OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

thegreatshaggy

[quote="Stryker2011"]
thegreatshaggy wrote:But, I started to lose interest, as I do with every series that goes on too damn long near the last season, so by the time Enterprise rolled around, I was burned out on one too many ST spin-offs (something I'm afraid the scumbags at Disney are going to do with SW -- run it into the ground with over-inundation and ruin the entire experience.)

Oh man sore subject with me with Disney's Star Wars. I love the Mandalorian and thoroughly enjoyed both seasons. I'm looking forward to The Book of Boba Fett and will give Kenobi a chance (but since it's not being done by Jon/Dave not sure how's it might turn out). Ahsoka series yes since its being done by Jon as well as Rangers of the New Republic. Everything else...blah. If its not tying to what Jon/Dave is doing then forget it.

As for DS9, yes it did rip-off B5. Enterprise I really didn't care much for it and I heard some awful things about Discovery and Picard that I didn't even bother watching.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Another preview of things to come.

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin - Page 2 Dc166510

csyeung

oh nice, Saru looks really good there!

Ephiane

Wow. They look amazing. That will be a hard time for someones wallet Laughing Thanks for showing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Exo-6 crosses over to the Mirror Universe. PO begins on Thursday:

https://blog.trekcore.com/2021/11/exo6-star-trek-mirror-spock-figure-announcement/

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin - Page 2 00218c10
Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin - Page 2 Eeb40410
Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin - Page 2 Ece9d210

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin - Page 2 C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, nice one, combining cheese and realism. And so many hands!

When I look at Mirror Spock and his evil beard, then in the mirror, I like to imagine that somewhere in another universe there is a shaved, good version of myself.😇

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks excellent, but (and I say this being fairly clueless about Star Trek), aren't there a ton more important characters to be made in the non-mirror universe?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:It looks excellent, but (and I say this being fairly clueless about Star Trek), aren't there a ton more important characters to be made in the non-mirror universe?

According to Nanjin, each series has its own team of people working simultaneously on their respective series, and the Mirror Universe actually spans pretty much every series, so it has its own team as well. Interestingly, Schubert (Nanjin’s real first name) hired people who were/are considered “unhireable”/undesirable by other places (they have disabilities/handicaps).

Due to how QMX handled Star Trek (and their other franchises: Firefly, Princess Bride, & Supernatural — all of which he oversaw at the factory level), he didn’t want to jump into the original series by doing what has already been done before — but he will eventually redo them all (from TOS), including (supposedly) from the movies — which movies remains to be seen. There are plenty of people who want The Wrath of Khan (obviously), but some want The Motion Picture, and even The Undiscovered Country (the last movie with the original crew).

He has some pretty ambitious plans, and as a lifelong Star Trek fan, I’m excited (but also aware that it would be impossible to get them all, or even if they all get produced). He’s also at the mercy of the Studio, who has to approve stuff before he’s allowed to show it. He’s already at the “post studio approval”/production stage underway by the time he reveals these things, as he doesn’t want to do what all the other companies do in this hobby (ie, show a prototype then spend the next 6 months to 2 years making the figures; he wants there to be a shorter window between reveal to final product). Janeway, for example is already in the hands of many collectors who ordered direct from Exo-6 (something I didn’t do, because of shipping costs, but I did do for the Doctor/Emergency Medical Hologram — though that isn’t ready to be shipped yet). By the way, Janeway went up for PO late August, and less than 4 months later is already going out to collectors — in this hobby, that is insane to see.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the in-depth perspective. I do hope we get to see a lot more from Exo-6, and all the main characters from the various crews.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:Haha, nice one, combining cheese and realism. And so many hands!

When I look at Mirror Spock and his evil beard, then in the mirror, I like to imagine that somewhere in another universe there is a shaved, good version of myself.😇

Laughing Laughing Laughing

The figure itself does look pretty good though!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another tease going up for PO soon.

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin - Page 2 Q10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Even I know this guy. Cool. I guess they are really set on interspersing lead and secondary characters. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Even I know this guy. Cool. I guess they are really set on interspersing lead and secondary characters. Smile

Yes, indeed. Nanjin is one committed Star Trek fan, and he really wants to give like-minded fans the same enjoyment.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for all the news.
I watched a part of dicovery, because i was intretsted in the slim Alien Crew member. I love him. But i prefere the older klingons. Not the retro ones. Laughing . The klingons in the picard timeline.
I want a klingon !

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Thanks for all the news.
I watched a part of dicovery, because i was intretsted in the slim Alien Crew member. I love him. But i prefere the older klingons. Not the retro ones. Laughing . The klingons in the picard timeline.
I want a klingon !

Worf will come for sure. I’m hoping we can also get Christopher Plummer from ST6.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin - Page 2 Scree881

davidd

davidd
Bearded Bones would make kind of a cool Captain Nemo type character.

The Older-Than-On-TV but Doesn't-Look-Craggy-And-Ancient Spock might be a fun fig to add to a collection.

And Kirk from that era would make an excellent TJ Hooker kitbash, although that would just be an excuse for putting together a Heather Locklear fig.
Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Be forewarned— the ST Motion Picture figures are going to be super limited (according to Nanjin). I just hope that at some point we get Ilia to go with these guys.

Diana

Diana
My collection definitely needs a classic Spock. I'd prefer the younger Spock with the old uniform, but this will do. Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another tease from Nanjin.

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin - Page 2 Ec518e10

Diana

Diana
Ooph! Laughing

That head sculpt is stunning! Very Happy

blackpool

blackpool
davidd wrote:
And Kirk from that era would make an excellent TJ Hooker kitbash, although that would just be an excuse for putting together a Heather Locklear fig.
Wink

That is such a great idea!!! Who's going for Hooker and his partners Romano and Sheridan?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This goes up tomorrow for PO:

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin - Page 2 C28d9610

BAMComix

BAMComix
cool figure!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another tease from Nanjin. B’Elanna Torres and Harry Kim look to be next in the Voyager line:

Exo-6 -- New 1/6 scale Star Trek Company from Nanjin - Page 2 0a6fcc10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad to see them going strong (fingers crossed) and continuing with the steady output of product.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Indeed. After those two there are only 2 main crew left for Voyager. There’s a couple alien species he’s talked about from that series as well, but who knows if he’ll get around to them. Still waiting on the Borg Alcove for Seven (and other Borg can use it as well).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum