OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:04 am

Diana

The announcements have definitely gone down, but I think it's more accurate to say that they were unusually frequent last year. It was hard to keep up (financially). They don't seem to have a fixed schedule. It's more like they focus their resources on one thing and then another.

77General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed May 05, 2021 6:02 am

skywalkersaga

Xavion2004 -- you're absolutely right that there's not quite enough readily available accessories and outfits available at this point compared to 1/6 scale, and that this does make kitbashing 1/12 scale tbleague figures much more difficult. (Female shoes and boots are especially harder to come by, it seems.)

That said, I don't know if you've had a look on Etsy, but there is sometimes some custom clothing specifically made for 1/12 tbleagues on there. It's probably more modern/feminine/dressy type stuff than action-y tbleague style clothing, but I thought I'd mention in case.

As for the head size, I'm not as bothered by oversized heads as some, maybe it's my doll background, lol. Either way, it's a gorgeous head and looks great on the pale body. : )

78General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:01 am

tanuki

Hey guys, I came here after starting my 1/12 journey with figma Emily (which in my opinion isn't that good for kitbashing since she's quite small). I am interested in getting a T03A since it's the only one with medium breasts but I don't really like realistic headsculpts. I'm open to modifying my current Emily's head but I just want to ask about compatibility with various heads.

I did read somewhere a Frame Arms Girl head could fit with some adjustments (it's drilling a wider hole for the peg) but I just really want to know how well some head fits TBLeague bodies since my budget is kinda limited. Anyway, I actually made an account just to ask this since I'm new to this kind of hobby, so I hope I'm comfortable here Very Happy

79General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:04 am

Diana

tanuki wrote:Hey guys, I came here after starting my 1/12 journey with figma Emily (which in my opinion isn't that good for kitbashing since she's quite small). I am interested in getting a T03A since it's the only one with medium breasts but I don't really like realistic headsculpts. I'm open to modifying my current Emily's head but I just want to ask about compatibility with various heads.

I did read somewhere a Frame Arms Girl head could fit with some adjustments (it's drilling a wider hole for the peg) but I just really want to know how well some head fits TBLeague bodies since my budget is kinda limited. Anyway, I actually made an account just to ask this since I'm new to this kind of hobby, so I hope I'm comfortable here Very Happy
Welcome tanuki! Very Happy

I can not speak from experience as I lean towards the realistic heads, but maybe the Iminitoys heads would work? I only saw one photo of them on a TBL body and the heads were sitting a little high... Maybe that can be rectified?

Sorry I can't give any more reassuring advice. Neutral

80General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:03 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Tanuki, you can take a look at my reviews of the male and second female 1:12 seamless figures by TBLeague for some options, though not very many. They are in this section of the forum.

81General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:08 am

tanuki

tanuki
Hi guys, especially Diana and Gubernator, after all my research I went with a Megami Device head since the neck socket looks like it could fit with a bit of dremel. But the bad news is I can't find a T03A body locally now since it just so happen it's sold out after I have enough money Crying or Very sad I do find some listing on aliexpress, is it a viable option to buy there? Or at least any recommendation of where to buy, and preferably asia-based since location.

82General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:14 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I think Giantoy would be your best bet. I’m not sure why the term “pre-order” is included in the link because they’re in stock. They ship out of China and my most recent purchase from them is making it’s way through the states less than two weeks after I placed the order which is much faster than what I’ve seen from other vendors in Asia.

https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order-1-12-tbleague-female-seamless-body-phmb2019-t03?_pos=1&_sid=54f263ac1&_ss=r

83General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:04 pm

tanuki

tanuki
Oh sorry I forgot to mention Xavion, I'm asia-based, that's why I asked if it's okay if I can buy it on aliexpress Razz

84General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:06 am

tanuki

tanuki
Hi, I just got my T03A and I'll probably need some blutacks for the Megami Device head lol, otherwise it looks good proportionally. I'm both relieved and surprised lol.

pics:

85General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:48 am

Diana

Diana
Blutack to the rescue! Very Happy

She looks really good! Smile

86General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:59 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Very nice, Tanuki! Where did you order the body from that it arrived so quickly? Did you use Aliexpress?

87General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:47 pm

tanuki

tanuki
I bought it locally Xavion. And yeah, I ran out of money and it's still in lockdown so I can't do any modification since I want to borrow a friend's airbrush for the hair lol

88General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:24 pm

davidd

davidd
Some of the guys on another 1/6 forum have been wading in to the 1/12 waters, which of course makes the allure of the smaller scale even more alluring. Being of weak will and simple mind, of course I succumbed to the peer pressure. Currently on the way (via BigBadToyStore and Monkey Depot):

TBLeague Sariah aka Red Bikini Battle Babe
TBLeague Death Dealer aka Molly Hatchet Dude
TBLeague Silver Valkyrie Tariah aka Fur Bikini Opera Babe

89General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:03 am

Diana

Diana
davidd wrote:Some of the guys on another 1/6 forum have been wading in to the 1/12 waters, which of course makes the allure of the smaller scale even more alluring. Being of weak will and simple mind, of course I succumbed to the peer pressure. Currently on the way (via BigBadToyStore and Monkey Depot):

LOL, Yaaaaay!!!! Good choices all around! Though there really aren't any bad choices when it comes to 1/12 TBL... I haven't regretted any of my purchases. Except maybe Purgatori, but only because she just doesn't fit in with the others. My excuse for keeping her is that should I ever want to draw wings she'll help out as reference. ^^

90General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:27 am

davidd

davidd
Diana wrote:
davidd wrote:Some of the guys on another 1/6 forum have been wading in to the 1/12 waters, which of course makes the allure of the smaller scale even more alluring. Being of weak will and simple mind, of course I succumbed to the peer pressure. Currently on the way (via BigBadToyStore and Monkey Depot):

LOL, Yaaaaay!!!! Good choices all around! Though there really aren't any bad choices when it comes to 1/12 TBL... I haven't regretted any of my purchases. Except maybe Purgatori, but only because she just doesn't fit in with the others. My excuse for keeping her is that should I ever want to draw wings she'll help out as reference. ^^

I loooove my 1/12 Purgatori! Or Purgatoris... I love them so much I got two! There's something about them that strikes me as funny! They were actually my "gateway" in to 1/12 figures! I set them around the house in different places, like a demonic little Elf on the Shelf!

I currently only have the two Purgatoris and a Vampirella (who is also awesome). I have another Vampi on pre-order. Once everything that's on order arrives, I guess I'll have seven of the little critters scampering around!

91General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:39 pm

Diana

Diana
davidd wrote:
Diana wrote:

I loooove my 1/12 Purgatori! Or Purgatoris... I love them so much I got two! There's something about them that strikes me as funny! They were actually my "gateway" in to 1/12 figures! I set them around the house in different places, like a demonic little Elf on the Shelf!

I currently only have the two Purgatoris and a Vampirella (who is also awesome). I have another Vampi on pre-order. Once everything that's on order arrives, I guess I'll have seven of the little critters scampering around!
Ya know,... Tariah looks even better with Skarah next to her. Twisted Evil

I like the idea of those Purgis lurking around the house. Laughing

92General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:53 pm

davidd

davidd
Diana wrote:
Ya know,... Tariah looks even better with Skarah next to her. Twisted Evil

Indeed, I had noticed what a fine pairing that would be. Sadly, Skarah appears to be pretty well sold out, at least at reasonably priced vendors! Sad

93General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:39 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
It’s funny how 1/12 was my gateway back into this world. I was SO into it (as you can probably tell from my posts), but then the 1/12 announcements and releases dried up, I bought my first 1/6 figure in 15 years, and that was the end of that.

I had rounded up pretty much all of the 1/12 TB League ladies, as well as Villa, but now I’m actually thinking of selling a few of them off. I will definitely keep Skarah, Tariah, Arhian (City of Horrors), and Vampirella. It’s probably not a co-incidence that those are the first four I bought. I’ll have to take a good look at some of the others.

94General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:04 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
It’s funny. I was just thinking yesterday how I had originally intended for my 1/6 collection to be full of TBLeague warrior women, but after my first two purchases (Spartan Commander Black and Golden), everything else has been modern (video games, anime, movies, comics, military, etc.). Meanwhile, I expected my 1/12 collection to go in the opposite direction, but most of my favorite 1/12 figures are…warrior women. Then today, TBLeague drops six 1/12 Imperial Guardians on us. I think it’s a sign. Laughing

95General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So modern 1:6 and fantasy female warrior 1:12 for you then? Smile

96General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:56 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:So modern 1:6 and fantasy female warrior 1:12 for you then? Smile

That's how it's working out for me, as well: sci-fi/fantasy in 1:12 – Vampi, Death Dealer (Frazetta theme muchly?), Sariah, Tariah, and Purgatori. And now a deposit on those Imperial Guardians!

97General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:18 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Yeah, that seems to be how it’s working out, although I won’t rule out a little crossover here and there.

98General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:17 am

Diana

Diana
I'm so torn about this newest release! I wish they'd announced them all together, but with the release dates spread out a little. Like... a monthly subscription? Laughing

And I really want to show them that I love the direction they are going with these! If I don't go for the set, will they think I didn't like the other three and not do this again?

It really is my obligation to get all six, no? Very Happy

I can't imagine a Spartan Army Commander set not being in the pipeline though... I should save up... RIDICULOUS! affraid

99General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:07 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered the 1/12 Vampirella, which will be my entree into this scale after being a vehement 1/6 purist. I've also pre-ordered two of the new Imperial Guardians with an eye on two more if I like the first two. And then... Sonja or Sariah, decisions, decisions... Death Dealer also looks interesting...

Curse you all for getting me interested in 1/12! Very Happy

100General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:10 am

davidd

davidd
GeeWillikers wrote:Well I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered the 1/12 Vampirella....

Congratulations on succumbing to peer pressure! I have little doubt you will love the Vampirella figure! I have... ermmm... two of them. It's so cool I wanted to be sure to have a backup in case the first one gets damaged.

I recently got the Molly Hatchet Dude... I mean, the Death Dealer. Because, y'know, Frazetta-illustrated Vampi needed a Frazetta-illustrated friend! And, yeah, I have a Sariah. It was a tough choice between Sariah and Sonja, but I preferred the one without the scars. And Sariah's skull armor is pretty boss!

I have a pre-order in for some Embarassed Imperial Guardians as well.

Just think, though: an entire diorama can fit in the space of a shoe box! Razz

101General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:01 am

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:Well I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered the 1/12 Vampirella, which will be my entree into this scale after being a vehement 1/6 purist. I've also pre-ordered two of the new Imperial Guardians with an eye on two more if I like the first two. And then... Sonja or Sariah, decisions, decisions... Death Dealer also looks interesting...

Curse you all for getting me interested in 1/12! Very Happy
YAY!!!! Welcome to the fold! cheers

I was considering giving Sariah and/or Sonja into a new home, but it seems I'm not quite willing to part with them. ^^
Good choices all around!

Which Guardians did you order? bounce

102General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:24 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Vampirella or Sonja (both pre-teen crushes of mine since the 1970s) have had me wavering over the 'buy' buttons for some time as it was, especially as I don't own full sets of either in 1/6. While I'm not as sure about Sonja in this scale, Vampi does indeed look like she works even better in this scale than she does in 1/6. Sariah looks like a decent Sonja alternative, plus: more skulls. Smile

I could still also get Sonja for the outfit and mix and match with Sariah. Maybe use that bloodied Sonja body for one of Vampi's victims...

Diana wrote:Which Guardians did you order? bounce

Yellow and Blue to start with as they seem the most distinctive, possibly with Red and Gold to follow.

Vampi needs a pair of 'opposites' to parry with, so blondie and ginger seem ideal (if they hold up to the promo shots of course). Yellow/Blonde because, well there has to be a blonde, and so far I'm not thrilled with any of TBL's other 1/12 blondes. Blue/Ginger looks quite cute, the rookie of the squad, and the copper hair is a nice change from the usual regulation TBL Fire-engine Red.

Death Dealer. Well there's got to be a guy, and he looks impressive. And who can argue with Molly Hatchet.  Smile

I'm probably going to limit myself to just a few 1/12 sets (famous last words) because I still have a few qualms that are purely down to limits of the scale (such as limited articulation and detail), but I'm willing to be impressed. We'll see how Vampi And The Imperial Guardians fare (first single, 'These Boots Are Made For Walking' out this September on Demise Records).

But then there are also advantages to this scale over 1/6: easier storage, and dioramas/sets are easier to come by (if not necessarily build) in 1/12.

It's The Beginning Of A Great Adventure, as Lou Reed once wrote. About parenting...

103General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:49 am

Diana

Diana
Laughing

Funny. Gold and Silver were my first picks. Blue and Red my last. ^^
Black is the only one with bangs. I wonder, what the red dress would look like with the red armor...
The Ginger/Blue does look cute. Her sculpt reminds me of Tariah. Same softness. I wonder how similar the hair color is to that of Sonja.

Those advantages you list are the reason why I have rarely resisted buying the TBL 1/12 (female) sets. I only skipped Vampi and Arhian, despite the fact that Vampi does look fantastic! I just don't have a connection to the material, and considering that, the costume is a little too skimpy for my taste. I'd love to have that head though... *sigh*

YES! Less storage. Less money. BIG factors. Very Happy
And tons of dioramas and doll house stuff out there... Not so much something I care about, but if it lures you in I'll gladly mention it. Smile

104General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:22 pm

davidd

davidd

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion - Page 4 51370255497_485fff5fbe
Resistance is Futile, puny mortal!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum