OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Elf Archer Action Figure [Black & White] (# PL2021-175 A/B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

doodlehobby

Why couldn't TBL use the ebony skin tone for the black version and make a suitable dark elf head sculpt for it? That would've been something different and unique. I mean, I don't think there have been any ebony dark elves made in 1/6 before. That would have made this more of an awesome set (you know, light vs dark) in my view.

As it stands, the White one does look more 'natural'. Question now is the size... are they actually going to go with their smaller bodies or standard? It would be interesting to see a smaller body figure and not the standard tall bodies.

gooboo

These look like s23s to me, so I don't think it's a special body at all.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
doodlehobby wrote:Why couldn't TBL use the ebony skin tone for the black version and make a suitable dark elf head sculpt for it? That would've been something different and unique. I mean, I don't think there have been any ebony dark elves made in 1/6 before. That would have made this more of an awesome set (you know, light vs dark) in my view.

As it stands, the White one does look more 'natural'. Question now is the size... are they actually going to go with their smaller bodies or standard? It would be interesting to see a smaller body figure and not the standard tall bodies.

All good questions... wish TBLeague were paying attention.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Yeah, it looks like an s23b to me, as well. Unfortunately. :/ 

Good points all around, doodlehobby.

Ghost808

Ghost808
I'd say it's 100% S23B body. The greaves, pauldrons, and bracers are reused, repainted parts from the old Crusader figure. Which also used S23B as a base body. So it stand to reason it'll be the same. Why make the same parts again, but go to the trouble of changing the sizing?

gooboo

Video review is up- looks like it will be shipping soon.

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=376967

As I was hoping, I think the white version head sculpt looks very nice. Going to have to keep an eye on ebay for the next week or so and grab it before the scalpers jack up the price too much.

venator5

venator5
I like the black one myself.

The color theme is more of my type. And I prefer that facial appearance. The other looks kinda a mix between european and asian face to me. But of course anyone is free to prefer things as they like it.

doodlehobby

venator5 wrote:I like the black one myself.

The color theme is more of my type. And I prefer that facial appearance. The other looks kinda a mix between european and asian face to me. But of course anyone is free to prefer things as they like it.
If I had the skills, I would pick up the black one, find a parted out ebony skin tone body that would fit, repaint the head to match and call it a day. Alas, I have no such skill (or funds for that matter) to perform such a feat. LOL

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Doodlehobby, just do it! We need a drow queen, stat!

Not my line but If i had crazy funds I'd get these two, put Asmus Galadriel head on the white with the headpiece & put the fantastic Nut Pizs custom Hela head on the black... good girl Cate versus bad girl Cate!

gooboo

These are getting parted out on ebay now. Up to this point I've refused to pay the scalper's price for various headsculpts, but I suppose it was only a matter of time before I found one that I really liked. I managed to snag the white elf head, not sure if I want anything else from this set.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I think the body + Outfit has a reasonable price.

As for the head, I have already two elvish heads, enough for me Smile

gooboo

Here's a picture of the white version head sculpt. I really like how Phicen did the face on this version, seems like they're really stepping up their head sculpt game.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Elf Archer Action Figure [Black & White] (# PL2021-175 A/B) - Page 2 Head114

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Elf Archer Action Figure [Black & White] (# PL2021-175 A/B) - Page 2 Head215

I forgot to take a picture before I shaved her hair off, so this is what a Phicen looks like bald. Phicen's heads are structured a bit differently than headsculpts from other companies, so you can't just pop off the hair "cap" and replace it without removing the entire back of the neck.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting. I think I like her better this way! LOL

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's a really cute headsculpt, glad you were able to get one. I just absolutely cannot stand that style of elf ear. Elves are a neat idea for tbleague, but why oh why can't they have gone with a different ear design...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

gooboo

Lol, I like her big ears.

Diana

Diana
IIRC this style of ears belongs to wood elves. The ears that are as flat as ours and go up/back are high elves, right? Smile

Gooboo! Curious to see what you'll make of her! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum