OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

Today I have for you guys the latest mess I've gotten myself into. So let's start at the beginning, I was looking for motorcycles on ebay about a week ago, from there I somehow got into searching for larger vehicles like jeeps and from there somehow I found myself searching for sand buggies (I think) ultimately I ended up in a short list of hasbro Chenowth, produced sometime in 2000. The Chenowth is one of those things I always wanted back when it released, what is there to not love about it, it's a cool looking sand buggy, it's big and it's heavy, well not this one, it had a rough life, it was missing the third passenger seat along with it's rollcage, it's spare wheels where gone and along with it the roof, the steering wheel was not only gone but broken and as a bonus it had some cracks along the cargo space that made it slump at the back a little but that didn't matter because it was cheap!

Fast forward some time I've been working on this little thing whenever my patience runs thin from putting together molle pouches and getting them to sit well. My plans for it where to enclose the motor area, build a windshield and add a few details to make it look a bit more techy or something. My original materials where going to be clear acrylic sheets however I didn't feel like working with any strong glues or epoxy in order to glue them so I chose some cardboard and super glue which to my surprise, was just as bad because apparently the plastic used in the roll cage reacts to it, good thing I had a fan nearby but in any case that was a bad experience.

Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 SQdJsgk
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 O8k3rnX
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 Emafwwk
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 O1JCpaE
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 So2HDMN
Removed the support for the third passenger seat, how it looked didn't matter to me much, either way it would be hidden by the cargo space.
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 9jezXw8
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 NLQiyCY
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 EQENQpC
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 EeJmG5z
The new steering wheel, or steering handles? Made from Lego pieces and a barbie bike handle bar, it turns and it can be removed which is great because I have to straighten it and paint it. Most of the other details I have finished haven't made it onto the car and the few ones that are need to be painted and weathered a little. So far the seats will remain as is.

As a little bonus here three figures I've been working on over the past couple of weeks.
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 8j8H28T
Can't really show them completely as they are still a bit unfinished. But for now that's a little snippet of what I've been working on. For now stay safe out there and have some fun.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 1f60e

Chip

Brave man to continue , I hate smelly glues and paints . I hope you show us the improvements as you go . Looking good so far .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad to see you are rescuing this damaged vehicle, and it is soon going to be used by not one but three new and modern looking figures.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Chip wrote:Brave man to continue , I hate smelly glues and paints . I hope you show us the improvements as you go . Looking good so far .

Thanks Chip, I wouldn't say brave, more like stupid but at the time I didn't know super glue would react to the plastic, I know it reacts to cotton and some fibers but I never had it react to it... or maybe it's the cardboard. I plan on sharing how it goes this is the first time I work on modifying vehicles.

GubernatorFan wrote:Glad to see you are rescuing this damaged vehicle, and it is soon going to be used by not one but three new and modern looking figures.
Thanks Gubernator. At the time I bough it cause it was cheap but once  it arrived and I saw how beaten up it was I felt like I had rescued a puppy, poor thing was probably going to get scrapped for parts.  I already have who will drive this thing, those three free lancers are for something else.  Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 1f60e

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks like quite the project. Keep those windows open. Should be cool when finished. Looking forward to seeing the three new characters.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic work! I really like what you have achieved cheers

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That is quite a heroic undertaking! Looking forward to seeing more pics of it once finished...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks like quite the project. Keep those windows open. Should be cool when finished. Looking forward to seeing the three new characters.

Thanks Stryker, I'm moving it outside to the balcony, not doing the same mistake of chemically boxing myself. Soon I'll be uploading some more stuff about the car, maybe post the figures too.

BAMComix wrote:Fantastic work! I really like what you have achieved cheers

Thanks BAM, I hope I can transfer my mental image of how I want it to look into reality.

skywalkersaga wrote:That is quite a heroic undertaking! Looking forward to seeing more pics of it once finished...

Thanks Skywalkersaga, I hope to finish it soon and maybe even look for a nice dusty outdoor place to take some shots, mostly cause It doesn't fit on my scenery. Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 1f605

Ephiane

Ephiane
That´s a fantastic project ! Can´t wait to see the next post. Ther´s so much stuff You can use that for. There are real little bumpers and so on...

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Ephiane wrote:That´s a fantastic project ! Can´t wait to see the next post. Ther´s so much stuff You can use that for. There are real little bumpers and so on...

Thanks Ephiane, there's plenty of ideas on what I could add, the question is do I have the skills to put them into motion. Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 1f62c

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some more WIP stuff, wanted to share what little I have put together, still wondering how to put the inside of the cab in terms of what stuff I want, got plenty I could put in but until I finish the inside I can't move to making the windshield or else it's going to be really hard to do.

For now I've finished the engine compartment and made a spare wheel out of some foam and an old T-shirt. I still need to smooth out some of the roughness  and add an extension to the muffler.

Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 4cszxyx
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 MRQg1ko
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 CcNXZTy
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 HVZ0JTN
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 X7axNGn
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 My1Ko3G
Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 MXdbCHS
I imagine this thing just roaring in some plains in the good ol US of A, some made up names from a made up story. Not the greatest drawer in the world, specially when the fabric has texture and it bumps the paint pen around, regardless it's slowly taking shape... now onto the cab and the the finishing touches and detailings.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool. I actually like the “custom” look of the wheel cover. Very nice.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Pimp my ride: Boo-Bomb edition - More WIP shots, July/11/2021 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It seems to be coming along. It's nice to see you pay so much attention to detail and take it slow.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Really nice work, looking forward to seeing more Very Happy

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty cool. I actually like the “custom” look of the wheel cover. Very nice.

Thanks Stryker, It was going to be black but I decided to add some color to the overall build.

GubernatorFan wrote:It seems to be coming along. It's nice to see you pay so much attention to detail and take it slow.
Thanks Gubernator, so far I'm doing little bits that I hope to stick together, I have already realized how I want it to look though I've stumbled into a problem.... my driver (dragon body + head) is too tall and his head slightly pops out of the vehicle.

BAMComix wrote:Really nice work, looking forward to seeing more Very Happy

Thanks BAM, I'm going to pull a blizzard and say Soon, taking it slow as I want to add some details.

Chip

I can see this turning out very nice , you are putting a lot of work into it , which looks skilled . Well done .

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Chip wrote:I can see this turning out very nice , you are putting a lot of work into it , which looks skilled . Well done .

Thanks Chip. Time and patience is the only way it will look good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum