OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:38 am

KamenRider2049

Hi everyone! I'm trying to make a 1/6 not-necessarily-accurate Shaggy Rogers from Scooby Doo.
These 4 heads are somewhat available online. I already have the T-Bag one to start with.
I'm actually kinda liking it as an older Shaggy w/ receding hairline and shorter hair.

What would be your take from any of these 4 heads?
- Knepper as T. Bagwell from Prison Break (I have this)
- Stan as Barnes from MCU (ex$$$pensive af)
- Reedus as Dixon from TWD (hard to find a quality one)
- Reeves as Wick (ebay)

(Also, there's sculpts that look like the hipster Shaggy from the Scooby Doo Apocalypse comics, but I'm not too fond of the look.)

Any preference to what might be the best look for a 1:6 Shaggy? Thanks for any input.

Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? XeQr0HS

2Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Re: Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:35 am

Seven Pillars

Seven Pillars
My choice would be the Reedus one tho all of them look too grim to be Shaggy. Maybe the Shaggy you have in mind has gone thru a lot of suffering? Don't tell me he lost Scooby?!

3Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Re: Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:21 am

Diana

Diana
My choice would be Knepper. He doesn't look as miserable /angry as the others and I actually think the shape of his face is almost perfect! I'd consider rehairing him. Alternatively the hair is easily lightened to a more Shaggy-like color.

4Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Re: Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:55 am

Skippy

I consider this question on and off, to add Shaggy and Fred to my Velma, Daphne and Scooby.

However, I haven't yet seen a sculpt that sells it to me. The issue is partly that most sculpts resemble famous people, and the only real person I identify with Shaggy is Matthew Llillard.

Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Latest?cb=20200216001154

An alternative look is the Shaggy from the Scooby Apocalypse comic series. But he's quite different from his classic appearance, as he's so spruced up:

Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? 91XBiF+UGhL

5Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Re: Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:02 am

blackpool

blackpool
Well I think I would go with reedus, or sebastian stan, tho he would need more work, and his beard might be a bit too strong with that dark color... Have you considered a headsculpt of Jim Carrey? There are few from "the Mask" and "Ace Ventura" era, so he was much younger and could fit the Shaggy character pretty well.

6Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Re: Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:45 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't have a particularly strong feeling about this one (not being overly familiar with the show), but I would say go with Reedus. I realize this is probably influenced by the movie version, in which Shaggy was played by Matthew Lillard, and there is some resemblance between Lillard and Reedus. The again, this Reedus head sculpt has facial hair, and Shaggy did not (in the TV cartoon or the movie)...

7Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Re: Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:27 am

davidd

davidd
I don't know if it's an advantage or a disadvantage to not be familiar with any of the actors (other than Ted Theodore Logan) or characters (old and grumpy Ted Theodore Logan) of the head sculpts you pictured, but to my eye, the top left one - is that Knepper as T. Bagwell - is the closest to a classic "Shaggy" look. Similar face shape, and he's got the right beard:

Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Shaggy_scooby
Zoiks!

Perhaps repaint the hair, giving it a brown-going-grey look, to suggest an aging Shag. Or... this could be an opportunity to learn to re-root! Sad

8Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Re: Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:46 pm

KamenRider2049

A million thanks for your feedback and suggestions, everyone! 🙏🙏🙏
Looks like I can go 2 routes as far as the face goes: accuracy vs creative license.
Either way, he'll need some other basic Shaggy markers (eg green shirt, brown pants, black shoes).
In the end, the entire team may be an alternative post-apo style version of the gang.

@ Asta, the closest sculpt that looks like the Scooby Apocalypse version is this below, which isn't too bad if one wanted to go that route. Would love to see your Vel, Daphe, and Scoob.
Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? S-l500

9Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Re: Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:25 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I like the Reedus. He’s kind of like the Riverdale take on the Archie gang. It would be fun to see something like that done.

10Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Re: Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Skippy

KamenRider2049 wrote:@ Asta, the closest sculpt that looks like the Scooby Apocalypse version is this below, which isn't too bad if one wanted to go that route. Would love to see your Vel, Daphe, and Scoob.
Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? S-l500

That's a pretty good match for Apocalypse Shaggy!

For Fred I was thinking of the upcoming VTS Starship Trooper:

Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? 22__51542.1609946626

Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? 24__13762.1609946627

My Daphne and Velma are using the Flirty Girl Mystery Girl clothing sets:

Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? 49586276983_b8e287d88c_o

Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? 49586769296_04663543bb_o

Both bodies are the VeryCool FX05B Suntan Big Breast, but for Velma I removed the feet and ankle pegs and pushed the legs into Asmus' Bank Robber Joker shoes so she's really short. The sculpt is the cheap Hasbro Qi'ra from Solo, with Hot Toys' Jim Gordon glasses which slide under the hair.

I struggled to find a youthful sculpt with the right hair for Daphne, so ended up DAM's IDF Nachshol girl. From the front I can get away with the hair, but as seen in the mirror she has a long braid.  

Scooby is Mr. Z's Great Dane, with the collar painted and his tag made from a 1x1 Lego tile.

11Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Re: Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:06 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That VTS head is perfect for Fred. Good call, Asta.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? C8485110

12Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Re: Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:18 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Well that's going to be interesting, If you are going for post-apoc shaggy then that bearded head is spot on.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? 1f60e

13Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Empty Re: Best Shaggy Rogers headsculpt? Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:23 am

KamenRider2049

Gotta echo Stryker's remarks. The VTS looks like a great fit.
BTW, great start to the gang, Asta! I should snap some WIP shots of mine soon.
I bought the same Great Dane figure. I want to repaint it but I'm a bit of a chicken. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum