OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:29 pm

Seventhbrother

Hi to all my fellow collectors!

I wanted to share my custom Afro Samurai that I am very proud of. I started a new IG page to post my collection/custom figure work (@7thbrother_toys). Approximately five years ago I bought this great Afro Samurai head sculpt from Seb's Customs and sat on finishing the project for all these years due to time and distraction. I like to go outside the box with my customs and don't always adhere to accuracy so this is my interpretation. One thing that I wanted to illustrate was to have huge flowing afro hair on the sculpt. After a few tries I decided to use 100% human hair (used for wigs) cut and styled to shape. I painted the head sculpt and made the sandals. The sword was made by a customizer named Fergo several years ago and the clothing from a tailor in Russia that I work with. Hope you guys enjoy!

Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Polish10
Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys 20210311
Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys 20210310

Seventhbrother

Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Polish12
Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Polish11

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stunning custom character and figure. Vivid, yet stylish. Beautifully done!

Seventhbrother

GubernatorFan wrote:Stunning custom character and figure. Vivid, yet stylish. Beautifully done!

Thank you so much!!

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
I think the hairstyle is ingenious.

Ovy

Ovy
That's a perfect realization of that extremely stylish character!

Love the ever moving hair and ever moving Legendary Number One Headband in the ever blowing wind.
I think using human hair works very well on a stylized figure, kinda cool. The stylized head and the realistic body and outfit remind me of the Gangsters Kingdom figures. The glossy Wooden beads are great too.

Great job overall, you now have a Certified Samurai.

Seventhbrother

Gizems nice Kittens wrote: I think the hairstyle is ingenious.

Thank you!!

Seventhbrother

Ovy wrote:That's a perfect realization of that extremely stylish character!

Love the ever moving hair and ever moving Legendary Number One Headband in the ever blowing wind.
I think using human hair works very well on a stylized figure, kinda cool. The stylized head and the realistic body and outfit remind me of the Gangsters Kingdom figures. The glossy Wooden beads are great too.

Great job overall, you now have a Certified Samurai.

Grateful for the comments!! Thank you!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Holy Cow ! Love all of him. The HS, the Hair, Clothes and how You make the pictures of him. The Poses are Great. Maybe You like to tell us how You get the Hair in such a fantastic look ?

10Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:58 pm

Seventhbrother

Ephiane wrote:Holy Cow ! Love all of him. The HS, the Hair, Clothes and how You make the pictures of him. The Poses are Great. Maybe You like to tell us how You get the Hair in such a fantastic look ?

Thank you so much for the compliment!

The original sculpt had a great base to start from so I built the hair in top of that. I have some experience as a barber so I am familiar with cutting black hair. This was the original unpainted sculpt-

Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Fb_img16

11Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:58 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
That is so cool and just oozes awesomeness!

12Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Seventhbrother

BAMComix wrote:That is so cool and just oozes awesomeness!

Thank you!

13Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:17 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow! All the figures you've shared here have been impressive, and this one is especially unique. I had to look up the character (I'm completely out of the loop with manga/anime), and it seems like you captured him very well. The hair is absolutely amazing, and the fabric used for the trousers is beautiful. The wiring in the headband ties in the back is perfect and seems like a necessity for this kind of figure. Wonderful project, thank you for sharing it here!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

14Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:20 pm

Illusion

Illusion
Certainly interesting and off the beaten track.
Not exactly my area of interest but I like looking at all types of figures.
Great job on everything, be it head, outfit or accessories. Turned out really cool. Cool

I have never seen such hair with an asymmetric twist to it, so it looks a bit odd to me... (but as I have no knowledge in this respect, I will gladly learn Wink )

15Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:30 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is awesome. I love your interpretation of this guy. I remember this comic. So cool. Instantly recognizable.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys C8485110

16Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:27 pm

Seventhbrother

skywalkersaga wrote:Wow! All the figures you've shared here have been impressive, and this one is especially unique. I had to look up the character (I'm completely out of the loop with manga/anime), and it seems like you captured him very well. The hair is absolutely amazing, and the fabric used for the trousers is beautiful. The wiring in the headband ties in the back is perfect and seems like a necessity for this kind of figure. Wonderful project, thank you for sharing it here!

I appreciate all! Thank you

17Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:29 pm

Seventhbrother

Illusion wrote:Certainly interesting and off the beaten track.
Not exactly my area of interest but I like looking at all types of figures.
Great job on everything, be it head, outfit or accessories. Turned out really cool. Cool

I have never seen such hair with an asymmetric twist to it, so it looks a bit odd to me... (but as I have no knowledge in this respect, I will gladly learn Wink )

Thank you so much! I am all about pushing out creativity unseen. Sometimes we see too much of the expected in the hobby.

18Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:29 pm

Seventhbrother

Stryker2011 wrote:That is awesome. I love your interpretation of this guy. I remember this comic. So cool. Instantly recognizable.

Thank you very much!!

19Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:42 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Your custom interpretation of this iconic character is spot-on, nicely done on all accounts, the M36 body is perfect for him. Emulating realistic big anime hair is challenging enough at 1/6 scale, but you totally did it justice here. Would love to see more of this figure, and maybe even a fight scene against some bandits or something like that!

20Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:56 pm

Seventhbrother

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Your custom interpretation of this iconic character is spot-on, nicely done on all accounts, the M36 body is perfect for him. Emulating realistic big anime hair is challenging enough at 1/6 scale, but you totally did it justice here. Would love to see more of this figure, and maybe even a fight scene against some bandits or something like that!

Much respect and thanks for the kind words!

Here is another other imageCustom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Polish13

21Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:55 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Absolutely killer man! I think you managed to totally capture the character's coolness in the build and poses. Phenomenal work.

22Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:12 pm

Seventhbrother

ReverendSpooky wrote:Absolutely killer man!  I think you managed to totally capture the character's coolness in the build and poses.  Phenomenal work.

So very thankful for the compliment!

23Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:17 pm

Seventhbrother

Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Polish14

24Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:58 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I really like the new photos — the last one with the cigarette is too cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys C8485110

25Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Empty Re: Custom AFRO SAMURAI by 7thBrother Toys Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:06 pm

Seventhbrother

Stryker2011 wrote:I really like the new photos — the last one with the cigarette is too cool.

Much appreciated!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum