OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 27]

DarthJ

A shelf with dictionaries.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Img_7510

Those are real dictionaries, Dutch to and from English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Img_7513

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Img_7514

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
The dictionaries are super cool.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Those are awesome! I have quite a few "classic" dictionaries (massive books that weigh a small ton), which I still use.

DarthJ

I don't think I posted this already. One of those metal pencil sharpeners depicting real usually antique objects.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Img_7810

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice, I believe I hav the same item in the Ammo Arms.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, very neat!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have the same pencil sharpener (in the event I decide to do a General Store). Neat little item, and the drawer opens (obviously).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 C8485110

m76

m76
I just got this cool lantern (and a bunch of other items that I'm yet to unpackage and use with a figure)

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Dsc00211

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Dsc00210

http://madblog.shacknet.us

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice find!

DarthJ

More pencil sharpeners.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Img_7912

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Img_7914

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Img_7913

DarthJ

And a few more, all in one purchase for a few dollars, ehhh Euro.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Img_7915

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Img_7916

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Does the handle on that coffee grinder move?

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 C8485110

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool. Does the handle on that coffee grinder move?

what coffee grinder?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:

what coffee grinder?
Look again, last photo. Probably my favorite piece among these. And I was thinking of Stryker's Westworld when I saw it. Smile
Also like the lantern in m76's post, although I suspect it might actually be designed to be a sixth scale piece.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. That last item is an old school coffee grinder. Similar to this real one:

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 4d748910

ukshaun

ukshaun
Lynkhart wrote:I too bought some bits and bobs from Tiger recently - they don't always have them in stock as they're more of a seasonal item, but they sell these great metal chairs for about £3 each. The original one I bought from there a few years ago was matte black, but the more recent ones were painted in various pastel shades, but they painted up nicely after some primer.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 36188874124_85e74a8a14_zDeja Brew WIP by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 36543680246_35e0941835_zimage by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

I can't remember the branding of this, but I found it on holiday last year in one of those 'not-quite-a-£1-shop-but-close-enough' kind of shops. It's a novelty condiment/cutlery holder and cost me about £7 if I remember correctly. I really bought it for the umbrella as it actually works, but the chairs are actually a pretty good size for my dolls, though it'd be a little more of a squeeze for larger 1/6th figures. I added a fake mosaic on the tabletop to disguise the hole for the parasol, and I'd really like to get rid of the wooden boxes under the chairs which held the cutlery, but they're glued on there pretty solidly unfortunately.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 34183527673_e92d4c412a_zimage by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 34177543434_773a1b1cbd_zEnjoying the sunshine by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 34633956340_6e1f20653b_zEnjoying the sunshine by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

On that same holiday I found this scaffy old tealight holder in a charity shop and thought it had potential. I stripped off the painted leather sides and stuck on some wooden shelves instead and boom! Industrial side table!

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 37990360846_528989a6da_zimage by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 26267454649_947eb062a2_zimage by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

Also on the industrial theme, you can get sets of novelty 'pipe' straws from £1 shops, and when combined with balsa wood, textured wallpaper and lots of weathering, you get a rather snazzy 'reclaimed' desk!

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 34036602726_df534331ea_zIndustrial Desk WIP by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 33919871252_6a841f43a5_zIndustrial Desk WIP by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 34063374011_6d85ec5409_zMax  . .#dollroom #dolldiorama #dollfurniture #barbiecustom #barbie #barbiecollector #sixthscale #dollphotography #playscale #fashiondollphotography #dollstagram #instadoll #maxandjuno #dollsofinstagram #doll #gaydolls #gaybarbiedoll #dollswithtattoos #ba by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

This next one's a little hit or miss as its really too chunky for true 1/6 but I think you can get away with it. I've seen these miniature easels at £1 shops and The Works here in the UK but I'm sure they're fairly easy to get hold of elsewhere too. They usually come with a mini canvas, which is really too thick for our purposes, but could be used as one of those big printed canvas artworks you can get. I made my own of course, and I think it works fairly well as a desk-mounted easel.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 34544525891_5a69eacc5c_z

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 34642337906_5bda878eb4_z
[url]

[/url]

Good work. Skillful posing. The umbrella's work really well.

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

what coffee grinder?
Look again, last photo. Probably my favorite piece among these. And I was thinking of Stryker's Westworld when I saw it. Smile
Also like the lantern in m76's post, although I suspect it might actually be designed to be a sixth scale piece.

I see it now.

Stryker2011 wrote:Yep. That last item is an old school coffee grinder. Similar to this real one:

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 4d748910

I see..

618barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Empty Comfy couch seat with potential… Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:33 am

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
I was in Petsmart close to closing this evening and they were down to one cashier with a bit of a line so I wandered around the store and came across some small pet items and I immediately thought of the sixth scale environment.

https://www.petsmart.com/featured-brands/nate-and-jeremiah/small-pet-collection/nate-and-jeremiah-faux-leather-small-pet-couch-72352.html

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 16664f10

With a set of short legs (shouldn’t be a hard task) and maybe a thin but sturdy board to set it on (bottom isn’t sturdy so would sag if you added legs) this thing would be a pretty decent couch, if a bit oversized. $20 which might seem a little high but it did appear well made.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great find!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it, nice find!

ukshaun

ukshaun
Excellent!
What animal/animals was the couch intended for? Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:Excellent!
I saw it pictured with a lizard in a review. Another reviewer complained that their rats had shredded it in seconds... Smile

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:Excellent!
I saw it pictured with a lizard in a review. Another reviewer complained that their rats had shredded it in seconds... Smile

A lizard, really?

DarthJ

collectorofmany wrote:I was in Petsmart close to closing this evening and they were down to one cashier with a bit of a line so I wandered around the store and came across some small pet items and I immediately thought of the sixth scale environment.

https://www.petsmart.com/featured-brands/nate-and-jeremiah/small-pet-collection/nate-and-jeremiah-faux-leather-small-pet-couch-72352.html

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 16664f10

With a set of short legs (shouldn’t be a hard task) and maybe a thin but sturdy board to set it on (bottom isn’t sturdy so would sag if you added legs) this thing would be a pretty decent couch, if a bit oversized. $20 which might seem a little high but it did appear well made.

i would leave it as it is, as a "pouf". You can always pretend it's some sort of groovy far-out 1960s furniture. Beware though that it could become your pets' favourite resting place.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Here’s a mini DIY for you! I found this woven basket/storage container in a discount store the other day, it’s just a metal frame with cheap synthetic straps woven around it but when turned vertically it looks rather shelf-like.

I removed all that, painted it black, cut some bamboo plant labels to size, sanded and stained them, then glued everything together. The end result? A nifty looking industrial style shelving unit! I liked the end result so much I bought another two and hot glued them together to make a larger shelf. They’re a bit wonky as none of the frames were particularly even, but it does the job, and with stuff displayed on them you won’t notice the inconsistencies.

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Whitag10

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Whitag11

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Snapse11

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 Snapse13

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Brilliantly spotted and carried out, Christine! And wheelchair Ken was so impressed he stood up and started walking!

csyeung

csyeung
That turned out great! Perfect shelves for 1/36 figures!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Awesome shelves, Christine. Looks perfect for a modern-industrial look.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

barbiecustom - Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 25 1f10

BAMComix

BAMComix
Really clever stuff!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum