OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

Today I made my very first custom painted toy for fun! I used the bootleg Legend Creation Godzilla 2019 as my test subject. He used to be super glossy and black so I tried to give him the color scheme of a Godzilla statue that I liked. Fortunately, it seems like I succeeded! Now I know how fun it is to repaint things.

Since it was my first time, I definitely messed up! A few days ago, I wanted to put red bloody meat on him but somehow, the acrylic paint showed up as more pinkish on his crevices! I was a little disappointed so I rested for a few days before continuing. Then I wanted to lessen his black glossiness, so I used gray soft pastel all over his body and sealed him with Mr. Super Clear. Then today I wanted to get the orange/brownish part on him, so I picked a somewhat orange looking soft pastel chalk, but for some odd reason it turned out as light green lol! That's fine because I kinda liked the light green color so I sealed him again. Then I found the same kind of orange/brown color that actually looked kinda nice and I started using it on him. I decided to extend that color down to his tail just because I liked the color.

Finally, I used nail files to reduce the super sharp and super long bootleg teeth of this Godzilla. It's not yet at the same length of the original 2019 or 2021 versions, but I think it's good enough. I don't want to accidentally fully remove all his teeth lol!

My Color Scheme Inspiration:

My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy Uavhhnf

My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy RcWHJ4T

Final Result:

My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy JrIkpCJ

My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy CtOAdJe

My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy OVAcVU9

My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy KHUN6UD

What the Bootleg Used to Look Like:

Diana

Diana
I really wish you'd use the built in image hosting feature. Your images don't get through my firewall. Crying or Very sad

But I'm sure they look good. Wink

Adeno

Diana wrote:I really wish you'd use the built in image hosting feature. Your images don't get through my firewall. Crying or Very sad

But I'm sure they look good. Wink

Oh so that happens haha Very Happy Now I know we have an actual host here lol!

My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy 00-cus10
My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy 01-cus10
My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy 02-cus10
My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy 03-cus11

Color Scheme Inspired by These Statues:

My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy 88627611
My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy 98900711

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That turned out awesome!!! What an improvement. I love the new colours, they look beautiful. And I'm so glad you've now discovered the wonders of customising!  cheers

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Adeno

Haha thanks, yeah it's quite fun to do! It's satisfying when you start seeing it like you imagined it Smile What amazed me was how far a tiny pastel chalk can go! At first I thought the pastel chalk set I bought (cheapest from amazon, around $7 only) wouldn't last due to how small it was. What I wasn't expecting was a tiny chalk could easily cover an entire 1/12 scale Godzilla because you only needed a few strokes or taps to apply it via brush.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, yeah, true -- one of the benefits to working in smaller scales! :'D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That looks a x1000 better, Adeno. Excellent work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My First Time Customizing/Repainting a Toy C8485110

Adeno

Thank you Very Happy

Diana

Diana
Oh WOW! They look magnificent!! I'm glad I get to see them, thank you! Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sounds like you were already at it for a while, but your first customization worked out beautifully. The improvement on the original look is indeed vast, and you succeeded in replicating something very much like the more realistic effect of your inspiration piece. Excellent result.

Adeno

Thank you! I love the bootleg Godzilla more now haha Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum