbarian in the woods Empty Re: Barbarian in the woods Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:39 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot folks Smile

Aeryn, there definitely is an aquatic type look to the helmet, reminds me a bit of the DC character Ocean Master.

Barbarian in the woods Latest?cb=20150204180842

A TBL body would've been great, really, but I wanted to use up some fodder I've had kicking around for some years now. I do have some alternate heads available for him though! I rigged up the rounded one to fit the peg also.
Barbarian in the woods 81dMivrJ28L._AC_SL1500_

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum