OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Photogrammetry with Monsterarts Godzilla 2019

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

Just sharing a new fun activity I discovered to be highly entertaining, photogrammetry! The idea is to take pictures of a subject from multiple angles and a photogrammetry software will transform those pictures into a 3D object. In this case, my subject is Godzilla. I don't have a lot of working space so I couldn't really take pictures of his backside, so his 3D model is missing chunks there. Still, anyone with a decent room can probably produce better results that what I can. Smile Other potential uses for this is that you can rig this 3D model of your toys and animate them using software such as 3DS Max, Maya, or even Blender. You can even 3D print parts, which I imagine would be useful if you need extra joints to replace broken ones.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting project. And you did start with a very complex object and very complex surface.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting. I’m not all that software tech savvy, so I don’t know how useful this would all be for me, but I’m excited to see what you do with this.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Photogrammetry with Monsterarts Godzilla 2019 C8485110

Diana

Diana
Interesting! I would use it to scan a head sculpt and then give it a different face. Though I have yet to familiarize myself with 3D sculpting software like Blender. Learning curve has been too steep for my patience...

Adeno

Photogrammetry is very interesting and fun! Anyone with a phone can do it. It does seem complicated at first, but once you try it out, it suddenly all makes sense Smile Some people even use drones to make 3D models of homes, churches, even entire cities!

Making new headsculpts with different expressions is definitely a good idea! Let's say you have a headsculpt that's too neutral looking and you want to give it some attitude, you can definitely do this, load the model in a program and do the changes there, then 3D print the result. I think the most time consuming part will be polishing up the created model because it's hard to get a perfect model right away.

I managed to get the same technique to work in a video game lol! But since my character has this idle animation where he keeps breathing, his arms and shoulders got quite deformed, like a melting TBLeague body! I'll see if I can fix him up or change/add to his body using Zbrush (my preferred digital sculpting program) Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum