OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BAMComix

BAMComix
Having been inspired by a number of Twi'Lek bashes, I thought I would have a go myself. This is the first real full on creation, which required far more custom work than I have ever done. I used a number of methods from various members across forum, Ephiane's Twi'Lek thief and her marvelous method of using pastels to dye on an already heavily stained TBL body, and chips fantastic painting advice!
I used green stuff to create her tails which I stuck to her head after a lot of prep work, removing hair, ears and then repainting her face. Her outfit is a mixture of available stuff on ebay. Her helmet was a 21st century piece that was custom cut to fit her head. The goggles were modern action man (I think) and repainted, as was her belt, which was originally from a cheap Jango Fett figure, which I cut down to fit her blasters.

Bit of backstory.

Sinya, which means darkness in her Twi'Lek tingue, was taken into slavery by the Empire after he fall of the Jedi Order. She escaped her captures and fled to the outer rim, where she became a pod racer driver, which would eventually hone her skills as a pilot. She quickly feel into the criminal element and became quite an expert pilot, gunslinger and gun for hire.
Eventually, she was recruited into the Rebel Alliance, and now battle the Empire to restore freedom back to the galaxy!

Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51128339315_bd1a75a725_c
 Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51127263177_0e71bcf575_c
 Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51127438693_2963380bfd_c
 Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51127438033_af8dd2353c_c
 Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51127278479_3f898d7723_c
 Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51127436513_3b6b987c38_c
 Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51128335530_45be2da4b0_c

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is one stunningly beautiful creation, Dal, well done indeed. Excellent match in color. The proportions and clothing choices and colors work out beautifully too. And so does your set up and photography.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Absolute Great ! Love her. She´s more bad ass than mine, i think. Laughing Real good job with the  body skin tone and a 100 % match with the face skin tone. Headsculpts are made with harder Material as hands / Feets are. So it´s hard to paint them. Very clever to use gloved hands and it looks more smuggler like to.

If this is really the first self made figure You made, it is just excellent. Hope You get the " Bash Your own figures wipe " now Laughing For me this is the essence of this hobby.

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
My first thought was Blue Men Group when I saw the pictures. That's a beautiful colouring, does it stay permanent?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is an intensely dark blue — love it. She looks awesome. Great job, Dal.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:This is one stunningly beautiful creation, Dal, well done indeed. Excellent match in color. The proportions and clothing choices and colors work out beautifully too. And so does your set up and photography.

Many thanks Ian bounce Really means a lot from such a huge Star Wars fan such as yourself. the guide that Ephiane posted was a huge help is creating her, and in truth partly responsible for me to try. I do admit, of all the races from the SW universe, the Twi'Lek's have always been my faves, especially since watching the clones wars TV show! bounce Really pleased you like her Very Happy .

Ephiane wrote:Absolute Great ! Love her. She´s more bad ass than mine, i think. Laughing Real good job with the  body skin tone and a 100 % match with the face skin tone. Headsculpts are made with harder Material as hands / Feets are. So it´s hard to paint them. Very clever to use gloved hands and it looks more smuggler like to.

If this is really the first self made figure You made, it is just excellent. Hope You get the " Bash Your own figures wipe " now Laughing For me this is the essence of this hobby.

Thank you so much, from yourself, that really does mean a lot. Sinya maybe a bit tougher, but yours could steal a wookie pelt from Boba fetts armour, so she has mad skills! You never know, they might even know each other?
yeah, she really is my first full self made figure, and to be honest, I would like to try another bounce bounce

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:My first thought was Blue Men Group when I saw the pictures. That's a beautiful colouring, does it stay permanent?

lol! lol! That really made me laugh! Thank you so much for your great comment cheers

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:That is an intensely dark blue — love it. She looks awesome. Great job, Dal.

bounce bounce bounce Thank you so much Mark, I just hope she doesn't run into your bounty hunter! I am so pleased that you like her, like Ian, it's a huge compliment. When I first coloured her I thought she looked too dark, but when photographed her true colour came shinning through, which I was really pleased about Very Happy .

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
How is the skin holding up? Is it showing any signs of cracking from the paint?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:How is the skin holding up? Is it showing any signs of cracking from the paint?

Oh, I only used paint (Citadel) on the head and tails, I used pastels to stain the body, like Ephiane did for his female Twi'Lek  bounce . So far, she hasn't needed a re-application, but I suspect she will over time?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:How is the skin holding up? Is it showing any signs of cracking from the paint?

Oh, I only used paint (Citadel) on the head and tails, I used pastels to stain the body, like Ephiane did for her Twi'Lek  bounce . So far, she hasn't needed a re-application, but I suspect she will over time?

That's what I thought. If you applied the oil pastel sufficiently well (and one way to tell is that when you rinse it and paper towel pat dry it no more color runs off or transfers, while you have the color you wanted already on the body), it should not require any re-applications. Matching the oil pastel color with the acrylic paint closely is always important and often difficult. Perhaps you had some more leeway in the colors you could choose -- not least because you were painting both head and body -- and it was an easier match? Either way, it worked out beautifully.

Chip

Excellent work Dal . impressive ...most impressive . Very Happy . What you didn`t tell me was that you used Pastels and paint . To get such an excellent colour match .... well I don`t know what to say . She looks great , I hope you do more custom figures . But man you set your own bar high . Well done .

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

Oh, I only used paint (Citadel) on the head and tails, I used pastels to stain the body, like Ephiane did for her Twi'Lek  bounce . So far, she hasn't needed a re-application, but I suspect she will over time?

That's what I thought. If you applied the oil pastel sufficiently well (and one way to tell is that when you rinse it and paper towel pat dry it no more color runs off or transfers, while you have the color you wanted already on the body), it should not require any re-applications. Matching the oil pastel color with the acrylic paint closely is always important and often difficult. Perhaps you had some more leeway in the colors you could choose -- not least because you were painting both head and body -- and it was an easier match? Either way, it worked out beautifully.

Hi Ian, for the head I did have to mix a colour to match it to the pastel colour, I do find that citadel paints are really nice to work with and apply a smooth finish. They are not exactly cheap tho? I'm not sure what the make of the pastels are, as I have had them for years. In fact it wasn't until i read the posts here that they could be used? Again, thanks so much for the high praise of Sinya Very Happy .

BAMComix

BAMComix
Chip wrote:Excellent work Dal . impressive ...most impressive . Very Happy  . What you didn`t tell me was that you used Pastels and paint . To get such an excellent colour match .... well I don`t know what to say . She looks great , I hope you do more custom figures . But man you set your own bar high . Well done .

bounce bounce bounce Thanks chip! I am so pleased you like her! I am definitely tempted to make a second Twi'Lek, but I will have to find or buy a new head to do it Very Happy .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Whoa... wait a minute. Sinya... as in Slavic for "blue"? Rev and Ovy seem to have started a Russian/Slavic craze when it comes to naming new characters. Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great job! Love her outfit and gear!! She looks pretty fierce. And you got the coverage of the blue colour on her skin so nice and even, it looks excellent!  Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 1f60d

Now you and Ephiane have both beat me to finishing a Twi'lek... Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 1f62d

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ephiane

Ephiane
skywalkersaga wrote:Great job! Love her outfit and gear!! She looks pretty fierce. And you got the coverage of the blue colour on her skin so nice and even, it looks excellent!   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 1f60d

Now you and Ephiane have both beat me to finishing a Twi'lek... Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 1f62d

You are inspired, not beaten, Sky. The Twi´leks we made will get blue with envy when they see Yours i bet alien

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Whoa... wait a minute. Sinya... as in Slavic for "blue"? Rev and Ovy seem to have started a Russian/Slavic craze when it comes to naming new characters. Wink

Really? what a coincidence? I looked up Twi'Lek's names and found Sinya, which according to their language translates as darkness, which I thought suited her character Very Happy Very Happy

BAMComix

BAMComix
Ephiane wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Great job! Love her outfit and gear!! She looks pretty fierce. And you got the coverage of the blue colour on her skin so nice and even, it looks excellent!   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 1f60d

You are inspired, not beaten, Sky. The Twi´leks we made will get blue with envy when they see Yours i bet alien

Thank you so much skywalkersaga, really means a lot that you liked her.

I agree with Ephiane, I am sure your Twi'Lek will look amazing! bounce bounce bounce

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. :') Don't mind me, I'm just frustrated with myself for being soooo sloooow. ;p

And BAMComix, I meant to say that I also liked her story, as well as the backdrop you've given her. The colourful plants seem perfect for a Twi'lek exploring a SW planet..

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

BAMComix

BAMComix
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for the encouragement, guys. :')  Don't mind me, I'm just frustrated with myself for being soooo sloooow. ;p

And BAMComix, I meant to say that I also liked her story, as well as the backdrop you've given her. The colourful plants seem perfect for a Twi'lek exploring a SW planet..

I'm sure yours will look amazing! and with the Twi'Lek's you have such a wide variety of colours to choose from bounce bounce ,
Really pleased you enjoyed her brief backstory. I always liked the Twi'Lek's and their struggle through the clone wars against the Separatists, and then of course the Empire and their struggle against slavery. I always figured they become freedom fighters/smugglers or thieves?
Thank you also for the lovely comment about her environment, it seemed fitting for her Very Happy

Ovy

Ovy
Yes man! I guess you are now converted to the Ephiane Cult of Tbleague body coloring. ( Welcome to the cult.)
And first fully customized figure, nice.
Great job, as the others said, and she has that stark contrast of flesh color on lips and around the eye balls like a real
star wars actor in make up. (I guess it takes hours to paint and attach all these latex props etc, never envied the people playing aliens etc on scifi/fanatsy shows)

I guess a painted m33 body customized to the GI Joe head might be a serious possibility now?

GubernatorFan wrote:Whoa... wait a minute. Sinya... as in Slavic for "blue"? Rev and Ovy seem to have started a Russian/Slavic craze when it comes to naming new characters. Wink
It's a craze? Razz  Didn't appear to me that it was that noticeably much, but now you gave it a name so I guess it's a thing.

I mean many many years ago started the craze of having mostly English names in the pop culture so why not.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:It's a craze? Razz  Didn't appear to me that it was that noticeably much, but now you gave it a name so I guess it's a thing.

I mean many many years ago started the craze of having mostly English names in the pop culture so why not.

Ok, how about "trend"? Smile I'm not saying it's bad -- or good -- per se, just noticing it.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Fantastic work, she looks really rugged and ready to blast the hairs off a bantha. Colorful twi'leks will always be the best look.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures!  Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 1f60e

BAMComix

BAMComix
Theboo-bomb wrote:Fantastic work, she looks really rugged and ready to blast the hairs off a bantha. Colorful twi'leks will always be the best look.

Thank you very much, You know, I think she probably could! I agree about the colours, they have such a lrge scope to choose from when deciding on a colour Very Happy

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
That blue is intense and I'm amazed you were able to get such even coverage and saturation on both head and body so they match. Terrific work! I only shaded my Yae (right arm) with artists' crayons (I think those are the same as oil pastels) and it really wasn't all that perfect but close enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum