OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well. It's official. Nanjin, who was the man behind the scenes who helped start ALL of the 1/6 figures with QMX (which ultimately screwed him over, and ended up dropping the ball -- with no official word on ANY of their lines), has started his own company and now has the 1/6 scale Action Figure license for all things Star Trek.

His site:

https://exo-6.com/

Story from his site:

"The founder's, Schubert Tam (a.k.a. Nanjin), story began over 50 years ago as a dedicated fan to Star Trek's The Original Series following Captain Kirk and Spock's journey through identity, friendship, philosophy, acceptance, during his teenage years, and further inspired by the attitudes from other characters such as Captain Picard’s leadership, and Chakotay’s sense of duty, and which shaped his work attitude in his career building years. Nanjin, like others in the decade, grew with the fans following Star Trek.

Star Trek Collectibles Story
In 2010, 1/6 scales figures began to gain momentum in pop merchandise because of its realistic figure approach. But no existing companies would pick up the Trek license, Nanjin began developing 1:6 realistic Star Trek action figures as a hobby. As time went by, he noticed the realism of these 1/6 Star Trek figures could actually remind him of who he wanted to be when he was young. He fell deeply in love with developing these treasurable Star Trek character memorabilia. Anticipating the need for his talent for Star Trek's 50th anniversary in 2016, he resigned from his 20 years career and dedicated his life time work experience and all available established network to create a secure and reliable production supply chain, and used his Star Trek geek knowledge in development hoping to bring the joy that he had with as many fellow Trek fans as possible. Since then, Nanjin's 1:6 scale Star Trek received exceptional acceptance among the collectors.

With all the new Treks in the air, and the events of 2020, Nanjin strongly believed only he can go deep and diverse with all 1/6 Trek series and create a line of 1/6 Star Trek figures that can consider as museum grade Star Trek Characters in 1/6 scale. He decided to obtain the Star Trek 1/6 license himself.

After numerous and difficult efforts, he obtained the Official World Wide 1:6 scale All Star Trek collectibles license for himself and creating EXO-6 /ˈeksəʊ -sɪks/. EXO-6 captures the soul of the Star Trek character, but also the actor embodiments.

But most importantly, EXO-6 is dedicated to producing the most accurate representation of Star Trek characters in 1:6 scale format. Developed by a true Star Trek geek, each character is inspected with expert Star Fleet precision. EXO-6 works with industry leading artisan sculptors to capture iconic likeness of each produced Star Trek character. EXO-6 is its own manufacturing establishment that was built from the ground up to only produce 1:6 scale Star Trek figures. Collectors can be involved more closely with the creation of the beloved Star Trek characters and trust that each EXO-6 character is examined to the highest degree of accuracy

More than 60% of EXO-6 productions will be done in-house. EXO-6 has direct control of all other sub-contract manufacturing. Minimizing 3rd party involvements, EXO-6 can pass along the savings from unnecessary expenditures to the collectors. Collectors can be involved more closely with the creation and embodiment of the beloved Star Trek characters. ALL Official Star Trek 1:6 scale worldwide license, in-house development, direct control of subcontract manufacturing, in-house production, are functioning together like a Defiant-Class Starship.

In addition to hiring talented creatives, EXO-6's collectibles are officially licensed by ViacomCBS for accuracy. Some of our selected characters are verified by the actors themselves for an incredible reflection of reality and fantasy.

COMING SOON...
Star Trek EXO-6 top in class hyper-realistic action figures can be yours
soon. Made with top artisan sculptors, each character represents both the soul and the
actor's embodiment of the character.

Transparency

At EXO-6, we are the sole manufacturer and producer for our products. Your search for
accurate and realistic collectibles will lead you back to us. Our workers treat each and every
release with the utmost care.

Highly Skilled Artisans

Our scale models are created by the top artisans in the industry. Each model is sculpted to
perfection one by one. All the collectibles are approved by ViacomCBS and evaluated by
the actors for authenticity.

Impeccable Quality

Each and every collectible is assembled with care and checked for quality at every stage."

Anyone who has been in this hobby long enough should be familiar with Nanjin's (username), and if you followed his often vague, sometimes confusing, stories in the wake of QMX's disastrous handling of their action figure license (Princess Bride, Supernatural, Justified -- which never happened, Firefly, and finally Star Trek), should take note of this new company.

Check out the first New Product thread posted today for Data (from the movie First Contact):

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3718-new-product-exo-6-star-trek-the-next-generation-first-contact-lieutenant-commander-data-1-6-action-figure#49240

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Teaser:

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin 16121610

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And I was just wondering what on earth happened to QMX and their line(s). This largely explains it. I'm glad there are more Star Trek characters in the making, and encouraged that the driving force behind them will be the same, even with a new company. I wish them luck and look forward to what they produce. I suspect that, as they inevitably have to tackle more secondary characters, they would have to strike a balance between price and fandom.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm glad to hear he's starting his own company/line. That's a relief, rather than everything being held permanently hostage by QMX. If only he could somehow rescue all the other lines that never got made (Firefly, Princess Bride, etc...).

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm glad to hear he's starting his own company/line. That's a relief, rather than everything being held permanently hostage by QMX. If only he could somehow rescue all the other lines that never got made (Firefly, Princess Bride, etc...).

That would be cool. I honestly don’t know how much vested interest he has in acquiring those licenses to be honest, though. He’s a devout Star Trek fan, and being a guy in his 60s is completely vested in seeing Trek figures (something he’s made customs of for a couple decades) come to fruition of other devoted fans. I think his involvement with those other licenses was only due to QMX getting them, and he was the one taking care of overseeing the manufacturing. He was, of course, equally bummed those licenses weren’t given their fair shake, but his commitment to them probably died when his relationship with QMX ended. The fact he was able to get the Trek license speaks volumes how easily QMX was willing to give it up, and how willing the licensor was willing to give it to someone with a passion and vested interest.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aww, yeah, of course, I don't blame him for focusing on Star Trek. I'm really happy to hear he got the licenses for it! Was just wistfully thinking... :')

shazzdan

shazzdan
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm glad to hear he's starting his own company/line. That's a relief, rather than everything being held permanently hostage by QMX. If only he could somehow rescue all the other lines that never got made (Firefly, Princess Bride, etc...).
They did Westley. He is standing on my shelf right now. I also have QMX's Spock, which is pretty good. Looking forward to seeing what Nanjin brings out next.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
shazzdan wrote:
They did Westley. He is standing on my shelf right now. I also have QMX's Spock, which is pretty good. Looking forward to seeing what Nanjin brings out next.

I know they did Westley, I just meant that they seem to have dropped the ball on the others (Inigo, Buttercup, etc). They also did Malcom Reynolds and then never bothered with the rest of the Serenity crew.

Talon65

Well, I hope he will revisit TOS and maybe give us Kirk, Spock and McCoy again. Or maybe a three figure set! I missed QMXs Kirk and Spock and didn't really want to grab McCoy without any chance of getting the other two.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Talon65 wrote:Well, I hope he will revisit TOS and maybe give us Kirk, Spock and McCoy again. Or maybe a three figure set!  I missed QMXs Kirk and Spock and didn't  really want to grab McCoy without any chance of getting the other two.

It’s my understanding that revisiting TOS is the plan, plus giving those of us who already have them, the rest of the main crew.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Thanks for the link! looks really interesting

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
New teaser image:

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin Fb797a10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks great, but I can't help but wish they'd be showing off characters Nanjin has not yet made. Although I suppose there is still a market for these.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's a new announcement I just received through email today:

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin 17415410

EXO-6 announces a new series of 1/6 scale Star Trek Captains articulated figures.
 Covering all Star Trek series and movies, this line features detailed, authentic likenesses and detailed Starfleet uniforms for every captain.  No captain will stand alone, either – each captain will have companion crew members  from each show following their own release schedule.

Today marks the 25th anniversary for #StarTrek #FirstContactDay ! Celebrate with our 1/6th scale Picard available for pre-order in May.
http://exo-6.com/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Certainly promising.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks good. I will be buying Data when it is available.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Looks good. I will be buying Data when it is available.

Dan, are you talking about First Contact Data, or series?

Be aware, for anyone interested in these, Nanjin has made comments to the effect that he is handling Trek VERY differently than most companies in that it sounds like — though it’s often hard to determine exactly, since he likes to be cryptic— that the runs on these figures will be closely tied to preorder numbers; I’m assuming that means that there will be very few “extras” unless retailers order more than what they get for actual PO. From a recent comment, the “important” characters will get made in larger numbers (specifically the Captains), and subsequent figures numbers will diminish as the popularity and PO numbers drop, which (sadly) will raise the cost of those figures. He’d like to keep the lines going, but, as with anything, as interest dies, so will each individual line.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Stryker, do you mean Nanjin/EXO-6 is going to do a series Data?!?!
I'm not keen on First Contact Data and would very much want a series Data to go with my recently purchased QMX Picard.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:Stryker, do you mean Nanjin/EXO-6 is going to do a series Data?!?!
I'm not keen on First Contact Data and would very much want a series Data to go with my recently purchased QMX Picard.

At some point, that is my understanding.

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
I guess I'm the opposite. Don't really care for TOS/TNG; same formula for each show - one starship, core crew, saves the galaxy and the Federation at all turns without as much as a promotion. DS9 was the best of the series IMHO - no spit and polish Federation starship or rules, dingy and barely working/broken space station filled with a motley sort of characters, and the covertly presence of the start of a full fledged war. Would like to see Sisko, Chief O'Brian, Dax, and Bashir finally get the recognition. Worf would probably be done for TNG.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
thegreatshaggy wrote:I guess I'm the opposite. Don't really care for TOS/TNG; same formula for each show - one starship, core crew, saves the galaxy and the Federation at all turns without as much as a promotion. DS9 was the best of the series IMHO - no spit and polish Federation starship or rules, dingy and barely working/broken space station filled with a motley sort of characters, and the covertly presence of the start of a full fledged war. Would like to see Sisko, Chief O'Brian, Dax, and Bashir finally get the recognition. Worf would probably be done for TNG.

Sisko will definitely get done, I'm sure, and Nanjin will go from there based on sales. If folks buy, secondary characters will get made. He said, that if the numbers go down for each character, costs will necessarily go up to compensate for higher production costs. Makes sense. I honestly wouldn't mind Chief O'Brian (because Colm Meaney), but the others from that series... meh, depends I guess. Same with Enterprise, I never could get even one episode into that. Took me a couple years to accept TNG, as I thought it was like watching a BBC/PBS drama -- boring as F. If I wanted to watch talking heads, I'd watch British television. ZZzzzzzz. I like TOS, cheesiness aside, because at least they DID stuff! Kirk slept with alien babes, beat the tar out of bad guys, the ship was always on the verge of falling apart or exploding. Until the Borg came on the scene in TNG, and they got that idiot kid off the bridge, I just couldn't get into it. I only watched DS9 here and there, and I didn't really care for it -- mainly because they stole the concept for the show from Babylon 5 (which had been shopped around to all the studios for several years before it finally went into production), the wife and I did, however, enjoy Voyager. But, I started to lose interest, as I do with every series that goes on too damn long near the last season, so by the time Enterprise rolled around, I was burned out on one too many ST spin-offs (something I'm afraid the scumbags at Disney are going to do with SW -- run it into the ground with over-inundation and ruin the entire experience.)

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
[quote="Stryker2011"]
thegreatshaggy wrote:But, I started to lose interest, as I do with every series that goes on too damn long near the last season, so by the time Enterprise rolled around, I was burned out on one too many ST spin-offs (something I'm afraid the scumbags at Disney are going to do with SW -- run it into the ground with over-inundation and ruin the entire experience.)

Oh man sore subject with me with Disney's Star Wars. I love the Mandalorian and thoroughly enjoyed both seasons. I'm looking forward to The Book of Boba Fett and will give Kenobi a chance (but since it's not being done by Jon/Dave not sure how's it might turn out). Ahsoka series yes since its being done by Jon as well as Rangers of the New Republic. Everything else...blah. If its not tying to what Jon/Dave is doing then forget it.

As for DS9, yes it did rip-off B5. Enterprise I really didn't care much for it and I heard some awful things about Discovery and Picard that I didn't even bother watching.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another preview of things to come.

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin Dc166510

csyeung

csyeung
oh nice, Saru looks really good there!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow. They look amazing. That will be a hard time for someones wallet Laughing Thanks for showing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum