OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Colonial Marine

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Colonial Marine Empty Colonial Marine Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 11:35

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Hey folks,

Here's an experiment I've been muddling around in my head with for awhile, I finally executed it the other day.

Colonial Marine 50983867077_01ea3766d8_c

I reworked his plastic web gear using ribbon, adding some to his weapon, helmet (which also got a paper clip microphone) and equipment also.

His pouches were covered in hockey tape and hung with ribbon loops. Also made a custom hanger for his welding tool.
Colonial Marine 50993480291_1dbb516088_c

More hockey tape was utilized for his wrist cuff, and around the knife and bits 'n bobs on his suspender straps.

I had to repair his arm with a new pin, then repainted his fleshtone.
Colonial Marine 50992798053_9e9e5e78e4_c

I also gave him a haircut go give his helmet a better, lower fit.
Colonial Marine 50993496326_b52cf3d2ed_c

Looks a little scary under close magnification like the above picture, but it looks okay when it's at a distance.

Or in a dark oven.

I'll most likely be repeating this upgrade with the other marines I have, so stay tuned.

2Colonial Marine Empty Re: Colonial Marine Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 13:14

Karotte

Great job on the equipment!

3Colonial Marine Empty Re: Colonial Marine Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 13:18

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Karotte wrote:Great job on the equipment!

Thanks a lot! It's great what a little ribbon and glue can accomplish.

4Colonial Marine Empty Re: Colonial Marine Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 16:53

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The poor guy is screaming from the pain of all this surgery. First the arm, then the skull! He can put up with a lot. As can you. And bonus points for the hockey tape.

5Colonial Marine Empty Re: Colonial Marine Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 7:01

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
GubernatorFan wrote:The poor guy is screaming from the pain of all this surgery. First the arm, then the skull! He can put up with a lot. As can you. And bonus points for the hockey tape.

Haha thanks man, I never really used to enjoy haircuts either. I'm definitely gonna need to stock up on more ribbon for the rest of my marines though!

6Colonial Marine Empty Re: Colonial Marine Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 13:36

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice! That hockey tape sure does come in handy. Impressive surgery on such a small figure. Kudos.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Colonial Marine C8485110

7Colonial Marine Empty Re: Colonial Marine Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 13:41

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice! That hockey tape sure does come in handy. Impressive surgery on such a small figure. Kudos.

Thanks a lot Mark, appreciate it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum