OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Asmus Aragorn review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Asmus Aragorn review Empty Asmus Aragorn review Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:05 pm

michael crawford

Let's get back to some sixth scale this week, with a look at the newest release in the Asmus Lord of the Rings series - Aragorn, from the Battle at Helm's Deep! I'm checking out the deluxe, which includes the diorama. You can find my review here:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-031521a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

2Asmus Aragorn review Empty Re: Asmus Aragorn review Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the detailed and beautifully illustrated review, as always. It makes good sense, although I personally can't get past the sculpted hair, and I'm not sure the facial features are an improvement on their earlier Aragorn or ACI's (but I admit, I don't own the latter, except for a cast without paint or hair). They've done a beautiful job with the costume and I'm glad to see them using two-piece boot design, which is how everyone should do it.

3Asmus Aragorn review Empty Re: Asmus Aragorn review Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:03 pm

davidd

davidd
Your website is incredible! First time I've visited!

The link to the "general build" of your amazing collection building - the envy of most of us, I'm sure - is not yet live. Is that link still a work in progress? I'm fascinated by the concept of constructing a building from the ground up to house your collection.

4Asmus Aragorn review Empty Re: Asmus Aragorn review Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:15 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome back, Michael. Good, solid review. While Aragorn was my favorite character from the movies, thanks in no small part to Viggo’s great performance, Asmus still fails to deliver a solid likeness, which is why I passed on this version, and all of their previous versions (upward looking eyes aside, ACI still has the best version). The sculpted hair still kills it for me. I do like that they finally decided to make two-part boots for better articulation, and I would have liked to have the diorama piece, but...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Asmus Aragorn review C8485110

5Asmus Aragorn review Empty Re: Asmus Aragorn review Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:04 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome back, Michael. Good, solid review. While Aragorn was my favorite character from the movies, thanks in no small part to Viggo’s great performance, Asmus still fails to deliver a solid likeness, which is why I passed on this version, and all of their previous versions (upward looking eyes aside, ACI still has the best version). The sculpted hair still kills it for me. I do like that they finally decided to make two-part boots for better articulation, and I would have liked to have the diorama piece, but...

Exactly my thoughts. Lets hope we see a crown version with a far better likeliness in the future...

6Asmus Aragorn review Empty Re: Asmus Aragorn review Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:04 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice review. The quality of the sculpt does indeed seem an improvement for Asmus, but like others have said, I'm not quite convinced by the likeness. The outfit, accessories, and diorama pice are all gorgeous and very well done though. Thankful I don't collect LotR figures as it would be a tough choice to pass up on yet another Aragorn...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Asmus Aragorn review Empty Re: Asmus Aragorn review Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:40 am

ZombieTestSubject

Thank you for the in-depth review. Great looking figure overall, although I kinda agree with some of these concerns about the head, or heads.

8Asmus Aragorn review Empty Re: Asmus Aragorn review Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:43 am

Illusion

Illusion
Though I do not care a lot for this Aragorn, I just want to take the opportunity to thank you very much for your reviews in general. They have helped me with various purchase decisions. Love them!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum