OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice needed to match Henry C head to a body

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MX-V

MX-V
Hi,
I'm hoping for advice help. I owe a friend a big favor and she has a thing for Henry Cavill as Superman.
Especially with facial hair. So...I told her I'd get her Henry.
I've seen the Henry with facial hair, but I was hoping some has advice on the body size.
I want him to look as proportionate as possible and also color matched as best also. I would imagine suntan or wheat, not pale.
I know color most likely with be off, but if anyone has experience with this, please chime in.

Thank you,
Mark

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The HT (or knockoff) head sculpts of Henry Cavill are generally a reasonably close match to the TBLeague male suntan skin tone (for example on M33, 34, 35).

A bearded Henry Cavill head on a TBLeague M33 body:
Advice needed to match Henry C head to a body Tblmhc10

Another Henry Cavill head on a TBLeague M33 body in set 7 in this very photo-heavy review of M35:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t247-tbleague-phicen-m35-updated-photo-heavy

Note: these heads are usually relatively wide at the base, which means you might need to stuff the rubbery necks to make them look good.

MX-V

MX-V
Thank you so much GF, She will love this.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
When it comes to skin tone matching, it’s always a challenge. Most of the time, it’s A LOT of trial and error. The Guv is right on this one, the Suntan is going to match the best, since he already has one of the bearded knockoff heads. In future, my advice is get the head you are interested in, and then go from there. Lighting in pics can be very deceiving when it comes to actual color, and more times than I care to count, I’ve gotten heads that don’t match any bodies, and cameras have a nasty habit of pointing out that no matter how close I think the color matches to the body I’ve chosen (in hand), they don’t match much at all. It doesn’t help, of course that the heads, hands, and feet (if removable), are made of different materials. (By the way, I must have at least a hundred heads and no body to match them; it’s the unfortunate nature of this hobby).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Advice needed to match Henry C head to a body C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You are very welcome. This bearded head works well with the current TBLeague suntan, but not with the very first TBLeague body (M30) which was lighter and greyer. Some of the genuine HT heads (which are not bearded), especially the most recent ones, would be a bit too pale, but they might match M30 (actually I got a third party one recently that does). Of course, I don't know what body your friend is planning to use, and there would be some variety in skin tone. The non-seamless bodies might be an additional challenge, when it comes to accommodating the wide base of the head (neckhole), as stiff plastic cannot be stuffed to expand as needed.

And Stryker is completely correct to point out that different light and different camera/camera settings can make a lot of difference in how it appears.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum