OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf. An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scalawag

scalawag
I have decided to post up some more details of what my Hasbro Black Series 6" figure collection consists of, and was debating on where to start with this Shocked

I have chosen my Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf as the jumping off point as these are some of my favourite figures and perhaps they may well be less well known, as they seem less popular as does the film.  I don't know why this should be the case really as I love the film and in particular some of the costuming from it which I think is great as it is both new but also adds to the Star Wars aesthetic rather than taking from it.

Anyway enough of my rambling opinions, and onto what you are all here for...  the pics Very Happy   Be warned that each of these threads may be a little long as I intend to picture each figure on the particular shelf featured.

So here is my Solo shelf as it currently stands.  I believe I have one of every figure that Hasbro has released from this movie so this is the least likely of my shelves to be added to in the future I think:
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_8514

Now, here is each figure on this shelf in alphabetical order using their name as it appears on the packaging.  These figures are all from the red backed package series, unless otherwise stated.  
I shall post just one pic of each figure here with series no., initial release wave/exclusive release details, and the year of release.
If you want to see more detail or to know more about a particular figure then please just ask and I will add more.  

For those who may be interested I find this website a great help in identifying Black Series figures, and keeping track of all the release details:  Actionfigure411.com

Chewbacca, Target Exclusive, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_8210

Dryden Vos, No. 79, wave 20, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_7910

Enfys Nest's Swoop Bike, Deluxe series No. D5, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_8414

Han Solo, No.62, wave 16, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_7911

Han Solo (Mimban), No.78, wave 20, 2019
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_2917

Imperial Patrol Trooper, No.72, wave 19, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_8010

L3-37, No.73 wave 19, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_7912

Lando Calrissian, No.65, wave 16, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_7913

Moloch, Target exclusive, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_8110

Qi' Ra (Corellia), No.66, wave 17, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_8111

Range Trooper, No.64, wave 16, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_8011

Rio Durant, No.77, wave 19, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_8112

Stormtrooper (Mimban), Walmart exclusive, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_8515

Tobias Beckett, No.68, wave 18, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_8113

Val (Vandor-1), No.71, wave 19, 2018
My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. Img_8012

Being from 2018 or later these figures all benefit from Hasbro's Photo Real Face Printing, so whilst some of the sculpts are not great likenesses they do look more realistic as a face than earlier Black Series figures.  The detailing and sculpt work on these figures is for the most part exceptional too, and I love 'em all!!!

Well folks, that is my Solo shelf of Black Series 6" figures covered (well done if you got this far lol! ).  

I will follow this up with other shelves from my Black Series collection in coming weeks, and of course will add posts on new figures as they arrive.  

If you have any suggestions on the format of these posts (my intention is to continue as I have done here), or requests for more in depth details on certain figures, or which shelf of mine you would like to see next them please do ask or comment here.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Paul

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's a cool idea and a useful presentation. I say keep going. Yes, in my opinion the film wasn't great (to put it kindly), but the figures are excellent. Of course I only got patrol troopers and mud troopers (and Qi'ra -- for the head), but they all look great.

scalawag

scalawag
GubernatorFan wrote:That's a cool idea and a useful presentation. I say keep going. Yes, in my opinion the film wasn't great (to put it kindly), but the figures are excellent. Of course I only got patrol troopers and mud troopers (and Qi'ra -- for the head), but they all look great.

I really like these figures, but probably wouldn't have collected them all except that I got many of the more common ones (at least 7) for less than £10 each all new in box and including postage. Qi' Ra was actually under £5 posted!!! No one seems to want to buy them, but they are for the most part great figures. Some of course command a big premium, The Mimban Stormtrooper probably being the most expensive figure here now, and the hardest to come by. But, once I had most of the figures from the film the completist in me kicked in and I hunted down the others. I didn't mind too much though, they are not all exceptional by any means, but there is not really a bad figure here either in my opinion.
Anyway, glad you like them. I will post some more shelves when I have time.

Paul

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The new paint app technique on these is a lot better than the old school stuff they used to put out. Not bad for how small these are.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Solo: A Star Wars Story shelf.  An introduction to my Black Series 6" figure collection. C8485110

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:The new paint app technique on these is a lot better than the old school stuff they used to put out. Not bad for how small these are.

Yep, the photo real face printing really lifts these to the point where with some they are really good likenesses, and all still for £20 a time generally.  
The head sculpt is as always still important too, and sometimes that can be quite a way off, and the printing then can't rescue the likeness.  That said a lot of the reissues in the newer Archive line just have the new printing on older head sculpts and look really good, so many a time the sculpt is there. Even when the sculpt lets down the likeness though the new printing still leaves a figure looking more 'human'.
You will definitely see the difference when I get round to posting some of the older figures as some of those are awful.
The printing technique they now use also benefits the creatures as well, as the eyes and mouths often get the treatments which again lifts them out of the ordinary. You can see that here with Chewy and Rio.  Hasbro have always done creatures pretty well and now they are stellar.

The size is a big benefit for me too, as they take up way less space to display than larger figures.  I can fit 4-5 of these in the shelf space used to display 1 1/6 scale figure, and of course you can have more shelves for the same height cabinet which pushes this even more.  Then there are the vehicles and creatures like Dewbacks which are very big in 1/6, almost to the point that they are unviable for most to display due the size.  
These Solo figures would need at least 2 more shelves to display in 1/6 if they were not to look too bunched up.  I am afraid I enjoy this scale a lot more than I ever did 1/6, even though it's not my primary collection, that is Lego Star Wars now!! There is just way more I can fit in and enjoy with this scale.

I currently have 103 black series figures I think, it's around that anyway with more on the way.  Even if I could afford that many larger figures I wouldn't have the space to display them all and I hate stuff being in boxes or packed away.

Paul

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum