OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebay sellers out of stock and 1 month delay

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I would definitely complain to eBay — this needs to be stopped ASAP. Anyone, and everyone, needs to point this stuff out to them for every single transaction where the same message is essentially being sent by “multiple” sellers. The more this happens, the more likely eBay will attempt to do something. Who knows if it will be a positive outcome, but it doesn’t hurt to do the due diligence required. In the past, bad sellers were shut down, so I don’t see why this wouldn’t happen today — unless China owns eBay now.

skywalkersaga

Yeah, I'm shocked that this keeps happening over and over again. I have yet to encounter this (surprisingly!), but I don't see why people need to keep putting up with this. It's ridiculous to have items for sale if they aren't actually available!!

Skippy

Due to Covid related international delivery problems I've given up looking at eBay listings from sellers outside the UK.

It's not always easy to make sure you're dealing with a local seller though, as I've seen in the past some of them try to spoof their actual location. It's the same on Amazon when I'm trying to avoid customs charges - you can't always tell where the item is located.

Add in these other problems with apparent stock availability, I've confined myself to known retailers such as KG Hobby, OneSixthKit and Giantoy. It limits options, but does have the benefit of putting a stop on impulse buying. lol

I suspect it's due to reduced factory production, and sellers wanting to keep cash coming in by making it seem that they have stock, or are gambling that it'll arrive soon. sc_store9999 were bad for that even before the pandemic. Trouble with them is they have numerous eBay accounts so they're not easy to avoid.

skywalkersaga

That's exactly how I analysed the situation , as well, Asta. I can understand why this might be happening, but it doesn't mean the sellers should be getting away with it. Imo, it should still be reported, regardless of whether one avoids these sellers in future or not.

ministryofwrath

ministryofwrath
around the end of December I had this issue, oddly enough his site said had several in stock, and I saw loads of other sellers parting their models out.

I suspect.... more and more of these chinese dealers are parting models out before they sell the "complete" model, and maybe trying to just see what happens first, selling loose parts or the complete model.

I have no proof, but it's a theory.

JohnByng

ministryofwrath wrote:around the end of December I had this issue, oddly enough his site said had several in stock, and I saw loads of other sellers parting their models out.

I suspect.... more and more of these chinese dealers are  parting models out before they sell the "complete" model, and maybe trying to just see what happens first, selling loose parts or the complete model.

I have no proof, but it's a theory.

I agree. I pre-ordered the Stormtrooper Remnant figure from Iwstore and they say it has not been released yet, even though some had already parted them out.

I wonder if some items are easier to manufacture and were available before the figures could be completed anf then production ceased because of COVID. It might be that these are what is being sold?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum