OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I had this for a few weeks, and meant to review it; and, of course, was inspired to goof around with the subject. Seeing it parted out yesterday made me finally process the photos, so here it is. I tried it out on a TBLeague (formerly Phicen) M33 body, for which it was not designed. To my surprise it fit quite well -- and no stains! The only thing is, as someone pointed out previously (Sky?), M33's arms appear to be a bit on the long side (I always thought it was the slightly short legs -- sans ankle extenders -- that made them appear so). Well, this shows here. But otherwise, a pretty good fit. It would fit perfectly on a conventional hard-plastic visibly-jointed body -- and if you are going to be putting the jacket on it, you might as well use that. But if you will expose the elbows by using just the t-shirt, the length of the M33 arms becomes less of an issue. And before anyone points it out, Ant-Man's quantum whatever let him travel to the Star Wars universe and get a realistic seamless arm and hand... Smile

The Winter Soldier clothing set by Top Toys is pretty simple but well-made. It includes the head sculpt (a decent likeness of Sebastian Stan, though certainly not the best), black shoes (for ankle pegs), black pants, a dark blue t-shirt, and a blue leather-like jacket. Anything else you see in the images below did not come from the set. (And nothing in the parody that follows came from this set.)

The beautiful interior is borrowed from a chance find online, the work of the amazing Marek Okon. Look him up and enjoy his masterpieces.

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws0110

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws0210

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws0310

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws0410

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws0510

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws0610

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws0710

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws0810

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws0910

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws1010

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws1110

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws1210

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws1610

Apart from the M33 body, the subject alone carried over into this parody, inspired by a couple-of-seconds skit from Robot Chicken...

"SAY HELLO TO THE SUMMER SOLDIER, BABY..."

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttss1310

(SLAP) ... Not to worry, Bucky picked himself up and tried again, with a more amenable babe...

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttss1410

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttwss110

And they lived happily ever after...

Hope you liked it.

#winter #soldier #bucky #clothing #set #civilian #toptoys #hottoys #tbleague #avengers #marvel #parody

Illusion

Illusion
Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Summer Soldier !!!! Hilarious - just needed a good laugh, was served with wonderful timing. Thanks.

I had not seen this set - seems nice enough. Thanks for reviewing and sharing.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Who's the redhead? And what is her outfit from?

You got a nice backdrop with the couch. And a nice couchpotato. Would be even more perfect if he had a remote in his hand instead of a phone.

Ovy

Ovy
The punster strikes again!

I think the head looks a bit like Tom Cruisewalker.

I also like that liminal space backdrop with the empty sofas and how it blends with the shiny floor.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote:The Summer Soldier !!!! Hilarious - just needed a good laugh, was served with wonderful timing. Thanks. I had not seen this set - seems nice enough. Thanks for reviewing and sharing.

You're welcome, and thank you for finding it funny. I did too, so I couldn't resist recreating it and developing it a bit further.

TravelGuide wrote:Who's the redhead? And what is her outfit from? You got a nice backdrop with the couch. And a nice couchpotato. Would be even more perfect if he had a remote in his hand instead of a phone.

The redhead is Black Widow and she is from the first (or if not, the second?) Hot Toys Black Widow set. Well, he was checking movie times for the latest Avengers movie, but eventually he found the rather fun-sized remote control (of course, it was trapped between the cushions!)... better?

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) Ttws1610

Ovy wrote:The punster strikes again! I think the head looks a bit like Tom Cruisewalker. I also like that liminal space backdrop with the empty sofas and how it blends with the shiny floor.

Wait... there was a pun? Seriously, let me know, I must have missed it. And you know how I love puns. Well, we have commented before on the resemblance between Sebastian Stan and Mark Hamill, but I didn't know Tom Cruise was another contender for suspected kinship... though I guess a secret agent (whether played by Tom Cruise of Matt Damon) is a bit closer to the outfit... The beautiful interior is from the amazing art of Marek Okon -- I meant to credit him in the original post and will update accordingly. I figured the floor in the interior background was dark enough to work ok with my Death Star floor. Smile Glad you liked it.

BAMComix

BAMComix
That's a great looking figure! (and other figs too) wonderfully photographed too! I like his gear too!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice clothing review, and the last two picks are hilarious.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Soldier - WINTER SOLDIER and more (Top Toys, TBLeague, Hot Toys) C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Definately could see a Summer Soldier movie joiing the ranks of the marvel universe. Just after Iron Man 127

Nice review and love your use of backgrounds, blends in really well

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:That's a great looking figure! (and other figs too) wonderfully photographed too! I like his gear too!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them.

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice clothing review, and the last two picks are hilarious.

Thank you, Mark, and glad you found them funny.

Valiarde wrote:Definately could see a Summer Soldier movie joining the ranks of the marvel universe. Just after Iron Man 127

Nice review and love your use of backgrounds, blends in really well

Would that be the unobtanium lifelike skin Iron Man undetectable suit? Smile It crossed my mind that Summer Soldier could be Winter Soldier's long-lost twin, Chucky (Charles Buchanan Barnes)... I'm glad you liked the backgrounds and my remedial attempts at making them blend. In these instances they were on the computer screen, as opposed to printed.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Really awesome background and furniture, it blends together so smoothly. Bucky cleans up quite well, and that is a sleek and stylish casual outfit for sure. I definitely pick up on some Tom Cruise MI vibes in the photo where his back is to the camera and turning his head. Though I still prefer the rugged Summer Soldier look. Apparently the ladies do too. lol Who is the blonde, btw? (hard to tell with the sunglasses)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Really awesome background and furniture, it blends together so smoothly. Bucky cleans up quite well, and that is a sleek and stylish casual outfit for sure. I definitely pick up on some Tom Cruise MI vibes in the photo where his back is to the camera and turning his head. Though I still prefer the rugged Summer Soldier look. Apparently the ladies do too. lol Who is the blonde, btw? (hard to tell with the sunglasses)

Thank you very much, glad you liked how they came together. I actually had to digitally smudge some of the pixellation from the screen, and I'm grateful no one has brought it up. Smile Well, some of the ladies prefer the Summer Soldier, for sure. Smile The blonde is the same as the one in Women's Day, Judy Robinson from Lost in Space (1965). Better photo here: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3844-david-and-olivia-the-morning-after

ZombieTestSubject

Thanks for the review. I like this set, probably more for generic purposes than who it is supposed to be. I had forgotten the Summer Soldier skit but I'm glad you didn't and developed it further. Quite funny, him being slapped down but finding true love after all, and a beach. And nice of you to take suggestions and make them happen.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:Thanks for the review. I like this set, probably more for generic purposes than who it is supposed to be. I had forgotten the Summer Soldier skit but I'm glad you didn't and developed it further. Quite funny, him being slapped down but finding true love after all, and a beach. And nice of you to take suggestions and make them happen.

You are very welcome. I feel much the same way -- I bought the set because I liked it, not because I needed it for Bucky. I recently re-watched a lot of Robot Chicken. It already had a big (if subconscious) influence on me, I expect now it will have even more (and "superconscious")! I'm happy you liked it. And what can I say? I aim to please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum