OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anna got a new Jeep!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Anna got a new Jeep! Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:36 am

Dienamic

Dienamic
We finally finished Anna's yellow Jeep. She loves it! She also made some new friends...

Anna got a new Jeep! <a href=Anna got a new Jeep! 51292274435_50a0eead5d_k0703211134_HDR by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />
Anna got a new Jeep! <a href=Anna got a new Jeep! 51291265326_f671d0058e_k0703211135_HDR by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />
Anna got a new Jeep! <a href=Anna got a new Jeep! 51291449338_8b361e414d_k0704211249a_HDR by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />
Anna got a new Jeep! <a href=Anna got a new Jeep! 51291449788_4cb2bf4007_k0704211302_HDR by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />
Anna got a new Jeep! <a href=Anna got a new Jeep! 51291263441_1b9bc14004_k0702211630a_HDR by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />
Anna got a new Jeep! <a href=Anna got a new Jeep! 51292273935_a611b3aab6_k0702211638_HDR by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />

2Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:07 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Wow it looks so good!!! Love it! and that outdoor photgraphy is awesome again!

Thanks for sharing

3Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:02 pm

Seven Pillars

Seven Pillars
Absolutely stunning paint job. Just the right shade of yellow. And the thicc wheels totally modernizes its look. Why not the spare as well, tho?

The pic with Anna hugging the Jeep is cute.  Anna got a new Jeep! 1f617 btw can the crate in the back be removed?

4Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:44 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Beautiful scenery, and great lighting and poses! Glad she is happy with her new Jeep (and friends!) :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great job with the jeep, and very nice outdoors photos of your characters having fun. I think they are ready to hunt some trolls. Smile

6Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:09 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool keep, and I really dig all these outdoor shots. She always seems to be enjoying herself, no matter the situation.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Anna got a new Jeep! C8485110

7Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:16 pm

Dienamic

Dienamic
Seven Pillars wrote:Absolutely stunning paint job. Just the right shade of yellow. And the thicc wheels totally modernizes its look. Why not the spare as well, tho?

The pic with Anna hugging the Jeep is cute.  Anna got a new Jeep! 1f617 btw can the crate in the back be removed?
Thanks everyone for the kind words. The small grey box is one I 3d printed and can be removed. The larger one under it provides clearance for the battery so it cannot. I have seen it done but I do not think it worth the extra effort. I plan on putting an expidition box back there to hide a sound module anyway. I also still need to fab up a rollcage...

The spare is original mostly for weight savings. If you hang weight off the back of these rigs they do not 4wd well. Those wheels and tires weigh more than you think. It keeps the rigs "planted" with the weight low. It gets tippy with weight up high and that leads to broken bits. Lol

8Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:09 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I continue to be amazed at how everything appears to be in scale.

The paint job is beautiful. I love the extra detail around the rivets to simulate just a little bit of rust. You want the jeep to look like she takes good care of it, but you also want it to look like she’s not afraid to use it the way it was intended to be used. You stuck a very nice balance there.

It’s interesting to see the SW Toys Tanya (Big Mama) in action next to Anna. I’ve run across her on a few different vendor sites when window shopping, but I think this is the first time I’ve seen her outside of that.

9Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:48 pm

Dienamic

Dienamic
Xavion2004 wrote:.It’s interesting to see the SW Toys Tanya (Big Mama) in action next to Anna.  I’ve run across her on a few different vendor sites when window shopping, but I think this is the first time I’ve seen her outside of that.
Thank you for the kind words. Concerning Big Mama... I think she would be a better static display figure. Anna is the better by far for posing. Most of it comes down to clothes I think. Tanyas jump suit is very close fitting and it limits her movement. She is well made and the face sculpt reminds me of some of the generic ones I see on amazon. She has minimal kit. A belt, a pouch, a Mauser pistol with holster, & a set of goggles. She has a full set of hands but her gloved hands pull the peg out of the arm (even with a little heat applied). I have a tbleague body coming that I am going to transplant her bits to... Hope this helps!

10Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:33 am

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Tours by jeep are always interesting.
Who or what are they hunting?

11Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:15 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool! reminds me of the Joe's AT vehicles back in the day! brilliant work and wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing Very Happy

12Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:58 am

csyeung

csyeung
Jeep looks great! Well done!

13Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:23 am

Seven Pillars

Seven Pillars
What brand of paint did you use? I'm assuming it's spray-painted instead of brushed, going by the smoothness.

14Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:57 am

Dienamic

Dienamic
Seven Pillars wrote:What brand of paint did you use? I'm assuming it's spray-painted instead of brushed, going by the smoothness.

I am trying my hand at airbrushing so most everything was done with craft acrylic.  Some of the finer details were hand brushed with a mixture of Tamiya and Testors. I painted miniatures years ago so that skill had to be drug up from the back of my mind. Very Happy

15Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:05 am

Pia community

Pia community
Anna congratulations on the beautiful vehicle Very Happy

16Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:49 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
I fell in love with Anna ! Maybe we will see a video clip of one of Your vehicles driving in the mud soon ? Wonderful location and the warband on the move is spectacular

17Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:51 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
I fell in love with Anna ! Maybe we will see a clip of one of Your vehicles driving in the mud soon ? Wonderful location and the warband on the move is spectacular.

P.S. : take care by hunting trolls. There are trolls near by the swamp.... Wink

18Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:37 pm

Dienamic

Dienamic
Ephiane wrote:I fell in love with Anna ! Maybe we will see a clip of one of Your vehicles driving in the mud soon ? Wonderful location and the warband on the move is spectacular.

P.S. : take care by hunting trolls. There are trolls near by the swamp....  Wink

Again, many thanks for the kind words. Embarassed

You can see some vids on my Instagram if you play on that app. slo_troll_rc

19Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:15 pm

Dienamic

Dienamic
Playing around with captions.  Could anyone recommend an Android app?  I have comica but would like a little more control over the balloons.

Anna got a new Jeep! <a href=Anna got a new Jeep! 51298226308_9786895deb_hcomica1625745858166 by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />

20Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:22 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Dienamic wrote:Playing around with captions.  Could anyone recommend an Android app?  I have comica but would like a little more control over the balloons.

Anna got a new Jeep! <a href=Anna got a new Jeep! 51298226308_9786895deb_hcomica1625745858166 by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />

Very Happy Nice!

21Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:51 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
What a great looking jeep The wheels really set it apart. Love those tires. Grear work.

22Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:05 pm

Dienamic

Dienamic
My favorite shot of Anna today. She is sporting her new hat. Gifted to her from someone in Afghanistan I think.  She was taking a break on the trail. Anna got a new Jeep! <a href=Anna got a new Jeep! 51302800676_7826c73737_k0710211445c_HDR by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />

23Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:17 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
But ... what happened with the Troll Hunter label? Smile

24Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:31 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:But ... what happened with the Troll Hunter label?  Smile

Anna received a “Cease and Desist” letter from DreamWorks’ attorneys.

25Anna got a new Jeep! Empty Re: Anna got a new Jeep! Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:39 pm

Dienamic

Dienamic
GubernatorFan wrote:But ... what happened with the Troll Hunter label?  Smile
I was not pleased with the look of it. I hand cut the stencil and you could tell. I'll bring it back but it has to look acceptable. Maybe my daughter could cut it with her cricket...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum