OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Standard Edition:

Iron Man is one of the greatest heroes in the Marvel Universe! Having created a wondrous suit of armor in the workshop to keep himself alive, Tony has revised it dozens of times, each version with increased capabilities, faster operation, reduced energy usage, and adaptability to the greatest threats the universe has to offer.

Going back to the origins of our favorite super heroes, Hot Toys is bringing The Origins Collection which takes inspiration from the pages of classic Marvel Comics. Proudly presenting to fans today, the red and gold Iron Man Suit Armor as a 1/6th scale collectible diecast figure that comes with reimagined crystal armors.

Crafted based on Iron Man in Marvel Comics with stunning details, the figure features a newly crafted helmet head with LED-light up function; intricate design of the Iron Man armor and structure illustrating its mechanical detail; beautifully painted in red and gold coloring with a metallic appearance; crystal clear armor parts and interchangeable mask and armor parts for different styles of display; LED light-up functions scattered throughout the upper body, Arc Reactor on chest and palms; multiple pairs of interchangeable hands for iconic poses.

Give a stylish upgrade to your collection with this Armored Avenger figure!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODECMS07D37
PRODUCT NAMEIRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION]
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 33CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESCRYSTAL CLEAR ARMOR PARTS, ADDITIONAL INTERCHANGEABLE MASK, INTERCHANGEABLE ARMORS IN CLASSIC METALLIC RED COLOR
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A. 3D DESIGNED BY PIA SYLPHID
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A. PRODUCT CONCEPT BY PIA STUDIO.
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A
The 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Iron Man in Marvel Comics
- One (1) newly crafted helmeted head with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) additional interchangeable mask
- Approximately 33cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulations
- Contains diecast material
- Special features on armor:
- Metallic red and gold colored painting on the sleek and streamline Iron Man armor design
- LED light-up design on the eyes, chest and arc reactor, palms (white light, battery operated)
- Crystal clear armor parts for helmet, upper chest to waist, arms, calves, and foot
- Classic metallic red colored interchangeable armors including:
• One (1) set of helmet armors
• One (1) pair of chest armors
• One (1) pair of forearm armors
• One (1) pair of calf armors
• One (1) pair of countermeasure dispensers
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands with articulated fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of battle hands with light-up repulsor (white light, battery operated)
- Articulated air flaps at back of the armor
- Enhanced joint design on legs to allow flexible movement

Accessory:
- A specially designed figure stand with character name

Artists:
- 3D designed by Pia Sylphid
- Product Concept by Pia Studio

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2022

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required.
***Product details could be subjected to change without further notice.

© 2021 Marvel.
© 2021 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 11461
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 2778
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 3507
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 4471
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 5450
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 6422
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 7407
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 8385
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 9370
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 10350
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 11462
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 12312
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 13294
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 14270
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 15252
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 16234

Deluxe Version:

“He lives. He walks. He conquers.” – Iron Man

The appearance of Iron Man in the 1960s did not only introduce a wardrobe of high-tech armored suits to fans, but also maintained a regular presence among the members of Avengers. His hulking gray costume in the early days was later redesigned to an ever-sleeker suit of armor that hewed to a red and gold color theme which is still significant until today.

Going back to the origins of our favorite super heroes, Hot Toys is bringing The Origins Collection which takes inspiration from the pages of classic Marvel Comics.

To kick of the collection, Hot Toys is pleased to introduce the Iron Man Suit Armor (Deluxe Version) as a diecast 1/6th scale collectible figure with re-imaginated crystal armors, and a specially designed Tony Stark’s Workshop themed diorama base to enhance the collecting experience.

Exquisitely crafted based on Iron Man in Marvel Comics, the highly detailed figure features a newly crafted helmet head with LED-light up function; intricate design of the Iron Man armor and structure illustrating its mechanical detail; carefully painted in red and gold coloring with a metallic appearance; crystal clear armor parts, interchangeable mask and armor parts for different styles of display; LED light-up functions scattered throughout the upper body, Arc Reactor on chest and palms; multiple pairs of interchangeable hands for iconic poses.

The deluxe version includes a signature Iron Man suitcase with articulated function, also an elaborated diorama figure base with LED light up function, allowing fans to explore Tony Stark’s high-tech workshop straight from the comic pages, includes articulated gantry arms, extra armor parts, and holographic screen accessories.

Suit up your Marvel collection with the one-of-a-kind Iron Man figure!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODECMS08D38
PRODUCT NAMEIRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] (DELUXE VERSION)
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 33CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESAN IRON MAN SUITCASE, HOLOGRAPHIC SCREEN ACCESSORY,
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A. 3D DESIGNED BY PIA SYLPHID.
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A. PRODUCT CONCEPT BY PIA STUDIO.
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A.
The 1/6th scale Iron Man (Deluxe Version) Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Iron Man in Marvel Comics
- One (1) newly crafted helmeted head with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) additional interchangeable mask
- Approximately 33cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulations
- Contains diecast material
- Special features on armor:
- Metallic red and gold colored painting on the sleek and streamline Iron Man armor design
- LED light-up design on the eyes, chest and arc reactor, palms (white light, battery operated)
- Crystal clear armor parts for helmet, upper chest to waist, arms, calves, and foot
- Classic metallic red colored interchangeable armors including:
• One (1) set of helmet armors
• One (1) pair of chest armors
• One (1) pair of forearm armors
• One (1) pair of calf armors
• One (1) pair of countermeasure dispensers
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands with articulated fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of battle hands with light-up repulsor (white light, battery operated)
- Articulated air flaps at back of the armor
- Enhanced joint design on legs to allow flexible movement

Accessories:
- One (1) Iron Man suitcase (with articulated function)***
- One (1) holographic screen accessory***
- A Specially designed workshop themed diorama figure stand features LED light up function, including elements of gantry arms with articulated function, and extra armor assembling parts***

*** Exclusive to Deluxe Version

Artists:
- 3D designed by Pia Sylphid
- Product Concept by Pia Studio

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2022

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required.
***Product details could be subjected to change without further notice.

© 2021 Marvel.
© 2021 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 11463
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 2779
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 3508
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 4472
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 5451
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 6423
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 7408
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 8386
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 9371
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 10351
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 11464
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 12313
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 13295
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 14271
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 15253
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 16235
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 17222
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 18207
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 19186
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 20151
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: MARVEL COMICS IRON MAN [THE ORIGINS COLLECTION] 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARAD & DELUXE) 21182

#newproduct #HotToys #Marvel #IronMan #OriginsCollection #male #comicbook

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
No, no, no! I went from being excited to being disappointed, real fast. The problem is that they are trying to do two incompatible things at the same time.

The notion of a Hot Toys quality design and in diecast, that represents the original or at least early comic book version of Iron Man, is terrific, and the underlying design has basically pulled it off, though the two faces might be a bit off of the perfect retro look (and I'd kinda want a third face with a nose). But then this whole crystal armor thing -- I might like it independently, or at least I admit that some people might, but on this particular figure it's just weird, and it totally subverts the "origins look" concept. I fully expect that we will see some Summer Fair Exclusive or whatever that reproduces this basic figure but without the crystal, and that one, I might actually get.

I wonder how this Origins concept will play out with characters who don't have any armor that can be crystallized, but rather just cloth or spandex or green skin.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Finally, they do a 1/6 figure of Iron Man. Thought that would never happen.

Theflyingman

Lol Valiarde!

ministryofwrath

ministryofwrath
I HATE iron man models, HATE them. I thought I'd never own one, but I did buy punisher war machine because I'm a huge punisher fan, and I still hate myself for it.

I wish hottoys would make what everyone really wants... a 1/6 scale Alien queen.

Valiarde

Valiarde
ministryofwrath wrote:

I wish hottoys would make what everyone really wants... a 1/6 scale Alien queen.

I wanted to disagree, but I would buy an Alien Queen in 1/6 so... Laughing
we are two out of two

Make one HT!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I expected a plain re-release, with less stuff for more money. In that sense I'm pleasantly impressed. Not being an expert on these things, I assume MBAM is in the right when it comes to the analysis of the "origins" aspect.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I expected a plain re-release, with less stuff for more money. In that sense I'm pleasantly impressed. Not being an expert on these things, I assume MBAM is in the right when it comes to the analysis of the "origins" aspect.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, GF. Real price weirdness here: I'm seeing $365 for the basic, which I reluctantly admit is about par for the course currently for a diecast HT Iron Man, but then "only" $395 for the Deluxe, which adds the workshop base and quite a lot more elaborate stuff. If we concede the base price (which ain't cheap) as a starting point, then $35 for the additional stuff is just mind-boggingly cheap by HT standards.

ahbake

That's weird... why those "crystal" armour pieces? What are they supposed to be? Is it so you play with your doll without smudging the paint with your greasy fingers? Rolling Eyes
Some of them seem to be detachable though...

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
ahbake wrote:That's weird... why those "crystal" armour pieces? What are they supposed to be? Is it so you play with your doll without smudging the paint with your greasy fingers? Rolling Eyes
Some of them seem to be detachable though...

I think like the face plates, there's a couple of different swappable configurations of crystal, particularly, one that covers the chest reactor and one that doesn't.  AFAIK they do not correspond to anything in any comic design -- more like HT set out to make a fully transparent Iron Man, and it didn't work out, so let's not waste the pieces.  I'd be happier if the whole crystal overlay was optionally removable but I suspect if that was true there would be one promo picture shown like that.  Also I suspect this is one visual effect where actually seeing it in hand could be different fron any pictures (better or worse) so I look forward to that.

One missed opportunity would be an unmasked Tony Stark face that isn't RDJ -- maybe in a later version. Or maybe they think somehow that woud dilute the brand.

csyeung

csyeung
From what I've gathered around the groups, this is more based on PIA SYLPHID's designs than on the comic books. He likes to use glass to encapsulate his creations and see underneath. So I guess this is probably closer to their "artist" creations like the maximum venom they had a while ago. I think apparently Pia worked on many of the iron man designs before too? I like Iron man , but i think I have enough already haha.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
csyeung wrote:From what I've gathered around the groups, this is more based on PIA SYLPHID's designs than on the comic books. He likes to use glass to encapsulate his creations and see underneath. So I guess this is probably closer to their "artist" creations like the maximum venom they had a while ago. I think apparently Pia worked on many of the iron man designs before too? I like Iron man , but i think I have enough already haha.

You are absolutely right, and that is no doubt true. But all the more so it makes the figure schizophrenic because the "Origins" series name, and all the design elements like the face plates etc, pull in the direction of representing 1960s/1970s comics Iron Man, while the personal stylistic quirks of Pia Sylphid pull in the opposite direction.

To be clear when you say Pia worked on many Iron Man designs before, he was designer for Hot Toys with the task of making accurate 1/6 versions that exactly matched the MCU versions. He never had anything whatsoever to do with character designs at Marvel Comics. And I am totally in awe of his HT Hulkbuster, but it is more engineering than it is art.

HT is probably rewarding him here, by allowing him to make something with more personal artistic expression, and he can stamp his personal company logo Pia Studios on it rather than working anonymously in the HT production studio. I suspect it's something HT may have negotiated because they want to keep Pia working with them rather than losing him if he moves altogether to outside projects under his personal Pia Studios. Will it succeed? HT actually has a bad track record for figures done in a personal style, starting with Machiko She Predator who looked great but sold slow; and the Stan Winston stuff at HT was a poor fit. There may be room for a sculptor imposing a personal vision on an existing superhero property -- Ashley Wood has done it ok at threeA but it's a pretty niche market and doesn't pull the kind of numbers HT wants to talk about.

csyeung

csyeung
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
csyeung wrote:From what I've gathered around the groups, this is more based on PIA SYLPHID's designs than on the comic books. He likes to use glass to encapsulate his creations and see underneath. So I guess this is probably closer to their "artist" creations like the maximum venom they had a while ago. I think apparently Pia worked on many of the iron man designs before too? I like Iron man , but i think I have enough already haha.

You are absolutely right, and that is no doubt true.  But all the more so it makes the figure schizophrenic because the "Origins" series name, and all the design elements like the face plates etc, pull in the direction of representing 1960s/1970s comics Iron Man, while the personal stylistic quirks of Pia Sylphid pull in the opposite direction.  

To be clear when you say Pia worked on many Iron Man designs before, he was designer for Hot Toys with the task of making accurate 1/6 versions that exactly matched the MCU versions.  He never had anything whatsoever to do with character designs at Marvel Comics.  And I am totally in awe of his HT Hulkbuster, but it is more engineering than it is art.

HT is probably rewarding him here, by allowing him to make something with more personal artistic expression, and he can stamp his personal company logo Pia Studios on it rather than working anonymously in the HT production studio.  I suspect it's something HT may have negotiated because they want to keep Pia working with them rather than losing him if he moves altogether to outside projects under his personal Pia Studios.  Will it succeed?   HT actually has a bad track record for figures done in a personal style, starting with Machiko She Predator who looked great but sold slow; and the Stan Winston stuff at HT was a poor fit.  There may be room for a sculptor imposing a personal vision on an existing superhero property -- Ashley Wood has done it ok at threeA but it's a pretty niche market and doesn't pull the kind of numbers HT wants to talk about.

You're right, I meant for hot toys. The MCU iron man designs were more Adi Granov's designs I believe.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
csyeung wrote:You're right, I meant for hot toys. The MCU iron man designs were more Adi Granov's designs I believe.

They were indeed.  I had the happy chance to speak with him about that once.  Also it was one of his covers that came up with the three-point landing, which is not a suit design but probably just as iconic.

Delanie

Delanie
One thing that strikes me as odd ,and yes I was looking , is the 'hip part of his armour the articulation lines are just drawn on at least the gauntlets have actual ridges, to me it just looks false a bit like those 'dolls' they did years ago which were yellow and red printed lycra!

Like many others I agree the transparent bits are well yeuk i mean if they were supposed to be energy shields perhaps.

To be honest i liked some of the original armour sets in the mcu  but the nano stuf 'nope not no how' too much of a cop out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum