OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6th corrugated roofing Anyone cracked it ?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chip

Hi , has anyone achieved corrugated roofing for 1/6th ? I have seen cardboard peeled apart and used , and way back someone scored some corrugated tiles that looked very good . Any other suggestions from anyone ?

davidd

davidd
For me, the primary challenge has been finding corrugated cardboard that will "peel" cleanly. Even different sides or different sections of the same box peel differently. Sometimes the top paper layer comes off without leaving glue or paper residue, other times it is impossible to get a clean peel.

I have only tried a "dry peel" method. I have not tried moistening the cardboard or using solvents.

1/6th corrugated roofing Anyone cracked it ? Cardboard_tin

A quick misting of grey, brown, and black spray paint adds a basic "weathered tin" look.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Agreed. Corrugated cardboard works fine if the cover can be peeled off cleanly.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Cardboard is probably your cheapest and easiest to get option. That said I've seen corrugated sheets of styrene but they are for trains and small scale stuff like that, could probably work for something else.

As for peeling it, I always moisture the layer I want to peel off since its easier to do, it's not a perfect peel however, sometimes you might get some bits left behind but if you have patience you can pick them off with a pair of tweezers or just leave them and make them part of the weathering.

1/6th corrugated roofing Anyone cracked it ? JOWAq0L

Here's some cardboard I cleaned with the help of a bit of water. Just moisture it with either a sponge or just your hands, let it seep in for about a minute or two then try peeling it off. Do note, not all boxes are created equal and some are designed to withstand moisture and will not peel easy.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! 1/6th corrugated roofing Anyone cracked it ? 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum