OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WANDAVISION THE SCARLET WITCH 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I must have imagined it. Are you sure? Because I debated getting this one's head sculpt (parted out) thinking I might want to hold off for the one actually designed to have swappable hair and removable diadem.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

csyeung

GubernatorFan wrote:I must have imagined it. Are you sure? Because I debated getting this one's head sculpt (parted out) thinking I might want to hold off for the one actually designed to have swappable hair and removable diadem.

This one right?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5724-new-prouct-hot-toys-doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-1-6th-scale-the-scarlet-witch-collectible-figure-deluxe-version?highlight=multiverse+of+madness

PS I think the tiara should be easily removed. I've seen someone remove the tiara on this version already. Only thing is there are holes in the hairsculpt where it attaches, but that isn't important if you are re-rooting it.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
csyeung wrote:This one right?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5724-new-prouct-hot-toys-doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-1-6th-scale-the-scarlet-witch-collectible-figure-deluxe-version?highlight=multiverse+of+madness

PS I think the tiara should be easily removed. I've seen someone remove the tiara on this version already. Only thing is there are holes in the hairsculpt where it attaches, but that isn't important if you are re-rooting it.
Maybe I was thinking of this. And mis-remembered the part about the second alternative hair sculpt being "real" hair. Yes, I agree, from what I've seen of mine (haven't modified it yet), it should be possible to pry off the hair and the tiara of the current sculpt.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Zurdoz

GubernatorFan wrote:Not the easiest of swaps, but nice to see it is doable.

Yep, the outfit seems a bit tricky to manipulate, but glad the option is there.

Found another cool swap (from FB) that uses a Jiaou Doll JOQ-16D body, albeit recolored:

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WANDAVISION THE SCARLET WITCH 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 Div73To

csyeung wrote:Thanks for the posting the body swap Zurdoz. Looks like a bit of work hehe. I got mine recently too but haven't had time to unbox yet.

Welcome! It does seem like a bit of tedious work lol Though speaking for myself I actually like how it comes stock; I don’t mind the exposed joints at all and typically prefer them. Though no denying the seamless look enhances the figure.

Hahaha I haven’t unboxed mine yet either, so many figures, so little time Laughing

Stryker2012 wrote:The body swap definitely helps. I regret not getting this in that it probably has the best Elizabeth likeness, and I see that it looks like it would be pretty easy to get rid of the sculpted hair and replace it with real.

Agree, this looks like HT’s best attempt at EO’s likeness from what we have so far. Also, based on photos/reviews it’s looking like this is the best of the SW’s out there, in my opinion.

csyeung wrote:I think you're thinking of the Doctor Strange 2 version. She has swappable hair styles but both are sculpted.

Yes! I’m looking forward to the Multiverse of Madness version too!!! Very Happy

Curious to see how this WV compares to the MOM!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:The body swap definitely helps. I regret not getting this in that it probably has the best Elizabeth likeness, and I see that it looks like it would be pretty easy to get rid of the sculpted hair and replace it with real.

csyeung wrote:

I heated the head today and eventually got to work on it, prying off the hairpiece and (with it) the tiara. It took quite a bit of effort, but ended up a clean and successful job in the end. I put it back together and took some photos of the original look, the look without tiara, and the look without hair. Also note the protruding portion at the back of the head which would have to be scalped down a bit. Some filling up of the exposed head surface would be advisable before starting a rehair.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WANDAVISION THE SCARLET WITCH 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 Wcw0110
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WANDAVISION THE SCARLET WITCH 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 Wsw0210

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:I heated the head today and eventually got to work on it, prying off the hairpiece and (with it) the tiara. It took quite a bit of effort, but ended up a clean and successful job in the end. I put it back together and took some photos of the original look, the look without tiara, and the look without hair. Also note the protruding portion at the back of the head which would have to be scalped down a bit. Some filling up of the exposed head surface would be advisable before starting a rehair.

[EDIT: images in original post above]

Very cool! Looking forward to the finished product!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Very cool! Looking forward to the finished product!
Thanks Craig, hope it turns out well.
It was cool getting this far without major problems. Looks like she would look cute even with shorter hair, although I would probably try to replicate the original look.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Very cool.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WANDAVISION THE SCARLET WITCH 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 1f10

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Good work and thank you for sharing! Brave of you (and all) to go through with more extensive mods. It’s fascinating getting to know how these figures are put together by breaking them down into their components. Cool to see all of the inside hair is fully sculpted. Even seeing the sculpt by itself without the hair I think the likeness is very strong.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is indeed.

Cisco Von Drackenn

Cisco Von Drackenn
Zurdoz wrote:I’ve received my WV Scarlet Witch not too long ago Very Happy My first Scarlet Witch evarrr!!! Very Happy  So happy to have her!!!!

I found a helpful reference (from Facebook) for a body swap, for those who wish to:

Wonton Wanda

Many have done it already, but I'm hoping some will still find this helpful after taking pics of each step. You don't necessarily have to go in the same order I did.

Recommended items: Picking tool, tweezers (silicone-tipped), talcum powder, Saran wrap, Dremmel, plumber's tape

1) Check for defects, scuffs, damage before attempting this

2) Remove head, hands, and shoes

3) Angle arms up to a "T" pose to make it easier to pop them off at the shoulders

4) Remove rear "skirt" via Velcro strips from the belt

5) Release belt from tunic (small glued in peg in the front) then slide up over the top of the torso

6) Cut stitch in the back connecting the tunic to the pants

7) Disconnect upper torso from lower body, this will make it much easier to remove the tunic

8 )Slide the boots off along with the pants

9) Slide the sleeves off the arms

--CHOOSING A BODY--

I compared the two most popular choices, the S23B and the S47B.

The 23B has the larger bust which makes the swap harder, but has slim wrists and more muscle definition in the arms.

The S47B has a smaller bust that is easier to work with but is a bit too tall and has wider wrists.

1) Putting the suit back on is intuitive BUT challenging. Bring the arms up and cross them to reduce their width as much as possible.

2) Slide the tunic CAREFULLY over the shoulders. Take your time. The material is stiff, but can stretch if you are patient.

3) Be mindful not to put too much tension on the side seams. Alternate tugging on the left and right sides so that not one side gets overstretched.

4) The belt might need a small dab of fabric or super glue to secure the peg back onto the tunic.

5) Sliding the sleeves and pants on are relatively easy, it just takes some patience

6) Now for the shoes...you can find a comparable pair of platforms OR Dremmel the stock ones to wide the hole to allow for the Phicen metal ankle peg if you dare

The boots prevent must articulation anyway despite the split-cut design, so I just needed them to stay on for simple poses, but do what you're comfortable with.

7) Because of the LED function on the stock body, the wrist pegs are larger than normal for a female body, so you might want to wrap the Phicen wrist pegs with some plumber's tape for a tighter fit. You can do the same for the head.

8 )Even suntan Phicens are pretty pale so if you have access to a powder set, use a couple of light coats of a bronzer to darken up the neck and shoulders to better match the head. Terry and Bjay are the masters, so I defer to them for any questions. I used a couple of different tones to also bring out the muscle definition on the arms a bit more.

The sculpted hair looks good but REALLY limits articulation. Soooo, I'll need Tina to work her dark magic one more time.

Plus here’s a comprehensive YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcp0PJoVETY

And here’s what the production head sculpt looks like without the tiara (from Reddit):

Has anyone tried this with any of the Black Widows? (Endgame maybe?) Question

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Cisco Von Drackenn wrote:
Has anyone tried this with any of the Black Widows? (Endgame maybe?) Question

I remember this body swapped EG BW with an S23B body (from FB):

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WANDAVISION THE SCARLET WITCH 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 EIr49Dk

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WANDAVISION THE SCARLET WITCH 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 CsFTXTs

csyeung

csyeung
Here's a quick pic of scarlet beside the two widows. Interestingly, she's quite a bit taller than the other two.
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WANDAVISION THE SCARLET WITCH 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 Dsc06710

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
csyeung wrote:Here's a quick pic of scarlet beside the two widows. Interestingly, she's quite a bit taller than the other two.

The nomenclature momentarily confused me, because you've actually got three Scarlets: two Johansson's, and one Witch Smile but it's a great and useful picture.  If you go by IMDB, Johansson is 5'3" and Elizabeth Olsen is 5'6" so the height differential would make sense -- except that I think maybe Johansson is shot/angled to seem taller on film, especially when she is Black Widow.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
csyeung wrote:Here's a quick pic of scarlet beside the two widows. Interestingly, she's quite a bit taller than the other two.

The nomenclature momentarily confused me, because you've actually got three Scarlets: two Johansson's, and one Witch Smile but it's a great and useful picture.  If you go by IMDB, Johansson is 5'3" and Elizabeth Olsen is 5'6" so the height differential would make sense -- except that I think maybe Johansson is shot/angled to seem taller on film, especially when she is Black Widow.
Yelena (far left) is not actually a Scarlet anything but a Pugh. Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

Yelena (far left) is not actually a Scarlet anything but a Pugh. Smile

Oh yea, quite right, thanks for the correction.  I never noticed it before, but possibly the figure of Pugh carries more facial similarity to Johansson than the actresses have themselves in real life or the film - enough to throw me off.

For purposes of the original comment, per IMDB Pugh is 5′ 3¾″ so the height differentials hold.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Good work swapping the body out.
I need to pick this figure up, as i own the two Vision figures (white and standard).
Not sure i will swap the body out, and will probably use the supplied cape to hide the ugly shoulder seams.

For the moment i am hunting around for the best price on the Hot Toys - The Scarlet Witch

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Zurdoz

Zurdoz

Nice pic and thanks for the comparisons! Smile (I still haven’t opened up mine yet lol)

Yeah I think they did a good job scaling her up a bit since I gathered the consensus is that HT  usually makes most of the female figures smaller. (But again, I think they’re doing better, such as this SW, Wasp, Nebula, BOP HQ for example.) Interestingly, I bought a parted out loose unclothed body from one of the part out sites, and yep it is a bit bigger compared to some of their other female bodies.

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the info guys, I didn't realize that Elizabeth Olsen was taller than Scarlett Johansson and Florence Pugh. I think it was more notable cause the two widows have tighter hairstyles and Scarlet Witch has more volume in hers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum