OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Star Wars] What remains of the Empire

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[Star Wars] What remains of the Empire  Empty [Star Wars] What remains of the Empire Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:38 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

It's been a while since I posted anything, since my last post I've been spending some more time putting together this wall (and coming up with some more stuff). This new wall took me a bit longer since my foam cutter died meaning I had to go slowl with a blade, for this one I've used 1 inch thick foam as support for the foam core, I must say I should have gone with this option when I did the first two but my desire to keep them as flat as possible got in the way and now they are all warped however they can be fixed. Apart from foam and foam core I also used some thin cardboard for the door (glued onto foam core for strenght) the frame around the door and the door control.

As for the figure he is an old BBI guy dressed in hasbro stormtrooper armor, I painted it green and added a few extra pouches since he looked a bit bare without having other things on his belt. Unlike before this guy does have story behind him.

What remains of the Empire

Though the fall of the empire would be celebrated by many and mourned by some it wasn't the end, imperial governors, admirals, moffs and all manner of high ranking imperials would flee to the outer rims of the galaxy in hopes of escaping the New Republic, in the chaos of such violent transition many important imperials that would have been brought to justice would slip past the new government's fingers. Such Imperials would often establish themselves in backwater planets, mostly empty specks of dust with little to offer anyone other than a place to call home, others would live a constant life of fleeing and traveling aboard their now stolen vessels.

However there where some that would also take over planets, Admiral Garin would be one such man, escaping to the distant agricultural world of Hesive his arrival would be seen as a godsent by Imperial Governor Dravon, however Garin had other ideas, over the following weeks he sought out loyalists and supporters to lead a revolution against Dravon. Once the final preparations had been met the admiral would rise in arms and depose the governor, having him executed in public and ending what he referred to as "The last roots of a failed empire". Garin would go on to become the new ruler, under him the planet saw an increase in the living quality of it's citizens specially among humanoid aliens (these where aliens that where capable of speaking basic and looked mostly human), such actions would make him a respected ruler, and support of his actions made him quite popular among some groups though there still remained those that saw him as nothing more than an imperial attempting to save his own skin.

Though Garin did great things he was still a wanted man by the new republic who once learned of his whereabouts blockaded the planet, for the next couple of years the planet would be cut off and all efforts to end it by the Hesive Goverment ended in failure as the new republic did not recognize him or his government, ultimately he would have to agree to a 70% occupation of Hesive, the new republic would send in troops to ensure that the views, laws and values of the new republic where met. Garin's loyalists would go on to build their enclaves around Hesive, the true last remnants of a now dead empire.
[Star Wars] What remains of the Empire  Vz2sl5f
[Star Wars] What remains of the Empire  P6PTiCF
[Star Wars] What remains of the Empire  VBgr7pY
[Star Wars] What remains of the Empire  YKFo7Nh
[Star Wars] What remains of the Empire  C9XIPWb
[Star Wars] What remains of the Empire  JPgt5X6

Well that's that for now, I still have to give this backdrop some finishing touches before it's properly done, I'm also going to be making a side piece so I can take photos from other angles, I only need one to switch between left and right, I also hope to make some other props to populate this and use it as both an outside and inside area. The trooper has a light brown wash over the green, some parts I brushed a bit more so that the white armor would be seen a little or come through entirely, I wanted it to look more like they painted over the white rather than it being proper imperial armor in green.
As always have a good week, have fun and stay safe out there.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Star Wars] What remains of the Empire  1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
Nice one, I like how it's actually visible that the armor was white once.
When I read the story I actually heard the Moff theme from the Mandalorian in my head. As always I love how nuanced your politics are, never straight evil or good, but well, politics and society.
The backdrop looks very star warsy indeed, the door makes it. I wonder if you could turn for example your Puerto Rico Door of History into a Star Wars Diorama with small removable details, or the other way around .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another improvement on the old Kenner/Hasbro stuff. I like the color scheme, with the contrast between the lenses and some other features and the rest of the armor; also the weathering/scratching, like Ovy pointed out. The clothing also works nicely for the Star Wars universe, and for your modification of the armor. The weapon and the door are also very well done.

No story behind him? Hardly, that was quite a story. If I have any issues with it, it's only because the fall of the Empire is just evil rebel propaganda (and a bit of a pipe dream)! Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Turned out pretty cool. The backdrop looks even more extensive, especially with the flooring than your earlier one. Good luck on the repairs. As others mentioned, the new Stormie looks good. Nice upgrades.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Star Wars] What remains of the Empire  C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Ovy wrote:Nice one, I like how it's actually visible that the armor was white once.
When I read the story I actually heard the Moff theme from the Mandalorian in my head. As always I love how nuanced your politics are, never straight evil or good, but well, politics and society.
The backdrop looks very star warsy indeed, the door makes it. I wonder if you could turn for example your Puerto Rico Door of History into a Star Wars Diorama with small removable details, or the other way around .

Thanks Ovy, I've been watching the mandalorian too recently, it's why I've been putting together some star wars bashes. I try to not take sides with my story telling, that's up to the reader to determine who they feel identified with.
The historic door could be turned into a star wars one quite easily actually, I have plans to build some stuff for it once I managed to stop it from warping more.

GubernatorFan wrote:Another improvement on the old Kenner/Hasbro stuff. I like the color scheme, with the contrast between the lenses and some other features and the rest of the armor; also the weathering/scratching, like Ovy pointed out. The clothing also works nicely for the Star Wars universe, and for your modification of the armor. The weapon and the door are also very well done.

No story behind him? Hardly, that was quite a story. If I have any issues with it, it's only because the fall of the Empire is just evil rebel propaganda (and a bit of a pipe dream)! Wink

Thanks Gubernator, Hasbro stuff is my favorite stuff to work with tho sometimes I've seen myself tempted to get some of the more accurate stuff, perhaps for some other bashes later on.

Stryker2011 wrote:Turned out pretty cool. The backdrop looks even more extensive, especially with the flooring than your earlier one. Good luck on the repairs. As others mentioned, the new Stormie looks good. Nice upgrades.

Thanks Stryker, I think making the floor flat and the lines on it help it look bigger, it is actually about the same size as all the others.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Star Wars] What remains of the Empire  1f60e

Valiarde

Valiarde
I agree that the backdrop and flooring does look pretty here. MAkes figures pop out more than just presenting them in front of a white wall or sth.

Like your Star Wars bashes

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Valiarde wrote:I agree that the backdrop and flooring does look pretty here. MAkes figures pop out more than just presenting them in front of a white wall or sth.

Like your Star Wars bashes

Thanks Valiarde, I'm glad you like my star wars bashses.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed very cool, he looks great!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Indeed very cool, he looks great!

Thanks Bad Wolf!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Excellent figure and backdrop as always.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Excellent figure and backdrop as always.

Thanks ThePhotosBlog!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum