OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NAM RTO

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NAM RTO  Empty NAM RTO Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 9:29

Chip

Hi all ,

Here is My Marine RTO ( Radio Telephone Operator ) . He has taken the place of my previous RTO who has rotated home .  Very Happy   I have another in the making , but will likely be a while before he shows up for active duty .

Along with Officers , Medics and M.60 Gunners , RTO`s were prime targets for the NVA and Vietcong . After all they could call in artillery and air support along with Medevacs ect . Most RTO`s tried to hide the fact they were carrying radios , often carrying the radio inside a pack , and as here bending the areal over , some bent it round in half into a loop , though this method could cause snags on the bush . The RTO`s were pretty much on the officers heels , normally an L.T . Along with the radio , they still had to carry a rifle , ammo and gear to survive in the bush . The long pouch strapped to the side of his pack frame , contains a long range areal . Strapped to the other side is a Gas mask bag , these were often used to carry other stuff instead of a Gasmask . I printed off a spare battery box , which sits between his Butt pack and Poncho . ( Thanks to Pickle Monkey for the print design )  . Like the hand set , this has been wrapped in polythene to keep out the damp and or dust  . A selection of Smoke grenades are hooked to the radio , these were used to show their position when calling in medevacs or air strikes . Scratch made note book and pencil , and printed map . Hope you like him .

NAM RTO  1-P1130276

NAM RTO  2-P1130243

NAM RTO  3-P1130248

NAM RTO  4-P1130270

NAM RTO  5-P1130282

NAM RTO  6-P1130288

NAM RTO  7-P1130291

NAM RTO  8-P1130384

NAM RTO  9-P1130391

NAM RTO  10-P1130386

NAM RTO  11-P1130387

NAM RTO  12-P1130399

NAM RTO  13-P1130305

NAM RTO  14-P1130336

NAM RTO  15-P1130345

NAM RTO  16-P1130368

NAM RTO  17-P1130355

2NAM RTO  Empty Re: NAM RTO Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 9:45

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Awww man, he looks great! Nice work on the gear. He's loaded, but not overloaded.

3NAM RTO  Empty Re: NAM RTO Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 11:12

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks absolutely excellent. I cannot say I can remember every piece well enough to compare objectively, but probably your best work I've seen.

4NAM RTO  Empty Re: NAM RTO Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 11:25

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome figure, I really like his loadout, the weathering on the radio is just perfect, subtle yet revealing nice details, and the patina on the M16 is gorgeous as well!

Thanks for sharing!

5NAM RTO  Empty Re: NAM RTO Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 12:58

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What a cool figure. As others have said, the gear is awesome, the weathering top notch. Along with your other recent ‘Nam figure, these guys are the best so far.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NAM RTO  C8485110

6NAM RTO  Empty Re: NAM RTO Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 14:10

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Great figure and reminds me, that I have to finish my NAM kitbashes

7NAM RTO  Empty Re: NAM RTO Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 14:42

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Very nice. Love the plastic bag on handset. Mine has that and something I did when ran the re-enacting unit…nice to learn about the gas mask bag too, didn’t know that. Really nice looking RTO Smile

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

8NAM RTO  Empty Re: NAM RTO Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 15:28

Ovy

Ovy
Glad to hear your other RTO made it home safely! Let's hope he will get there too.

Agree, this is one of your most detailed and atmospheric works yet. Beautiful tiny storytelling details. That bent antenna As always great educational historic bits.

How funny to see this posted today, because just today I received a package from a customer who wants her LeBron head to be modified.
NAM RTO  IMG-20210623-115710-2

It is actually one of the most versatile characters, as there are many versions of LeBron, shouting, screaming, and grinning versions with different beards etc. Imagine this guy screaming into his phone while under fire.

9NAM RTO  Empty Re: NAM RTO Thu 24 Jun 2021 - 4:21

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stunning work again Chip! He looks amazing!

10NAM RTO  Empty Re: NAM RTO Fri 25 Jun 2021 - 18:36

Chip

Thanks so much for all the kind comments and compliments , they are so very appreciated . Very Happy

11NAM RTO  Empty Re: NAM RTO Sun 27 Jun 2021 - 12:28

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a great RTO, I really like all your Nam figures, Chip. They are really well put together and all the little details that you add are beautiful.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! NAM RTO  1f60e

12NAM RTO  Empty Re: NAM RTO Mon 28 Jun 2021 - 20:25

Chip

Theboo-bomb wrote:That's a great RTO, I really like all your Nam figures, Chip. They are really well put together and all the little details that you add are beautiful.

Thank you . Very Happy I am glad you like my figures ,it`s very complimentary .

13NAM RTO  Empty Re: NAM RTO Tue 29 Jun 2021 - 9:23

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Nice work and great attention to detail.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum