OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:26 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I thought I’d start a general topic for TBLeague 1/12 figures so that I don’t feel like I’m hijacking everyone else’s threads with my babbling.   Very Happy

So, to kick things off, are there any previously released or upcoming 1/6 TBLeague figures you would like to see in 1/12?  I believe that every 1/12 release so far was preceded by a 1/6 counterpart, so I would expect that to continue.

Since they’ve been hitting the AHR properties pretty hard, I’m thinking we might see Narama Huntress of Men next.  She’s also Arkhalla’s arch nemesis:

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion 530726-B6-96-ED-41-FE-AFC1-2-A53-AEC0085-D

A couple of others I wouldn’t mind seeing are Shi, Nancy in Hell, and Lady Death although I’m not sure where things stand with the rights to Lady Death with Loosecollector and Executive Replicas releasing a more traditional 6” to 7” version.

Having said that, a lot of TBLeague’s generic/unlicensed figures would probably fit in better with what we have, but just about all of the 1/12 releases have been licensed properties.

Any thoughts?

2General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think you may be right -- why not Narama? She would make sense, fit in, and might possibly work even better in the 1/12 scale.

3General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:36 pm

davidd

davidd
I'd like to see a re-release of Purgatori in 1/12. The secondary market prices have quickly become absurd, double or often triple the original release price as soon as the original run sold out.

I see pre-orders for another release of 1/12 Vampirella. I'm tempted to purchase a few to stash away for a few months. It doesn't even take years anymore for secondary market prices to skyrocket to insane levels.

4General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:15 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I was able to get a 1/12 Purgatori from Amazon Japan last week for around 108 USD shipped.  I know that’s a lot more than it would have cost me when she first came out, but given the prices I was seeing everywhere else, I thought that wasn’t bad.  She’s actually scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

This was a third party Japanese seller fulfilled by Amazon Japan and they only had one in stock.  I had to do some digging to find her.  The actual description was:

“AC TBLeague 1/12 Women's Anime Game Character Movie Witch Action Figure Head Body Clothing Shoes Accessories Wings Weapons Tools Full Set”  Laughing

But, yeah...I think they could definitely sell through another production run.

5General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:05 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Narama does look interesting. I guess she would fit with my other figures. But it's getting a bit out of hand. My original intent was to get two figures to crew my boat. Now I've already got four, and you're showing me this. This forum has a bad influence on me.

Xavion, shouldn't your title be 1/12 fan?

6General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:29 am

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:I think you may be right -- why not Narama? She would make sense, fit in, and might possibly work even better in the 1/12 scale.
I agree with that assessment.

I wasn't too keen on the 1/6 version. Can't point my finger at why. But I'm sure she'd work well in 1/12 and she would fit in with the other releases.

My all-time favourites are still Painkiller Jane and Nancy, though I don't know whether I'd allow myself to spend money on getting a smaller version of figures I already have. For Nancy they'd have to transfer the S29 body to 1/12 first, which should actually work well.

What I really want to see next is the Spartan Army Commander series. I'd get all three. I passed on the 1/6 release relying on seeing them in 1/12 one day.

Others I would likely get tempted by:
Phantom Killer
Career Killer Kiyoha
Fighter Woman
Athena
Silver Huntress
Mercy Dante
La Muerta
Huntress!!
The Last Female Student
Red Fox in Fire
Female Agent
Fire White Rose
Fire Red Rose

Aside from that,... Laughing

Viking Woman would look good next to Arhian, and maybe they'd change the head like they did for Sariah.

Sinful Suzi would look good with Purgatori.

So I can imagine them coming next.

7General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:33 am

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Oh yeah, I'd be up for a 1/12 Fighter Women too.

8General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:20 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice idea for a thread, Xavion2004. Smile

Even though I don't avidly collect 1/12 figures, I do sometimes look out for custom parts to complete certain Star Wars characters I'm still missing in that scale. I was originally waiting for a 1/12 Lady Death so I could make a custom Asajj Ventress with it. But now Black Series is finally releasing a 6 inch Ventress, so my custom plans are kinda moot. ;p Still, would be nice to have the option to make a seamless tbleague version of her at some point. :')

Re: 1/12 Nancy in Hell --  for me, this would only work if they could somehow replicate the curvier body + the exact same headsculpt in the smaller scale. The appeal of Nancy is mostly her gorgeous headsculpt. I mention this because it seems like tbleague hasn't always 'matched' the headsculpts when it comes to the 1/12 counterparts. The outfits are usually more or less the same, but often the heads are totally different.

My personal top fave 1/6 scale tbleague figure is the Kier Valkyrie. However, I doubt it would appear in 1/12 since it is licensed to Sideshow. If it miraculously somehow did, I'd probably be interested since I missed out on the 1/6 figure as I didn't have any place for it in my 1/6 collection.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

9General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:15 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I really should be “1/12 Fan”...especially since I don’t own a single 1/6 figure.  Very Happy

I’m beginning to realize that there aren’t many 1/6 TBLeague figures that I wouldn’t at least consider in 1/12 scale.  I’m not really into the Egyptology figures, but that’s one of the few generalizations I can make.

I’d really like to see the Spartan Army Commanders, Viking Woman, and Fighter Woman in 1/12 as well.  I agree that Sinful Suzi has a pretty good chance of being released in 1/12.  She seems to fit the pattern, and she would look cool with Purgatori.  All of the Kier releases seem to be very highly regarded, so I could see that happening as well.  I’m not sure what Sideshow would think of 1/12 versions either, but then that would just be more money in their pocket.

I read the first two Nancy in Hell miniseries the other night.  I liked it overall.  It was both cliche and original at the same.  It actually has me considering the 1/6 version, but I don’t know that I want to start down that road.  The money I’ve spent on the 1/12 figures the past two months is scary enough.  Laughing

10General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:39 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I was watching You Tube reviews last night, and I didn’t realize that the 1/6 version of Arkhalla (Queen of Vampires) comes with a red, strapless bikini top that matches her skirt for the more modest among us that are a little uncomfortable with her “might as well be topless” look.  I wish they had done that for the 1/12 version.

...and no, I have no idea why I decided to draw the line at Arkhalla when all of the them seem to be trying to cover up as little of the women’s breasts as possible.   Laughing

11General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:09 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Well, somewhere a line has to be drawn, unless you go for naked, then there are no lines.

12General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:24 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Pirate Arhian arrived earlier this week.  Very nice figure overall, but two minor complaints that I share with Travel Guide (the belt and the dagger) and one major complaint that really kept me from buying her when she was initially released and getting into these figures a lot sooner:  THAT HAIR.  She look like a Troll doll!   Laughing

So out came the scissors, the tweezers, and the miniature comb.  First I went to work on the length.  It went from the middle of her rear end to the middle of her back which is where Arhian’s hair should be.  That wasn’t so horrible.  Just tiny little snips across the bottom and back again until I had it even, and at the length I wanted.

The thickness ended up working itself out.  With all of that hair comes a crazy amount of flyaways.  Knowing her hair was too think to begin with, I just kept cutting them one or two hairs at a time.  I must have cut 100 to 200 (not exaggerating).  I kept waiting for the big screw-up where I cut too close and cut an entire plug or cut too much in one area and the plug just came out.  I got lucky, though.  I didn’t lose any plugs and it stood up to one comb through after another without losing any hair.  Here are some pics.  Sorry about the quality.  They’re definitely not up to the standards we’re used to around here, but at least you can see how she turned out:

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion 4147-DA51-F7-E4-45-A7-985-D-9-EAA668-B018-A

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion 9-D5-AB9-FC-607-E-4634-9-BD3-0-A4407-CBC1-FA

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion DFAF0-EAF-B84-D-436-C-BE96-18228284-F7-E5

13General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:03 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Her hair turned out very nice cheers

What I like most of her, is her sandals.

14General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:11 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad you were able to tame the poufy mane a bit, lol. She does look better now.

I'm with you in that I absolutely hate how 'voluminous' a lot of the factory hair is on these types of figures. Something I recently tried on some of my 1/6 figures was to boil water, pour it into a bowl, then dunk the hair into it. While the hair was submerged in the hot water, I then combed through it throughly several times with a fine comb. Once it felt smooth, I pulled it out and gently patted the remaining water out of the hair, and then quickly ran the comb over it one more time to shape it into place while it cooled down and dried. The end result is that the hair is now very straight and smooth. Once it fully dried, I also trimmed it up at the bottom a bit.

I can't vouch as to whether it would work on 1/12 figures as I haven't tried it on those, but thought I'd share it case it was useful. I was too scared to try this method for ages, but finally took the plunge (literally), and I'm glad I did. Obviously, this only works if you want straight hair, as it will remove the waves/curls . Also, anyone who might try this... please wear some kind of kitchen gloves (like for washing dishes), because dunking your bare hands into boiling hot water is not fun. Razz

15General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:26 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Here’s Sariah who arrived yesterday, with the Arkhalla head I got from skywalkersaga.  I haven’t decided for sure which way I’m ultimately going to go here.  I read Queen of the Vampires last week, and now when I look at the sculpt, I think “Arkhalla” instead of “Sariah”.  I may get Arkhalla now while I can still get her for under $80 at one of the online retailers I buy from and hope that a solution for her top comes along at some point.  In the meantime, though...“Sarkhalla” Wink :

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion F158974-D-0-F36-4-DE3-A6-E3-FDC0-AFB1-BA8-F

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion F6-A51613-F59-F-4-D3-A-BC4-A-A551773-CD38-A

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion 889-E9041-5-CA2-43-AD-9859-273604-AE7-F45

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion F60980-A0-BB0-F-442-E-A26-F-1494-C7-CAC9-B8

16General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:30 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, I think she looks absolutely gorgeous!!! But then I'm biased... General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion 1f605

17General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:35 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
@TravelGuide - Thanks! I like the sandals too. Really, I like the whole outfit. Even though I’m satisfied with the work I did, I would still replace the head if a better alternative came along. The blonde “Anna” head is nice, but seems a little soft for Arhian.

@skywalkersaga - Yeah, I’m torn when it comes to rooted hair. All of the female figures I’ve bought over the last 15 years (and I’ve bought a lot of them) have sculpted hair. However, I don’t know if I would like sculpted hair on the TB League figures. It just doesn’t fit them. I think that’s why I’m not very interested in Captain Sparta. On the other hand, rooted hair is such a pain to keep nice, especially on these figures. It makes it hard to store them too. Normally, I would just put them back in the container the way they came, but to have to re-do the hair every time I want to take them out? Ugh.

I’ll have to try the boiling water trick sometime. I usually comb out the waves and curls anyway. They just don’t look realistic to me.

There is a definite “fit” there with the Arkhalla head and Sariah body. After reading your last post, I started thinking. Arkhalla is a three dimensional character to me now, but Skarah is still just a concept. Why can’t this just be Arkhalla? It’s not like Superman or Batman where she has an iconic costume she wore for 70 years. She was in a seven issue miniseries. I could even pick up a few Arkhalla pieces loose to add or swap out.

18General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:35 pm

A Man

I can confirm that dipping the hair in hot water will straighten it. Just remember to dip the hair, not the entire head.

19General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:45 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I tried the boiling water trick on Pirate Arhian’s hair and it worked well. I have a pair of tongs with rubber ends, so I used them to grip the head from the front so that I could just dunk her hair it. There are still a couple of pesky flyaways, but for the most part, the hair lays very nice.

Curiosity did get the best of me though, so I ordered the blonde Fire Girl “Anna” head from an eBay seller based in the U.S. I should have it by the end of the week, and I’ll post pics with it on Pirate Arhian. I’m not sure how well the skin tones will match. The Anna head is supposed to match the pale base bodies, but I don’t have a pale base body to compare. I know my suntan base body has a darker skin tone than Arhian, but that doesn’t necessarily mean Arhian is pale. To be honest, the skin tones on all of the TBLeague 1/12 figures I have seen to vary a bit unless it’s just lighting.

20General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:21 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Obviously we need pics to see the result of boiling the pirate's hair.

My 1/12 TBLeagues all seem to be suntan. It looks to be the same color as the 1/6 TBLeague suntan body I have lying around.

21General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:26 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
There is indeed some small variation between the suntan colours over the last year or so ... in most of 2019, it was a darker ‘greyish’ suntan. Then in later 2019 and 2020, tbleague did a ‘reddish’ suntan. Now, the current tone is more of a pale suntan. They are all very close, but the difference is noticeable if you line them all up. I don’t know why the batches have been so inconsistent, but that’s just what I noticed, and a few other members here have noticed too.

22General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:53 am

Diana

Diana
I've been so tempted by that Anna head and am very much looking forward to in hand pictures! Also for Pirate Arhian. Very Happy bounce

23General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:47 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I pushed my luck a little too far with Pirate Arhian.  That’s why I have a “no customizing” rule with my figures in general.  Once I start, I don’t know when to stop, because I always think I can do a little better.  By the time I realize I’ve gone too far, it’s too late.

That’s why I tested  the boiling water trick on her and ordered the Anna head.  I didn’t have much to lose.

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion AD5-AF826-192-F-48-E9-B71-D-7819-F70538-C1

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion 9-BB290-E3-E47-D-40-F8-8579-96-AB21971-E6-E

General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion 1-CCEB70-F-C8-FB-49-D2-A0-D4-72924-A2-F8-EC4

There’s not much of a difference between these three pics and the last three I took.  You can see that some of the plugs are now out on the front left row (our right when looking at the picture). Apparently I had cut the entire plugs down to the nub.

I had already combed through her hair with a wet comb in the previous pictures, so the back of the hair doesn’t look much different.  The boiling water trick just accomplishes the same thing with a lot less effort and less risk of pulling hairs out or creating flyaways.  The hair is also super soft now.

Fortunately, she’s not completely ruined.  She still looks fine with her cap on.

The lesson I learned is DO NOT CUT FLY AWAY HAIRS.  Fortunately, all of my other girls are fine.

It’s not sounding good for a color match with the Anna head.  So then I’ll feel compelled to get a T101A body to match.  Then I’ll feel compelled to find an outfit for her to wear.  Ugh.  This hobby is a money pit!

If could do it all over again, I’d just take the Pirate Arhian head out of the box, dunk it in the boiling water, comb it out, and then leave it alone.

24General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:12 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Does Arhian's outfit come off? or is it one of those that's molded on? Cause otherwise you could basically just get a pale body and then dress it in the Ahrian outfit. The only other issue I could see is maybe feet needing to be repainted to match the pale body.

25General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Empty Re: General TBLeague 1/12 Discussion Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:18 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
No, Arhian’s outfit is glued on.  She even comes with a little card warning you that it’s glued on which none of the others have.  Just my luck.  Having said that, there are auctions all over eBay for the individual pieces of the costume including the top, so it must not be that difficult to remove.

Edit: Looking at the two sets of pictures, I actually think her face is prettier without that front row of hair. I think they really made a lot of mistakes with how the hair was rooted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum