OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to My Jungle

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Welcome to My Jungle Sat May 01, 2021 8:14 pm

Chip

Hi all , I been working on this mini jungle Diorama , and think I have finished with it . So am also showing you my latest N.V.A figure to pose in it . I might do some more photos of him later and add to my NVA thread later .

Welcome to My Jungle  Net-P1120946

Welcome to My Jungle  P1120967

Welcome to My Jungle  P1120964

Welcome to My Jungle  P1120957

Welcome to My Jungle  P1120955

Welcome to My Jungle  P1120962

Welcome to My Jungle  P1120973

2Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Sun May 02, 2021 2:10 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice jungle. And nice figure, although that snake steals the show.

3Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Sun May 02, 2021 4:20 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic work Chip on the mini dio! it really brings the pic to life. Great looking figure too!

4Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Sun May 02, 2021 5:54 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is really well done. Are the plants real? The figure is really cool and appropriately serious looking. I also like the snake. Pretty cool diorama. I’d almost be tempted to add more plant life in the front as well, to make it look like there’s just a narrow trail through the jungle, but then that might just hide too much of everything.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Welcome to My Jungle  C8485110

5Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Sun May 02, 2021 7:42 am

Chip

Laughing @ Ian , funny how the small animals add appeal and / or humour .

Cheers for the kind words Dal .

Hi Mark , thanks for the kind comments . All the plants are fake plastic , I did add scrunched up real dead leaves to the base , I like your idea of adding plants to the front , it`s something I considered , it`s hard to know when to stop really , in fear of over doing it . It `s my first attempt at such a thing , so am quite happy how it turned out .

6Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Sun May 02, 2021 9:47 am

Ovy

Ovy
That was a great investion of time and work, it will make all your figures shine even more.

About foreground vegetation, I think you might want to make modular pieces you can position in the foreground as you like or leave out for more variation.

7Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Sun May 02, 2021 2:18 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Good work on that little slice of jungle, didn't see the snake until the last photo. Your NVA looks ready to slice that poor snake.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Welcome to My Jungle  1f60e

8Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Mon May 03, 2021 4:29 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
You even put in a prefectly camouflaged Predator! Smile

Nah that is a very cool setting for various figures! like it

9Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Mon May 03, 2021 5:48 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's so awesome to see your figures in such a great diorama! As others have said, it really brings them to life!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

10Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Mon May 03, 2021 6:58 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
This is so well done, even more impressive when taking into account it's your first attempt! The plants actually look like real bamboo cane in scale, and the leaves are the right shape, if a little on the large side (at least for such slender stalks; they might work for thicker bamboo--there are so many types and sizes). Now that you've got a muddy/wet bit of jungle for your troops, you're really going to have to start weathering your figures!  Smile

11Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Mon May 03, 2021 7:10 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Nice work, Chip! That's awesome, definitely will be a useful scene.

12Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Mon May 03, 2021 11:09 am

Chip

Thanks so much for the further kind comments and suggestions . bounce

13Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Mon May 03, 2021 12:56 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
One of the best self made Jungles i´ve ever seen Very Happy The figure is also great. I like the defined musculature. Not so Bodybuilder style.

14Welcome to My Jungle  Empty Re: Welcome to My Jungle Mon May 03, 2021 7:29 pm

Chip

Thank you Ephiane , I have been a NAM fan so many years and it`s always been a struggle to find short skinny 1/6th figures , to the point I don`t worry to much about it . But when they do turn up it`s nice to use them for my NVA and Vietcong . This was a Peter Parker body I used for my " Joker " figure , I hadn`t realised how short the body was till I photographed him next to " Animal " and " T.H.E Rock " figures I done . So the body ended up joining the NVA . Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum