OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebay and other online Scammers

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

301Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:34 pm

ukshaun

skywalkersaga wrote:It's been a typical situation for sellers to list items they don't actually have in-stock for a while now. I don't even think it has anything to do with the particular item or its quality, it just seems to be a method of listing as much as possible to make as much money as possible even if they don't have the physical item in question. I don't really understand the purpose of this since most buyers will eventually want a refund, but that seems to be what is happening. It happened to me last month as well.

Using the word AUTHENTIC VERYCOOL is probably incorrect.
Who is not to say that the seller simply purchases the item from China and tells the Chinese seller where to send the item?
..i some how doubt the head sculp was official, and probably was a Chinese knock-off.

The use of the word AUTHENTIC might have been deliberate, as they choose to not use the word OFFICIAL
AUTHENTIC blurs the line.

The points you raise make sense. It has happened to me at least 3 times with Chinese sellers, noting being able to find the product. The thing with Chinese sellers is (from my experience atleast) they tend to message the buyer. In the case of Yahoo-hoo, they appear to have opted for an automated ebay reply?

No bother Smile
We'll see how the Chinese copy looks like when it arrives Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

302Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:39 pm

ukshaun

ebay user nuoya2012

I cannot work this ebay seller out.
By the looks of things, i had an unfortunate experience.
The current situation is, i am working on obtaining a refund.

I ordered: STAR MAN: 1/6 Female Avengers AVENGER Movable (MS-005)
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1469-new-product-star-man-1-6-female-avengers-avenger-movable-ms-005-not-what-you-think?highlight=1+6+STAR+MAN+MS+-005

I received:
Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Green_13
LOADING: Image(s)

Could it have been a mistake?
I somehow doubt so.

As i type nuoya2012 feedback amount to:
99.4% positive Feedback
Positive - 2741
Neutral - 30
Negative - 14

As you can see, they seem like a decent enough seller.

I checked though the negative / neutral feedback's, and some seller's appeared to experience what i experienced.

be careful and aware of this seller, ships empty envelopes and never ships the figure. I waited 3 months for my product to ship and then arrived an empty envelope.
CHONG 1:6th C002 Negan The Walking Dead 12inch Male Action Figure Collectible

Received empty package
1/6 White One-piece Translucent Short Sleeve Shirt Clothes Fit 12'' Female Body

Didnt have what I ordered in stock, suggested another color. Took almost 2 weeks just to send. Seller was suppose to give a gift to compensate but he never did.
EWWORKS 1/6 Male Hip Hop Oversized T-Shirt Clothes Fit 12inch Action Figure Doll

Received empty package
1/6 White One-piece Translucent Short Sleeve Shirt Clothes Fit 12'' Female Body

To be fair, they sent the following message:

Good day,
Thanks very much for your purchase,
sorry to disturb you.

we have a good news,
As appreciate for purchase,
we'll send 2 parcels for you,
1 is for your order,and another 1 for a samll gift,
so if you get one is not what you ordered,
please don't worry,
just wait with more patience,another parcel will arrive soon,ok?

if you need both tracking NO.,please email us,we'll try our best check for you.

thanks very much for your kindly understand.

If you have any problem,please kindly email me know,i'd like to try my best to help you.

Best regards to you and yours

For the moment, i guess i am to assume they sent a free gift (a green hat) and the figure will follow?
The thing is, they already sent one free gift, a small belt.
From ebay's perspective, the order is now complete. From my perspective, the order is not complete.
Why bother with the free gift thing. Why does the seller not simply state the item is out of stock and they are attempting to source one?

For the moment i have received 2 parcels, 1 is a gift, and the other? not what i ordered.

303Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:52 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Yikes! You should start a refund request through eBay and show pictures of what you received.

304Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:58 pm

ukshaun

Stryker2011 wrote:Yikes! You should start a refund request through eBay and show pictures of what you received.

The seller might have good intentions, and the free gift / gifts are away of stringing me along until he / she (probably a he) obtains the figure and posts it. At the same time, i have a bad feeling. I have put in for a refund. We will see what happens next. In my favour, i have an official photo shot by the postman / postwoman of the small package being delivered, as they took the photo themselves for proof of postage (as i was out at the time).

305Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:00 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, that's good. This figure came out almost 4 years ago, so finding one may be slim. I wanted the head sculpt by itself, but it sold out fairly quickly (and wasn't cheap).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 C8485110

306Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:05 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, that's good. This figure came out almost 4 years ago, so finding one may be slim. I wanted the head sculpt by itself, but it sold out fairly quickly (and wasn't cheap).

Maybe there is a Chinese knock-off batch in the works?
Maybe the seller has contacts who can source one, and on this occasion it is proving difficult?
The point of sending gifts fails to make sense, as it cost them time, postage and the gift.

307Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm, I don't know what happened there. I've never had any problems with nuoya.

308Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:36 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:Hmmm, I don't know what happened there. I've never had any problems with nuoya.

I have used nuoya in the past without issue. On this occasion, i have no idea.. i will wait for his response.

309Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:44 pm

teamweapon

ukshaun wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Hmmm, I don't know what happened there. I've never had any problems with nuoya.

I have used nuoya in the past without issue. On this occasion, i have no idea.. i will wait  for his response.

i used nuoya YEARS ago, i won a figure by bidding on preorder, and they strung me along right up to the last day i could put in a paypal claim then blanked me the day after it expired. so they arnt trust worthy AT ALL.
this was before i knew about the preorder scam. i got a refund off paypal anyway, when i called them up and they took a look at the account they just laughed and said this happened ALL THE TIME on that account and refunded immediately.
i mean why would nuoya send 2 tiny seperate packages? instead of saving money on international shipping by just sending 1 packet?
but up to you to decide i guess?

310Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:50 pm

gooboo

Haven't run into any scams yet, but twice last month I got the "sorry, item is broken/not in stock" then refunded. Not sure what you have to gain by listing something in stock when you don't have it, and then refunding the buyer.

What's funny is that I never ran into that problem for a few years until last month, then it happened twice.

311Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:43 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
ebay user ebay user nuoya2012

The user got back to me. Has stated that the item is a pre_order.
I decided to take a refund and pick up the piece once the item is in stock and there are photo's of the actual item in question. The pre_order appears to amount to a re_run or sorts (Chinese knock-off?) ..it could turn out good, it could also turn out not good.

Problem sorted. Over all ebay user nuoya2012 seem's ok to deal with.

312Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:01 pm

gineacat

I have ordered in Nov from eBay n noticed the delivery date would be in Jan so I had assumed it was a logistic thing . Then the seller said it was a preorder releasing soon and every time I asked it was a few weeks more or not released yet . I cannot wait indefinitely so I am asking for a refund or eBay to step in now ..

313Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:33 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
gineacat wrote:I have ordered in Nov from eBay n noticed the delivery date would be in Jan so I had assumed it was a logistic thing . Then the seller said it was a preorder releasing soon and every time I asked it was a few weeks more or not released yet . I cannot wait indefinitely so I am asking for a refund or eBay to step in now ..
That is not necessarily a scam, except on your expectations. They often fail to highlight it is a pre-order, either to encourage buying or to avoid having to update the listing later (I don't know exactly how it works) -- or both. So they indicate the optimistic projected release date in the original listing. The seller has no control over the release date whatsoever, and the factories tend to produce product with various degrees of delay. Most of us tend to stay away from eBay pre-orders, precisely because it gets frustrating, and we feel less at ease than with other sellers.

314Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:04 pm

gineacat

Thanks GubernatorFan! Have to give the seller the benefit of doubt .The seller did sound a lot like the scammers in the thread so I decided not to take the risk and asked for and my money back . Solved amicably I would say . Going to be more cautious in future buying from eBay and would not take the good reviews there on face value .

315Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
gineacat wrote:Thanks GubernatorFan! Have to give the seller the benefit of doubt .The seller did sound a lot like the scammers in the thread so I decided not to take the risk and asked for and my money back . Solved amicably I would say .  Going to be more cautious in future buying from eBay and would not take the good reviews there on face value .
Welcome. They do sometimes resort to minor workarounds to avoid penalization by eBay -- but that does not always mean they intend to scam you of your actual purchase. If you are, for example, US-based, consider preordering via established stores like Timewalker Toys, Big Bad Toy Store, Monkey Depot, etc., or GianToy and OneSixthKit in Asia. You can consult our list of reliable retailers here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1860-on-line-retailers-list

316Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:31 am

gineacat

Thx GubernatorFan,. I in general buy/ P.O. from big US figure shop or or stock items that are already available now .eBay is a love /hate platform as I did get some very good stuff from them at a reasonable price .

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Just a head's up that they sent me a non functioning 'tracking number' it's not recognised by any official websites or any of the independent tracking sites, it's been 2 weeks since they provided it. They aren't answering emails yet still manage to send me 2 or 3 marketing emails a day!! Mad Evil or Very Mad confused scratch

318Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 10, 2023 2:17 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Just a head's up that they sent me a non functioning 'tracking number' it's not recognised by any official websites or any of the independent tracking sites, it's  been 2 weeks since they provided it. They aren't answering emails yet still manage to send me 2 or 3 marketing emails a day!! Mad Evil or Very Mad confused scratch

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for your trouble. The marketing emails are probably robotized.

319Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 10, 2023 5:13 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Just a head's up that they sent me a non functioning 'tracking number' it's not recognised by any official websites or any of the independent tracking sites, it's  been 2 weeks since they provided it. They aren't answering emails yet still manage to send me 2 or 3 marketing emails a day!! Mad Evil or Very Mad confused scratch

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for your trouble. The marketing emails are probably robotized.

I put it up as a new thread since I know they have algorithms /bots or whatever tracking their business on websites like this one for "bad press" after what happened last time I did it with my Ironman mk85 BD version. After weeks of no contact they emailed me a few hours after I posted that thread complaining about them. Guess what ? It happened again! Just got this email:
[Good day.

We would like to thank you for your recent purchase from our store.

However, we regret to inform you that your order was dispatched three business days after it was received, and we have been informed by the carrier that the item has been returned from customs.
We understand the inconvenience this may have caused you, and we want to assure you that this is an individual incident and we are taking steps to prevent such occurrences in the future.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we will be re-shipping your order again within 2 business days.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
Thank you for your continued support and we are looking forward to your next purchase!]

I replied with this:
[This exactly what happened last time as you didn't declare the correct value of the item, you then tried to charge me the postage again for this mistake. check my last order, you'll see what I am talking about so it's not "an individual incident", in fact from my point of view it is a repetitive incident. Thank you for finally replying ....]

Uncanny isn't it ? And I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

320Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 10, 2023 5:25 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Ebay seller: hry6400

Not a scammer but..
The description of item failed to mention one part missing, two parts snapped off (not in box)
Seller terms: 'Returns not accepted'

While i accepted the figure for what it was, and i accepted from the outset 'returns not accepted'. The main issue i have with hry6400 is their idea of communication. There is none. If you message hry6400 they do not reply. As a result i would not recommend hry6400

Edit / Update..
hry6400 did reply to one of two messages. Failed to address 3 of the missing parts.

321Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 10, 2023 12:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Uncanny isn't it ? And I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

Uncanny indeed. I do wonder if they noticed the bad press or whether that was a coincidence. I hope they take appropriate steps to mitigate the issue.

322Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 10, 2023 2:46 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:

Uncanny indeed. I do wonder if they noticed the bad press or whether that was a coincidence. I hope they take appropriate steps to mitigate the issue.

it's happened twice already, they only reply to my messages after i put up a thread complaining about them on here, both times it only took a couple of hours for them to then email me "apologies blah blah.." after weeks of them ignoring my emails .

323Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 10, 2023 3:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

it's happened twice already, they only reply to my messages after i put up a thread complaining about them on here, both times it only took a couple of hours for them to then email me "apologies blah blah.." after weeks of them ignoring my emails .

Well, on the bright side, you seem to have discovered a way of spurring them to action.

324Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Por.Toys - Official Email Address Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:02 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
I thought i would start this thread to help others not be scammed.
Por.Toys make rather remarkable looking 1/6th figures, at a price.

I have always wanted to add atleast one Por.Toys figure to my collection.
Recently i contacted Por.Toys using an email address i thought was legit.
The email address i used was portoysstudio@gmail.com
The correspondence i received was polite and seemingly legit. There was a down payment and a final payment (all seemed good).
For the record, i sent no payment.

Via the Por.Toys Instagram page, i sent a message, and received the following reply:
'Sorry you were duped. We don’t have this account, it’s a scam account' - Por.Toys

'Sorry, you probably don’t have my email address, 303652700@qq.com' - Por.Toys

For the moment, it appears the legit email address for Por.Toys is 303652700@qq.com
I have to admit, 303652700@qq.com seems like a somewhat weird email address.

325Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:12 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
The number email sounds ridiculous. I’m guessing they either got hacked and that’s what the hacker is using now, or they are defunct.

I’ve gotten scammed by Rogerbee’s favorite head sculpt artist, Darren Carnall. I sent that guy 3 head sculpts to be painted up 6 years ago. Paid upfront $1500 USD total (this was before I found other artists), and despite inquiries (about 1 a year, but more, especially over the last year and half), can’t get that piece of $#@t to respond. I saw ONE in-progress update (I think) 2 years ago, and then nothing. I saw that he was active on the Freaks not that long ago, and tried PM’ing him there — no response. At this point, I’m assuming that that (censored) isn’t going to return my stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 1f10

326Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:39 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:The number email sounds ridiculous. I’m guessing they either got hacked and that’s what the hacker is using now, or they are defunct.

I’ve gotten scammed by Rogerbee’s favorite head sculpt artist, Darren Carnall. I sent that guy 3 head sculpts to be painted up 6 years ago. Paid upfront $1500 USD total (this was before I found other artists), and despite inquiries (about 1 a year, but more, especially over the last year and half), can’t get that piece of $#@t to respond. I saw ONE in-progress update (I think) 2 years ago, and then nothing. I saw that he was active on the Freaks not that long ago, and tried PM’ing him there — no response. At this point, I’m assuming that that (censored) isn’t going to return my stuff.

$1,500 usd for 3 head paint jobs??!! Is that a typo? And that was 6 years ago, seriously, wow. Sorry for what happened but jeez a guy asking for that kind of money would be targeting newbie collectors with way too much money! You can buy two HT IM Hulkbusters for that, crikey. You're a very experienced collector, didn't you 'smell a rat' and how is Roger involved? He always says he's broke (we're friends on FB) so him buying an unpainted head for $30 would even surprise me lol! (no offence Roger but you know you're a tight git with Scottish and Yorkshire ancestry Wink ) so him paying $500 for painting a head is unthinkable lol.

327Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:59 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
No. As far as I know, Roger never paid him for his services, but he was a subscriber to his Patreon so he could see all of his in-progress videos (some of those can be found on YouTube). And, no, $1500 isn’t a typo. To say that I’m pissed is an understatement. At the time, I was having a hard time finding a painter, and Roger recommended him. Darren has been around for quite some time, so didn’t think I’d be throwing my money away (lesson learned). I’m ready to put on YouTube, his website, and anywhere and everywhere I can blast him for essentially screwing me over.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

328Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:10 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:No. As far as I know, Roger never paid him for his services, but he was a subscriber to his Patreon so he could see all of his in-progress videos (some of those can be found on YouTube). And, no, $1500 isn’t a typo. To say that I’m pissed is an understatement. At the time, I was having a hard time finding a painter, and Roger recommended him. Darren has been around for quite some time, so didn’t think I’d be throwing my money away (lesson learned). I’m ready to put on YouTube, his website, and anywhere and everywhere I can blast him for essentially screwing me over.

I don't blame you! Now I think about it I remember Roger recommending YT videos of a hs painter some years back and to be fair the guy was pretty amazing but not $500 amazing but that's in the eye of the beholder. Talented or not, a thief is a thief.

329Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 13 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:13 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
He’s in the Uk, too. So maybe you can hunt him down for me…. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum