OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

" Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1" Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Empty " Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:11 am

Chip

This is another female figure in the ranks of my Vietcong . Linh is an old school figure now , but still quite good in my opinion . The body is the biggest let down , and being so petite is hard to get her uniform to fit on other figures . I took a gamble on a super articulated Barbie Doll , and after some surgery I think it`s improved " Linh " . Barbies feet were tiny , so I have transplanted Linh`s legs on to the Barbie figure , and cut back the forearms as they looked too long . I think she could use losing a bit more off of those , but I am not keen on surgery . I am quite pleased with how Linh is looking for now . The hat is a sports tape redux of 21st`s Vietcong boonie , I think the chest rig is by ACE along with the AK , Dragon Soviet canteen , and upgraded Linh`s grenade pouch .

" Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade 1-Lynn-P1120462

" Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade 3-Lynn-P1120466

" Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade 2-Lynn-P1120464

Here are some more pics of the upgraded 21st boonies .

" Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade VC-3-P1100757

2" Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Empty Re: " Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:08 am

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
I wouldn't have been able to tell that you replaced the body with a barbie if you didn't mention it, looks good. I've had a made-to-move before and they do have a very good range of movement, also very durable.

3" Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Empty Re: " Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:39 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Great work on the body swap, but as Suchsneak said I wouldn't have noticed either. Those dragon female bodies had some weird barbie proportions now that I remember. The work on the hat is very good too, looks much better and realistic now.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! " Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade 1f60e

4" Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Empty Re: " Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:16 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great work Chip! the body transplant worked out really well Very Happy Very Happy

5" Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Empty Re: " Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:48 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad you've gotten into modifying bodies to improve them and make your characters more functional. Nice job on the outfit too.

6" Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Empty Re: " Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:09 pm

Chip

Thanks for the kind comments , I am not a big fan of doing surgery on figures , it`s nice when it works though Very Happy . I think she looks a little long in the neck still , not sure if the head will push down anymore .

7" Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Empty Re: " Linh " Gets Barbie Body Upgrade Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:35 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Chip wrote:Thanks for the kind comments , I am not a big fan of doing surgery on figures , it`s nice when it works though Very Happy . I think she looks a little long in the neck still , not sure if the head will push down anymore .

Oh I completely agree with you -- modifying a figure should be avoided unless unavoidable for your purposes. Not because of the extra work, per se, but because of the danger of "overcorrection" and damaging something in the process. Then again, if one had lots of spare parts at a low or reasonable price, that would be less of a concern. Anyway, well done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum