OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks, Ephi. Glad you like her. She might have to chase down your Twillek thief. Wink

Actually they would look interesting in a vignette together. Tough bounty hunter vs wily thief.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks, Ephi. Glad you like her. She might have to chase down your Twillek thief. Wink

Actually they would look interesting in a vignette together. Tough bounty hunter vs wily thief.

Indeed.

As far as a hooded cloak -- it really wouldn't work with this head sculpt at all. In fact, the outfit she is wearing has a hood, but as you can see, it's unusable.

WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe - Page 2 _dsc3363

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Oh yes, no chance of a hood here, unless it is permanently pressed down (visually appropriate) under those braids.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Moonbase Alpha Male

GubernatorFan wrote:Oh yes, no chance of a hood here, unless it is permanently pressed down (visually appropriate) under those braids.

WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe - Page 2 Mhna0710
WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe - Page 2 Img_9910

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ah, yes. A robe like that would work — i’m assuming her hair is inside the back of the robe. The short coat mine is wearing is super tight, so I wouldn’t have been able to get the braids tucked in to be able to pull off a hooded look with what I had, and I really don’t want to put a full robe like that on her since she’s neither a Jedi nor a Sith. Thanks for proving me wrong, however. I like the idea of the changing skin look, and giving her a different outfit, too. I still need to figure out what extra weapons I could give her, and add some gunmetal paint to her rifle.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe - Page 2 C8485110

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Wow, Stryker, she looks so badass and awesome! She really doesn't need much more to add; someone mentioned a cape or cloak, which seems very "Star Wars-ian". A bounty hunters might want to be wearing a cloak for stealth, and that leather outfit is not, um, very stealthy...  WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe - Page 2 1f601

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Wow, Stryker, she looks so badass and awesome! She really doesn't need much more to add; someone mentioned a cape or cloak, which seems very "Star Wars-ian". A bounty hunters might want to be wearing a cloak for stealth, and that leather outfit is not, um, very stealthy...  WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe - Page 2 1f601

Thanks, TGF. I’ve been looking to add some sort of poncho-style cloak (no hood), but haven’t quite found what I’m looking for (I’d prefer something a bit ... asymmetrical). And a double holster set up for some unique blasters, but finding rigs made to fit female hips and thighs has proved challenging.

WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe - Page 2 C8485110

Hellborn59

Ahh, I like a lot Smile

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
Oh wow, I never imagined using a boxed TBLeague figure in a kitbash before. Great execution, really suits her!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hellborn59 wrote:Ahh, I like a lot Smile

Thank you kindly.

Suchsneak wrote:Oh wow, I never imagined using a boxed TBLeague figure in a kitbash before. Great execution, really suits her!

Thanks. But, I actually have the full figure, I just bought an extra head and body just to use for this purpose.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Stryker2011 wrote:
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Wow, Stryker, she looks so badass and awesome! She really doesn't need much more to add; someone mentioned a cape or cloak, which seems very "Star Wars-ian". A bounty hunters might want to be wearing a cloak for stealth, and that leather outfit is not, um, very stealthy...  WIP: Kraasa Xan, Female Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars/Darth Stryker Universe - Page 2 1f601

Thanks, TGF. I’ve been looking to add some sort of poncho-style cloak (no hood), but haven’t quite found what I’m looking for (I’d prefer something a bit ... asymmetrical). And a double holster set up for some unique blasters, but finding rigs made to fit female hips and thighs has proved challenging.

Stryker, have you ever considered making one of your own, using the pattern (or something similar) that I used in my Eowyn thread? (I regret it's not on here, but it's easy to find over at OSW; hmm wonder if I should post an "archive" thread of it here after all these years) It's a super simple pattern and just requires some flannel cloth of your choosing (most likely black to fit the outfit and you can cut it as asymmetrical as you want; experiment since you usually have to buy fabric by the yard or 1/2 yard so you'll have loads and it's usually cheap) and two strips of leather/pleather. You might even be able to scrounge a belt from old figures or parts if you obsessively keep stuff like I do. The hardest part for my Eowyn cloak was the coloring and the weathering, which required a lot of dyeing/fraying/cutting/painting/etc. but you wouldn't have to do any of that because your figure isn't like that. Anyway, just a thought, and I show my process in that thread so not too hard to follow I hope.

Don't know about the holsters though, sounds too sci fi for me!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

Stryker, have you ever considered making one of your own, using the pattern (or something similar) that I used in my Eowyn thread? (I regret it's not on here, but it's easy to find over at OSW; hmm wonder if I should post an "archive" thread of it here after all these years) It's a super simple pattern and just requires some flannel cloth of your choosing (most likely black to fit the outfit and you can cut it as asymmetrical as you want; experiment since you usually have to buy fabric by the yard or 1/2 yard so you'll have loads and it's usually cheap) and two strips of leather/pleather. You might even be able to scrounge a belt from old figures or parts if you obsessively keep stuff like I do. The hardest part for my Eowyn cloak was the coloring and the weathering, which required a lot of dyeing/fraying/cutting/painting/etc. but you wouldn't have to do any of that because your figure isn't like that. Anyway, just a thought, and I show my process in that thread so not too hard to follow I hope.

Don't know about the holsters though, sounds too sci fi for me!

Yeah, I’ve been looking at doing just that — making my own poncho. I was looking at the Farm Boy Luke poncho, and the one that Liam Neeson wore in Episode 1, but they are (despite looking different since they come to a point in the middle of the body) just simply square. I’m thinking something that is longer at one side, shorter at the other so she wouldn’t necessarily have to swing too much of it out of the way to access any firearms, or can be unclasped quickly and thrown off altogether.

I’ve been eyeing some dual “pistol” rigs that may work — but man! This hobby is getting pretty ridiculous when a 1/6 holster and belt is almost as expensive as the real thing.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
So cool!!! I like the design a lot, and I think she fits really well in the look of the Star Wars universe. I could totally see some sorta pistol rig, like you said, but I otherwise think she's perfect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum