OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 27]

GregT

the eagles from old bowling and motocross trophies could be pole-toppers for an ancient or futuristic fantasy theme, or weathered and placed amid the rubble of a destroyed govt. building;  lite-gauge guitar string for radio antennae (I thread them inside the clutch and brake cables of motorcycle models to add stiffness)

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Ideas003-1

skywalkersaga

Really neat idea, GregT!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I second that, great idea, GregT!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

dadrab

Engaging brain again, I see.

Good ideas, for certain.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes, indeed. Great way to think outside the box.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
In keeping with the quasi/pseudo-Egyptian-like theme of some recent posts (HERE), I put the following simple scene together to show a couple of Bead Landing pieces that I picked up at Michaels some time ago. These are intended as jewelry charms, and include a hand mirror, comb, purse, and high-heeled shoe. The hand mirror and, to a lesser degree the comb, and with a stretch the purse (perhaps if one puts a little fabric backing behind it), are suitable for sixth-scale scenes. The mirror is quite nice and works very well.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Mf0110

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Mf0210

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Mf0310

What do you think?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice find! And cute pics, lol. I get such a Cersei vibe [book version, that is] from that tbleague figure. ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Nice find! And cute pics, lol. I get such a Cersei vibe [book version, that is] from that tbleague figure. ;D

Thank you very much, and glad you liked them, too. While I despise this as any sort of "Cleopatra," I find it fun and attractive in a silly, over-the-top fantasy sort of way. So I couldn't resist picking up some of the pieces and reconstituting the set -- partly. This may or may not be the first time I've actually found some use for her on here (history does not remember...).

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Great set, great props, good photography, but I don't think blondes had been invented yet in ancient Egypt. ;o)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That mirror is great. Nice job.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Great set, great props, good photography, but I don't think blondes had been invented yet in ancient Egypt. ;o)

Thank you very much. And exactly: that's why I refuse to see her as "Cleopatra" -- or anything Egyptian, really.

Stryker2011 wrote:That mirror is great. Nice job.

Thank you very much. But all I did was recognize its potential when I spotted it.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Nice and funny set-up, I love that snake chair Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
lawlaw91 wrote:Nice and funny set-up, I love that snake chair Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thank you very much.
Hmm, I never thought of it as a "snake" chair, but now that I look at it, some of the detail is reminiscent of snakes. I believe it is intended to be Empire style furniture, and if I remember correctly it came from on of those gangster sets (but was it Corleone or Scarface, I forget).

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
shazzdan wrote:Found a cool frypan keychain and put together this breakfast pack. It is a pretty heavy frypan, made from solid die-cast metal.
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/701619326/16-scale-miniature-egg-pack-kitchen

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Il_fullxfull.1964113927_qrci

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Il_fullxfull.1916569690_trfu

Here is the keychain

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Playerunknown-s-Battlegrounds-PUBG-Pans-Keychain-Figure-Keyring-Holder-Pan-Fried-Egg-Car-Bag-Men-Chaveiro/32888563845.html

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 HTB1hEg3bBgXBuNjt_hNq6yEiFXa5

excellent!

Oh, all this has to go on my wishlist for sure!

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
GubernatorFan wrote:
lawlaw91 wrote:Nice and funny set-up, I love that snake chair Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thank you very much.
Hmm, I never thought of it as a "snake" chair, but now that I look at it, some of the detail is reminiscent of snakes. I believe it is intended to be Empire style furniture, and if I remember correctly it came from on of those gangster sets (but was it Corleone or Scarface, I forget).

Hmmm.....Snake chair does give it a great tie in though.lol.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
So often we see items advertised as 1:6 only to have them fall short of scale. It was refreshing to find this real metal propane tank and accessories listed as 1:12, but at 5cm ( 1.97") tall, the tank is the perfect height for us.
Amazon $4.60 US. Under 1:12 Kitchen play sets.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Img_0010

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:So often we see items advertised as 1:6 only to have them fall short of scale. It was refreshing to find this real metal propane tank and accessories listed as 1:12, but at 5cm ( 1.97") tall, the tank is the perfect height for us.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Img_0010

Cool find.

Nice to see you active again.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Stryker2011 wrote:
Pontiacivan wrote:So often we see items advertised as 1:6 only to have them fall short of scale. It was refreshing to find this real metal propane tank and accessories listed as 1:12, but at 5cm ( 1.97") tall, the tank is the perfect height for us.

Cool find.

Nice to see you active again.

Thanks, I’m getting there. It was good to have a reminder that the 1:6 hobby is a great way to bounce back from a long depression.
Looks like my math needs some tune up though, that tank would only be 12” tall in real life. Too short.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Pontiacivan wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Thank you very much.

Hmmm.....Snake chair does give it a great tie in though.lol.

I am looking forward to see your frying scenes with your chef!!! What a Face What a Face What a Face You can also add some real vegetables (mini size carrot or sliced onion) can even look balanced diet for the meal albino albino yummy...

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
GubernatorFan wrote:

Thank you very much.

Yes, the handles are looks similar to snake in my eyes @
And I should call it throne.... Very Happy

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Well, it seems the party here is hot....Let me join the battle too... Laughing Laughing

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Yeo_2104

Here is my latest stuff purchase, new sets of instruments, my orchestra team is coming!! What a Face What a Face

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Yeo_2105

Well I go back to my home a little bit late, will only have time to test with my old man, the Damtoys 78042. But then I guess I have to, buy some more sets of suits if I planning to do an orchestra show right?  Laughing  Suspect  my wallet start cryin...

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Yeo_2109

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
I already had the guitar and the violin last year, and I am now pursuit all the instruments (maybe left drum and electric guitar now)......I still can't decide if I need a set of drum, they really expensive though....

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Yeo_2106

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Yeo_2108

The horn and saxophone are pretty well painted and binding, looks so smooth...but something bug me abit, is how they welding the stand holder nut on the instrument, I know they design these for decoration but....erm....uhh....hmmm...yeah...well....what can I say.. Laughing

This is how they should looks like with the stand
barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Yeo_2107

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look great, Lawlaw. I love this type of thing, and have picked up some instruments myself (I think I've only shown them in some of the Clothing TBLeague seamless bodies topic) but not nearly as many as you. Nice and (if these were actually meant as decorations) lucky finds.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Lynkhart wrote:I too bought some bits and bobs from Tiger recently - they don't always have them in stock as they're more of a seasonal item, but they sell these great metal chairs for about £3 each. The original one I bought from there a few years ago was matte black, but the more recent ones were painted in various pastel shades, but they painted up nicely after some primer.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 36188874124_85e74a8a14_zDeja Brew WIP by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 36543680246_35e0941835_zimage by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

I can't remember the branding of this, but I found it on holiday last year in one of those 'not-quite-a-£1-shop-but-close-enough' kind of shops. It's a novelty condiment/cutlery holder and cost me about £7 if I remember correctly. I really bought it for the umbrella as it actually works, but the chairs are actually a pretty good size for my dolls, though it'd be a little more of a squeeze for larger 1/6th figures. I added a fake mosaic on the tabletop to disguise the hole for the parasol, and I'd really like to get rid of the wooden boxes under the chairs which held the cutlery, but they're glued on there pretty solidly unfortunately.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 34183527673_e92d4c412a_zimage by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 34177543434_773a1b1cbd_zEnjoying the sunshine by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 34633956340_6e1f20653b_zEnjoying the sunshine by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

On that same holiday I found this scaffy old tealight holder in a charity shop and thought it had potential. I stripped off the painted leather sides and stuck on some wooden shelves instead and boom! Industrial side table!

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 37990360846_528989a6da_zimage by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 26267454649_947eb062a2_zimage by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

Also on the industrial theme, you can get sets of novelty 'pipe' straws from £1 shops, and when combined with balsa wood, textured wallpaper and lots of weathering, you get a rather snazzy 'reclaimed' desk!

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 34036602726_df534331ea_zIndustrial Desk WIP by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 33919871252_6a841f43a5_zIndustrial Desk WIP by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 34063374011_6d85ec5409_zMax  . .#dollroom #dolldiorama #dollfurniture #barbiecustom #barbie #barbiecollector #sixthscale #dollphotography #playscale #fashiondollphotography #dollstagram #instadoll #maxandjuno #dollsofinstagram #doll #gaydolls #gaybarbiedoll #dollswithtattoos #ba by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

This next one's a little hit or miss as its really too chunky for true 1/6 but I think you can get away with it. I've seen these miniature easels at £1 shops and The Works here in the UK but I'm sure they're fairly easy to get hold of elsewhere too. They usually come with a mini canvas, which is really too thick for our purposes, but could be used as one of those big printed canvas artworks you can get. I made my own of course, and I think it works fairly well as a desk-mounted easel.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 34544525891_5a69eacc5c_z

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 34642337906_5bda878eb4_z
[url]

[/url]

Wanted to bump this, since I totally missed it the first time around. Love the metal chair, the scale looks fantastic!
I but the straw kits whenever I see them. I plan to use them for piping, but the collection just keeps getting bigger. I think your solution as table legs was brilliant! The paint and weathering is top notch as ell!

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
[quote="Pontiacivan"]
Lynkhart wrote:I too bought some bits and bobs from Tiger recently - they don't always have them in stock as they're more of a seasonal item, but they sell these great metal chairs for about £3 each. The original one I bought from there a few years ago was matte black, but the more recent ones were painted in various pastel shades, but they painted up nicely after some primer.

Wanted to bump this, since I totally missed it the first time around. Love the metal chair, the scale looks fantastic!
I but the straw kits whenever I see them. I plan to use them for piping, but the collection just keeps getting bigger. I think your solution as table legs was brilliant! The paint and weathering is top notch as ell!

-------------

Wow I wish I could live in that house you set up!!!!!! Such a perfect life Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Cheers guys! So do I tbh, they’ve easily got a much nicer setup than I have in real life! XD

DarthJ

Did we see a television yet ? Old style, before flat screens.

It dates from the 1990s and you could find these in souvenir shops all over the world. It's a kind of Viewmaster.

The table was made for Fleur, a Dutch 1/6 doll.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Img_0911

shazzdan

shazzdan
DarthJ wrote:Did we see a television yet ? Old style, before flat screens.

It dates from the 1990s and you could find these in souvenir shops all over the world. It's a kind of Viewmaster.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Img_0911

I like this a lot. Very sweet.

This is what I used for a flat-screen.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t964-miniature-60-inch-plasma-tv

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 PfuhEjU

DarthJ

Sold by Chinese sellers on Ebay as a large suitcase, in fact a piggy bank.
This setup was as "Summer" theme on display in a public office, notice the documents partially hidden by the purple "carpet".

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 16 Img_9713

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum