OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 27]

collectorofmany

So, while at work I was fiddling around with one of my desk pens as I normally do, clicking it in and out and even disassembled it, when it dawned on me that the center ring might double as a bracelet. If I hadn’t just purchased a couple of sixth scale bracelets the thought wouldn’t have even entered my head. I have yet to try it on a figure, but the overall diameter is at 3/8 of an inch, so it looks promising.

If this has already been mentioned before I apologize.

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_2211
Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_2210
Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_2212

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Well spotted, Steven.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

DarthJ

collectorofmany wrote:So, while at work I was fiddling around with one of my desk pens as I normally do, clicking it in and out and even disassembled it, when it dawned on me that the center ring might double as a bracelet. If I hadn’t just purchased a couple of sixth scale bracelets the thought wouldn’t have even entered my head. I have yet to try it on a figure, but the overall diameter is at 3/8 of an inch, so it looks promising.

If this has already been mentioned before I apologize.

THAT explains this new notice in the office.

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Pen_ri10

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I'm sure Steven was using his own pen, and can do with it as he pleases.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

DarthJ

GubernatorFan wrote:I'm sure Steven was using his own pen, and can do with it as he pleases.

The problem being a (Phicen) woman usually has 2 arms.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Excellent idea!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Everytime great to see your all inspirations in this thread. Thanks all !

DarthJ

Instead of pilfering pens you can also buy these cheap sets of rings in the "arts & crafts" department of Ebay. Just an example, find the cheapest and most reliable seller yourself :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/295748730334?var=593948152756

Order the 10mm size.

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_9717

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_9718

Visisonor

Visisonor
Ah, yes. They can also be found in various craft/sewing/yarn/fabrics stores, or maybe in relevant sections of supermarkets.
They are usually called jump rings. 10mm seems to be perfect for 1/6 scale, 5 or 6mm work for 1/12.

Zes

Zes
I've also used nose rings as 1/6-scale bracelets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233255043828

8mm or 10mm are ideal options. They also have a nice variety of colors.

DarthJ

I recommend that latest batch of rings I linked too, these are easy to open and close. For other batches I had to use a tool.

DarthJ

I can't find the post back but someone mentioned that a figure was wearing " TeddyBear Pyjamas" from Elves Behaving Badly.
So I went looking for this item and found the (only) vendor on Ebay UK. They are British and selling abroad.
I found these pyjamas and a few more items suited for 1/6th scale. Each item costs £3.78.

Phicens are S51, S26, S28 and S22 (I think).

Teddy Bear and Elves pyjamas (pink and blue striped). The vests are somewhat too large, the "borrowed from my husband" kind of large. The pants are not too large though.

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_9811

Blue and pink Elf dressing gowns. Also somewhat too large.

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_9812

And finally the Elf Life Jacket. Looks large but could be the exact size. For a special night I guess.

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_9813

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Found this fan (which does fold in on itself) at HL as a jewelry making item. A quick snip of the eyelet and a quick sand to remove the sharp edge left by said snipping, and Koko has a new, on theme, fan.

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 53405143238_aca69bd96e_kDOAL5606 by T E, on Flickr

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 53404960371_729c131ebd_kDOAL5607 by T E, on Flickr

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool!

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Croc Master Barrett's newest Pet Fiona

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 GIJOEFiona02-viHosted on Fotki
Fiona appear to be just a juvenile and the other two are just babies.

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 GIJOEFiona01-viHosted on Fotki
I picked 2 of these G.I. Joe Croc Master from Ross (dress for less) a few days ago.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hear they taste just like chicken! Smile Fun pet.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Cool! nice scale crossover too!

Diana

Diana
That is so cool!!! Love the baby crocs, too! And the crocs suit her, especially with those shades. Very Happy
Now you need a longer leash clearly. Should be easy enough. Smile

DarthJ

With the weather out here we could use some heating devices and I found one (and a second one is due to arrive soon).
The Forges de Ciney was a Belgian company producing stoves and other heating devices in cast iron. Apparently they also made a few miniatures to promote their products, also in cast iron. They can be used as money boxes. Rather easy to find but not really cheap at about 25€ - 30€ each. This one would date from the 1930s-1940s. I guess that makes it the oldest object shown in this thread.
This

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_1020

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_1018

Visisonor

Visisonor
4mm dowels have been mentioned several times here as components for projects, dioramas or tools. I've made prison bars from them.

But they are useful on their own because 30.5cm/12in is the perfect size for 1/6 scale https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bō staff.
Or just a long nasty stick to bash people with.
Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Cnr_7142
Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Cnr_7141
Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Cnr_7229

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They do seem very appropriate for this purpose!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool! They look great too!

Diana

Diana
Nice! Both the oven and the staff. Smile

DarthJ

I bought a lot (literally) of metal pencil sharpeners. These were made by Spanish company Play-Me. Only a few were really not suitable for a 1/6 scene.

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_1331

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_1332

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_1333

DarthJ

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_1334

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_1336

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 Img_1335

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great pick ups, they will make great diorama pieces.

tghsmith

the skeleton is oddly familar ( I did add the eyeballs) the baskets give me ideas,, thinking that a picinic hamper might be a nice detail on the boat..

[img]Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated) - Page 27 ROW9IV[/img]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum