OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nobody Likes You, Sadistik!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:08 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
It doesn’t take many “Phicen” searches before you get tired of seeing this guy, does it?

Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! 44-F841-BF-BA71-4207-B86-D-A76-A5-F9-CB150

I wish Robyn Hood and La Muerta we’re this readily available.

2Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:48 am

Diana

Diana
I've never seen this guy before, but I totally agree on La Muerta.

3Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:31 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, poor Sadistik. Those taglines are just so incredibly cheesy I can't even.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:17 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here’s some info on the character if anyone’s interested:

http://doubleosection.blogspot.com/2009/08/comic-con-movie-review-diabolikal-super.html

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! C8485110

5Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:34 am

Skippy

I got a bunch of the 1967 Turkish films.

I found Turkish to be very easy on the ear!

Kilink Istanbul'da (Killing in Istanbul)
Kilink Ucan Adama Karsi (Killing vs Flying Man)
Kilink Soy Ve Oldur (Killing Strip and Kill)
Sihirbazlar Krali Mandrake Kiling'in Persinde (Killing vs. Mandrake)

Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Kilink_in_istanbul_da_dvd_cover

Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! 123456-killing-vs-the-flying-man-0-230-0-345-crop

Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! MV5BYmQxMzIwMDctOGFhNy00Mjk4LTgyM2MtMTA5ZjE0Y2I0NzNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI2OTA2NjM@._V1_

Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! MV5BOTU1MDQzMjUtNGE4Yi00YTVkLTk3NTItNGY1ODkxMjc2OGYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUxNjc5NjY@._V1_

When ER first announced the figure I was tempted for a little while.

6Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:34 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is the first I see of this. I'm not familiar with the source material, and I don't know what it says about taste or creativity that some turn to resurrecting such relatively obscure and distant works, from this "Euro-sleaze" to the Romanian Comrade Detective, so I will not comment on that. The figure looks accurate to the character, which means it accomplishes its goals, even if the look is a little dated. The slightly stylized unmasked head looks good too, whether or not it is accurate.

7Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:33 pm

davidd

davidd
Ha! I had zero interest in the fig when I first checked this topic, but now, after seeing those DVD or magazine covers...

... well... no... I still don't need the figure, but it's cool that it was issued, and I appreciate Xavion's original post because it prompted Asta's entertaining reply!

How much do they cost? The fig, I mean?

About $150 USD on eBay.

And yeah, apparently "nobody likes you" is accurate. This fig seems to be readily available for a pre-TBLeague circa 2014 release.

Would a figure that old, under the Phicen name, have the older plastic armature?

8Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:43 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:Would a figure that old, under the Phicen name, have the older plastic armature?

Well, neither the source nor the figure are really my cup of tea, and I certainly don't have any of the older Phicen male sets (I do have the more recent Steve Reeves Hercules, Alexander, and Barbarian Soul). That said, 2015 is the year when they introduced their first male seamless body (I think), and that had a steel skeleton -- I double-checked by review of M30 and M31 (HERE). M30's product number (PL2015-M30) does indicate 2015 as the time of production, but that does not, in itself, guarantee that this body was either available or utilized for this set (I think the first set to do so was their first Death Dealer). It doesn't really look much like there is an M30 inside that skeletal clothing, either, though I might be mistaken. Whether or not they were already experimenting with the leaner and taller M31 body (produced as a base body in 2016, judging by its product number), I don't know, but I'm not sure that could be in there either. So, it is possible the internal skeleton is not steel but plastic. However, it is also possible that this is a hard plastic open jointed body to begin with, and not a seamless at all. I'm not sure Phicen had male seamless bodies before M30.

9Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:54 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:So, it is possible the internal skeleton is not steel but plastic. However, it is also possible that this is a hard plastic open jointed body to begin with, and not a seamless at all. I'm not sure Phicen had male seamless bodies before M30.

Here's a not-very-thorough but way over-long video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Z3seoIU9Y

The reviewer does not show the body, but at one point states "it is a Phicen body" (yeah, how unhelpful is that?). Shortly after he states that it is the "older plastic armature," and opines that it would be less durable than the steel armatures.

This is the only review of the figure I was able to find.

10Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:14 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Well, if even one Sadistik gets sold, I’ve accomplished something with this thread.

In fact, now that I think about it, maybe I should round them all up myself and let a gang of 20 to 30 Sadistiks loose in the toy room. It will give my girls something more pressing to do than nitpick each other. 😂

11Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just watched the review. Apparently only the torso is squishy, while the arms and legs are conventional hard plastic open-jointed limbs. This sort of combination was found (and perhaps is still found) in some other bodies out there, but at any rate, this confirms that it will not be a real seamless body (not even one with a plastic endoskeleton).

12Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:32 pm

davidd

davidd
Xavion2004 wrote:Well, if even one Sadistik gets sold, I’ve accomplished something with this thread.

Aha! You've tipped your hand! You're actually Sadistik's evil sidekick, aren't you?  pirat

Xavion2004 wrote:In fact, now that I think about it, maybe I should round them all up myself and let a gang of 20 to 30 Sadistiks loose in the toy room.

Or, round them all up, create an impression of scarcity to drive up the price, then gradually release your stash back on to the market at a tidy profit.  Twisted Evil

GubernatorFan wrote:Just watched the review. Apparently only the torso is squishy, while the arms and legs are conventional hard plastic open-jointed limbs. This sort of combination was found (and perhaps is still found) in some other bodies out there, but at any rate, this confirms that it will not be a real seamless body (not even one with a plastic endoskeleton).

That sounds like an unattractive combination, although I suppose it wouldn't matter too much in a figure meant to be displayed in a full-body costume. I suppose it represents one of the first steps toward the seamless bodies of today. There has been significant evolution in the seamless bodies in just a few years.

I'll admit, I did not have the patience to sit through the entire review. It did appear to me, however, that the visible part of the neck post was a shiny plastic, which suggested to me that it was hard plastic. But then I caught the line about the body being soft and having a plastic armature, so I thought it might have been a trick of the lighting. Thanks for taking the time to watch the review more closely.

While I'll pass on Mr. Sadistik myself, I'm looking forward to the pics of thirty of the little buggers running rampant in Xav's toy room! cheers

(I like the use of a "k" in each word that should be spelled with a "c" in Sadistik's advertising. Razz It reminds me of how Bratz dollz advertising used to put a "z" at the end of every word that would normally end in "s.")

13Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:That sounds like an unattractive combination, although I suppose it wouldn't matter too much in a figure meant to be displayed in a full-body costume. I suppose it represents one of the first steps toward the seamless bodies of today. There has been significant evolution in the seamless bodies in just a few years.

Yeah, I skipped ahead to where he was showing the body, and he was appropriately discussing its features there. I listened long enough to catch the additional information, although he didn't really go into much detail, and his terminology was ambiguous. The way he described what he was feeling reminded me a bit of the CM Toys (apparently = Coo Model) Roman gladiators from a few years back, except I think those had seamless arms as part of the torso. In modern terms, I think it is more likely to be a bit like those DAM or Soldier Story (?) bodies that have a rubbery seamless neck and chest, except that does not extend farther below. But as you point out, it usually doesn't make a difference when it is fully covered up as here. Before seeing the review I did not realize that the skeletal mask was actually a cloth mask -- thought it had two alternate heads, one masked, one unmasked.

Correction: Never mind about the CM Toys gladiator bodies... just realized they were also seamless over the knee, although otherwise the legs had an open joint where they joined the torso.

14Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:03 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
and once again i learned something new, neither was i aware of the obscure source material nor the age of the figure when i casually skipped it, browsing my usual retailer a few months ago.
with even these figure seeing the light of days, maybe we'll get a louis de funes "fantomas" someday Wink

15Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:34 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Well that's interesting. Never thought I would see a Turkish character being made into a figure, maybe there's still hope for El Chapulin Colorado. Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! 1f604

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! 1f60e

16Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:11 pm

Skippy

Theboo-bomb wrote:Well that's interesting. Never thought I would see a Turkish character being made into a figure, maybe there's still hope for El Chapulin Colorado.  Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! 1f604

He was originally an Italian villain that appeared in lurid photo comics in the 1960s.

In the early ‘60s, a distinctive anti-hero theme emerged in Italian comics. It was typified by Diabolik and Kriminal—both masters of disguise, and both thieves who preyed upon other criminals. Diabolik came first, in 1962, and Kriminal followed in 1964, adding the wrinkle that the protagonist was also a remorseless killer.

And in 1966, Killing blew both of them out of the water. The title character swiped Kriminal’s costume—a skeleton costume topped with a skull mask—but Kriminal’s was bright yellow, and Killing sported a more standard Halloween-issue black and white union suit. Killing (a/k/a Satanik, a/k/a Sadistik, a/k/a Kilink…) further upped the ante in the violence department by eschewing comic book style drawings in favor of photo illustrations, so all the violence was represented graphically with Grand Guignol theatrical effects. The resulting book was misogynistic as hell and utterly without redeeming value, so naturally it became a trans-oceanic phenomenon, published under the various names listed above not just in Italy, but Germany, Belgium, and several South American nations.

A selection of the lurid comic covers, and the violent photo stories:

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/lurid_covers_from_killing_the_transcendentally_trashy_european_murder_comic

Diabolik got his own bigger budget film in 1968:

Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! MV5BNDI4NWJhZjMtZjNlMS00MDYxLTgyMGEtNTFjNjY4ZDgwYTA5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_

Directed by Mario Bava, with music by Ennio Morricone, and featuring none other than Terry Thomas, Danger: Diabolik! was a real swinging sixties affair.

17Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:48 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome to the forum, Xavion. Great Character and pictures. No One ? No. I like him. Without bad guys, good guys are just..... guys ? Smile

18Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:59 pm

davidd

davidd
I wasted so much time looking at "Danger:Diabolik" images after seeing that post!

And looking through images of the Sadistik photo-comics! Live-action comics: what a cool concept! Altho' in this case, obviously targeting a specialized niche market.

19Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Empty Re: Nobody Likes You, Sadistik! Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Skippy

davidd wrote:I wasted so much time looking at "Danger:Diabolik" images after seeing that post!

The film is quite an experience. Pure '60s psychedelia.

Diabolik has a penchant for Jaguar E-Types, and there's a few on-board camera shots of him racing that will become reminiscent of Claude Lelouch's 1976 street racing film, C'etait un rendez-vous.

John Phillip Law, who played the angel, Pygar, in Barbarella, plays the devilish Diabolik with such intensity, with those manic eyes! His mask is so skin tight that it looks like it's painted on, until his girlfriend peels it off.

He lives in a James Bond-like huge secret underground lair, which is apt since the mobster, Valmont, is Adolfo Celi, who was Largo in Thunderball.

The soundtrack is raucous, yet catchy.

(After referring to C'etait un rendez-vous, I remembered the classic car chase movie, Bullitt which shared the year 1968 with Danger: Diabolik. Both films released in the UK within days of each other in January 1969).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum