OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

rollotomasi

@Zurdoz, no apologies for keeping this thread going.
I for one like to see her in different casual outfits more so that they're based on actual comic art.
I have this figure but refer to her as Warbird.
What I'd like is the classic Ms. Marvel with the retro short blonde fly away hair, red top, red scarf,
so your pic with the red long sleeve top is a good start (but exposed mid-riff version would always be best of course).   Wink

Zurdoz

rollotomasi wrote:@Zurdoz, no apologies for keeping this thread going.
I for one like to see her in different casual outfits more so that they're based on actual comic art.
I have this figure but refer to her as Warbird.
What I'd like is the classic Ms. Marvel with the retro short blonde fly away hair, red top, red scarf,
so your pic with the red long sleeve top is a good start (but exposed mid-riff version would always be best of course).   Wink

Thank you! NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 1f600

Yep! Warbird too! Very Happy

BINGO!! You read my mind! I would really like to see Super Duck make a classic red/blue suit Ms. Marvel!!! I wouldn’t mind the exposed mid-riff either.

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 GcwFcpX

And then I could pretend it’s Carol from TA:EMH too!!

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 3sxKg9Z

rollotomasi

@Zurdoz, I only knew of Mike Deodato, Jr. when he drew Wonder Woman, I wasn't aware he drew Capt Marvel, well since I'm more of a DC guy. I really like his style.

Warbird was standing unsupported for months. I moved her in the shelf to make way for WW84 and in a few days i found her leaning backwards and saw the HEEL!
I already fixed it with hot water but now have to give her a stand and I really want to avoid using those waist grabbers / crotch supports.
I'm was thinking of giving her a "third leg", a thick wire that I'll run down her long diaper-ish sash, or... maybe I'll just follow you guys with the flight stand, I'm just wary of how the clamp will affect the rubber suit in the long term.

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 Bent_h10

csyeung

rollotomasi wrote:@Zurdoz, I only knew of Mike Deodato, Jr. when he drew Wonder Woman, I wasn't aware he drew Capt Marvel, well since I'm more of a DC guy. I really like his style.

Warbird was standing unsupported for months. I moved her in the shelf to make way for WW84 and in a few days i found her leaning backwards and saw the HEEL!
I already fixed it with hot water but now have to give her a stand and I really want to avoid using those waist grabbers / crotch supports.
I'm was thinking of giving her a "third leg", a thick wire that I'll run down her long diaper-ish sash, or... maybe I'll just follow you guys with the flight stand, I'm just wary of how the clamp will affect the rubber suit in the long term.

Oh, glad you mentioned this. Although i use a waist grabber myself, hidden behind her sash. something to be in the lookout for.

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
rollotomasi wrote:@Zurdoz, I only knew of Mike Deodato, Jr. when he drew Wonder Woman, I wasn't aware he drew Capt Marvel, well since I'm more of a DC guy. I really like his style.

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 Bent_h10

Same! I knew of him from WW comics, but was surprised when I was going through reading Ms. Marvel comics after watching the Marvel movie!

Well that’s a given, given your Zatanna profile pic, no?  Wink

Oh yikes! Glad you were able to easily fix it. Presumably the weight of the heavy seamless body put a lot of pressure on the heels, perhaps those should’ve been die-cast and the mask made of plastic lol I have mine supported on a stand, and no issues that I can see.

Also I couldn’t resist and bought the last set from Ekia hobbies  What a Face

csyeung wrote:

Oh, glad you mentioned this. Although i use a waist grabber myself, hidden behind her sash. something to be in the lookout for.

Yep I have mine on a waist grabber stand too!

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
I wished this set came with more hands, but I picked up some other gesture hands separately Smile

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 ByV2JYG

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 Ghj0g9a

I also wanted to try out some different heads that I thought would also look great for Ms Marvel!!! Very Happy

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 C1JJfpl

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 FbKlGBD

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 ZiDEals

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 UMf6Yei

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 DHS4uWl

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 Na2jjJ0

Diana

Diana
NICE! I like the gesture hands as well as the alternative heads, though I would stick to the Russian model. I don't think the heavy make up on the TBL head (Spartan Army Commander?) is a good match, but I don't really know the character all too well. The second one is kinda reminiscent of the cover you posted earlier... I like it!

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Diana wrote:NICE! I like the gesture hands as well as the alternative heads, though I would stick to the Russian model. I don't think the heavy make up on the TBL head (Spartan Army Commander?) is a good match, but I don't really know the character all too well. The second one is kinda reminiscent of the cover you posted earlier... I like it!

Yep! I do agree, the SDH025 Russian is my favorite, but I thought to try others I had gotten before when I was making a Captain Marvel Smile Yeah the heavy makeup of the Spartan Army Commander (silver ver.) does look a bit out of place, but I imagine the comic character would be wearing makeup if she had to be suddenly called into action Laughing The second one is from the CooModel HS001 Pantheon Athena, and much agreed, I think it also works! Smile

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I think the sterner expression on the Spartan Army Commander is a good fit for Carol Danvers, but I agree that the heavy makeup is a bit much. The Athena head doesn’t have quite enough emotion. I agree that the Russian head sculpt you’ve been using is the best.

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Xavion2004 wrote:I think the sterner expression on the Spartan Army Commander is a good fit for Carol Danvers, but I agree that the heavy makeup is a bit much.   The Athena head doesn’t have quite enough emotion.   I agree that the Russian head sculpt you’ve been using is the best.

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 1f44d NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 1f44d NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SET066 COSPLAY Surprise Supergirl Head Sculpture Clothing Accessories Set - Page 3 1f44d

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum