OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Some experimentation with computer monitor backgrounds, and the way it lights the scene and figures, setting the overall mood. The backdrops are from some video game landscapes, as well as natural real life environment stock images. They are similar enough to the kind of fantastical settings my characters would inhabit.

Here is some music to also set the mood:

The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii329
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii330
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii331
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii332
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii333
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii334
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii335
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii351
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii337
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii339
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii340
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii341
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii342
(Remember your past, your possible future - how the two could become intertwined within your dreams...or are they 'just dreams'? Time is an illusion for those who manipulate the hands of the clock."
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii343

The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii352
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii353
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii354
KALLIUS: So the Agents of the Dreamstar have resurfaced...little do they know, the Cult of Kallius grows stronger, too... (with every fallen warrior I resurrect from the dead and brainwash...hahahaha...)
OZMOND/ASHTERAN: What would you have me do, my Master?
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii355
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii356
KALLIUS: It is time to make The Call...

The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii344
"Go back to the home where you grew up, you will find an old phone...it is connected to the 'other side' - that special place. Dial this number, and you will find the answers you seek."
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii345
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii346
GHEIZT: Hey Ashora, did you find anything yet? What's with the phone? Does that thing even...work anymore...?
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii347
ASHORA: It's...for you.
GHEIZT: ...?
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii348
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii349
GHEIZT: Hello...?
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) 16237110
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii350

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool photos, and nice music to accompany them. I’m curious to see where this goes.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) C8485110

davidd

davidd
That rusty abandoned machine part makes an excellent figure prop!

Impressively detailed figures, and an engaging series of images!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The level of detail and grit always steal the show, although the complex plot and cool backdrops are an achievement in and of themselves, too.

Ovy

Ovy
davidd wrote:That rusty abandoned machine part makes an excellent figure prop!

Agree, that machine is a real beauty! Love the first pic where the Zombees are just chillin on there.

Astranishing as always.

Scoops looks great with the new helmet. Going classy while still paying tribute to his coney origins through screw horns. I wonder how the black helmet would look with neon color blots on there? Just wondering. And I actually want to cover a helmet in diamond/studs one day but that is another story.
Scoops posing on an improvised throne with a lit carousel behind him gives me New Vegas vibes.

New arm armor for Ashteran? He is wearing a different one on the first pic? I think asymetrical arm.armor is trendy for the post apocalypse.
Nice asymetrical breastplate.

The zombie food plate is a fun idea. It reminds me of a fountain. Imagine it with red water.

That Kallius guy is an absolute beauty. They will probably let Johnny Depp play him.

I like the phone a lot.

Keep on astraversing

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
I never thought to use computer monitors as backdrops but yours look pretty cool! Why would it be against the rules anyway?

Agree with the others, the rusty equipment is perfect for your characters! And that freaky dessert/tea service tray with the body parts is just... freaky! Now everytime I go to full tea service I'll have that image. Gaaah! pale

brassco

brassco
Sorry if i offend you, but when i thought of zombies in 1/6th, I thought of you...so, to me, you are the Zombie Guy!

I call myself the Anime Guy...

BAMComix

BAMComix
Cool story, great pics!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Fantastic photos, and apart from experimenting with backdrops you also seem to have put together some new armor for the protagonist (no, not scoops). The zombie fashion shoot is funny too, I imagine they do a lot of those in order to get so good at them.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) 1f60e

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool photos, and nice music to accompany them. I’m curious to see where this goes.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed both! I think I'm going to continue using this thread for any future random/cool shots or mini-stories, and just experimentation in general.

It is indeed some kind of work of art, I'm not even sure what it used to be, but I found it in the old shed where I'm staying, and it just works. It is EXTREMELY heavy, though, and I'm not able to move it around without some serious effort, but I'm happy it pays off for the end results. The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) 1f606

GubernatorFan wrote:The level of detail and grit always steal the show, although the complex plot and cool backdrops are an achievement in and of themselves, too.

It's a constant work in progress on all of those accounts, that I try to add an extra layer of grit or complexity, or just trying something different with each new installment.

Ovy wrote:

Agree, that machine is a real beauty! Love the first pic where the Zombees are just chillin on there.

Astranishing as always.

Scoops looks great with the new helmet. Going classy while still paying tribute to his coney origins through screw horns. I wonder how the black helmet would look with neon color blots on there? Just wondering. And I actually want to cover a helmet in diamond/studs one day but that is another story.
Scoops posing on an improvised throne with a lit carousel behind him gives me New Vegas vibes.

New arm armor for Ashteran? He is wearing a different one on the first pic? I think asymetrical arm.armor is trendy for the post apocalypse.
Nice asymetrical breastplate.

The zombie food plate is a fun idea. It reminds me of a fountain. Imagine it with red water.

That Kallius guy is an absolute beauty. They will probably let Johnny Depp play him.

I like the phone a lot.

Keep on astraversing

Well since Gheizt, Ashora and Scoops are kind of a team now, I like to think they are going to start sharing/trading equipment and putting their own special touches on them, just to mix and match for new looks. That is a fun idea about giving the helmet some more 'color', I actually had some neon and glow in the dark paints I was planning to use for the next nighttime photoshoot of the ice cream truck, but I went ahead and painted the helmet since that's a fun idea and requires far less work for the time being. I will take some photos of it later tonight when it gets dark. Very Happy

So I was going through some experimentation with the new arm armor throughout the photoshoot, which I scrapped from a pair of 'almost 1/6 scale' knights I had the luck of finding at a local antique mall/indoor flea market. It is also the same place I acquired the old-timey phone, which actually works as a PENCIL SHARPENER. The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) 1f603 That place is filled with all kinds of random junk and it's my new favorite place to scavenge for 1/6 scale accessories and rare finds.
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Img_2379
They are made of real metal. I only 'dissected' one of them, I think I'm going to keep the other one intact because it's just cool to have around.

The day after I took those photos, it rained and I had that EXACT idea for something like a 'blood fountain,' I will likely revisit that idea in the future.

A few people told me Kallius has the Johnny Depp thing going on, either from his roles as Edward Scissorhands or the vampire in Dark Shadows. I can definitely see it and don't mind, he would be perfect for the role. lol

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:I never thought to use computer monitors as backdrops but yours look pretty cool! Why would it be against the rules anyway?

Agree with the others, the rusty equipment is perfect for your characters! And that freaky dessert/tea service tray with the body parts is just... freaky! Now everytime I go to full tea service I'll have that image. Gaaah! pale

I figured it was some kind of fancy dinner food tray, I swear I end up using the most random things as props but they somehow work out in the end.

brassco wrote:Sorry if i offend you, but when i thought of zombies in 1/6th, I thought of you...so, to me, you are the Zombie Guy!

I call myself the Anime Guy...

Aw man, really? Just because of that last photo story with the zombies being introduced?! I like to think all of my other work is inspired by anime to some degree too. Most of the earlier character designs I started out drawing in a knockoff anime style, before they were ever recreated in physical 1/6 form. But I do tend to divert from the ideal archetypes.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Fantastic photos, and apart from experimenting with backdrops you also seem to have put together some new armor for the protagonist (no, not scoops). The zombie fashion shoot is funny too, I imagine they do a lot of those in order to get so good at them.

Thank you, it was my first time using screen backdrops and I was afraid some of the lighting reflections may not work out, but it seems to be a rather successful experiment. The next challenge is going to be finding the right balance of light for nighttime scenes.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That phone pencil sharpener is an amazing and unique find! The knights/suits of armour are great, as well. Glad you could scavage such cool items for your band of scavengers. Very Happy

And the screens as backgrounds is always a great solution. Perhaps now that my husband got himself a new larger tv screen, I can actually do that myself at some point. ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
skywalkersaga wrote:That phone pencil sharpener is an amazing and unique find! The knights/suits of armour are great, as well. Glad you could scavage such cool items for your band of scavengers. Very Happy

And the screens as backgrounds is always a great solution. Perhaps now that my husband got himself a new larger tv screen, I can actually do that myself at some point. ;D

It's a great and easy way to instantly put our characters in different settings, and I actually kind of wish I had a bigger screen too, then I would be able to do more full-body shots without having to hide the gaps with props!

But anyway, here is a little update. I made another great find a couple weeks ago before I found that tiny phone, and have been waiting for the right opportunity to photograph it. Scoops also gets some more playful attention since he didn't get as much the first go around. Enjoy!

The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii357
The rocking chair is slightly larger than the average 1/6 scale figure, but works quite well with the M36!

The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii358
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii359
KALLIUS: "Enough 'small talk,' I'm trying to take care of some serious business!!!"
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii360
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii361
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii362
SCOOPS is still a kid at heart. 🤍
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii363
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii364
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii365

*He's 'Pretty Fly For A White Guy'! (Yes, listen to the song by The Offspring for Scoops' scenes, it's funnier) Most girls can't resist him!!*

The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii366
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Faceap38
The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii367The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) Lumii368

davidd

davidd
Oooh, a Corsair! Black Sheep Squadron!

Fun sequence!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Funny shots. The rocking chair is a tad oversized, but it’s still cool, and makes him look a bit like a little kid. Scoops seems to be enjoying his toy airplane.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Agree, while the rocking chair would be oversized and weird in any other context, it totally works in the Astraverse. A regular sized rocking chair might even be boring in the Astraverse.

So glad to see the neon camo on Scoops helmet!

The first 1:72 plane I built was a corsair, haha.

I like the sequence when they play around, it looks like they don't know if they are innocent or grown up.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those are some cool finds and yeah I too would keep one of those knights intact, they look very interesting. The little plane is neat, specially when you got your two characters playing around with it.

As for the rocking chair specifically, I'm pretty sure it would have had one of those creepy dolls and then at night it would rock by itself  The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) 1f62c.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Astraverse - A Series of Events (UPDATED w/ Rocking Chair and Model Airplane shenanigans) 1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
Now I know, we need Kallius looking at us from that rocking chair in Fisheye Perspective.

E: And add old timey music box music and a big twisted fairytale tome on his lap.

"Children, it is time...for another story from...THE ASTRAVERSE!!" *TWISTED CIRCUS MUSIC*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum