OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: FFVII Play Arts Kai Jessie Rasberry 1/6 Action Figure: Pre-order

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ghost_Rider_1970

Hi everyone,

I'm so very sorry if this has already been posted, where I have recently come across this pre-order for Jessie Rasberry on the Square Enix official website. It is due for release around May 2022 and comes in three versions:

1) Jessie on her own for £119.99
2) Jessie with her motorcycle for £239.99
3) Jessie with her motorcycle and Cloud for £349.99

I am so very interested in at least purchasing Jessie on her own. Although I was wondering if Super Duck or any other manufacturers may produce head sculptures, as I would like to get a seamless body by TBLeague to go with my Tifa and Aerith figures.

Do you think this could be be a possibility at all? Alternatively, are the head sculptures interchangeable and would it be easy enough to remove the head from the Play Arts Kai figure and put it on a TBLeague body (where I appreciate it may be difficult to get her attire)?

With very kind regards
Paul

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Ghost_Rider_1970 wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm so very sorry if this has already been posted, where I have recently come across this pre-order for Jessie Rasberry on the Square Enix official website. It is due for release around May 2022 and comes in three options:

I am so very interested in at least purchasing Jessie on her own. Although I was wondering if Super Duck or any other manufacturers may produce head sculptures, as I would like to get a seamless body by TBLeague to go with my Tifa and Aerith figures.

Do you think this could be be a possibility at all? Alternatively, are the head sculptures interchangeable and would it be easy enough to remove the head from the Play Arts Kai figure and put it on a TBLeague body (where I appreciate unless it may be difficult to get her attire)?

With very kind regards
Paul

Head removability isn't your problem (though it may be a problem): scale is the problem.  Play Arts has used two different scales, but even their larger scale figures are something like 1/8 scale, not 1/6.       This particular Play Arts figure is 24.62 cm, 9.7 inches.  You could probably MacGyver something to get the Play Arts head onto a TBL body but the proportions would be way off.  TBL did recently make some smaller bodies but they aren't meant to be for smaller scale, rather they are for teenagers or anime waifs, so she wouldn't look proportioned right, plus she couldn't really go with any other figures.

I'm not sure if there are any FF Jessie sculpts out there, maybe someone can chime in if there are.  It does sound like the kind of thing Super Duck would do.  And Jessie's face is not that distinctive apart from maybe the hair, so there may be some other sculpt that is generally suitable/convertible.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Ghost_Rider_1970 wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm so very sorry if this has already been posted, where I have recently come across this pre-order for Jessie Rasberry on the Square Enix official website. It is due for release around May 2022 and comes in three options:

Do you think this could be be a possibility at all? Alternatively, are the head sculptures interchangeable and would it be easy enough to remove the head from the Play Arts Kai figure and put it on a TBLeague body (where I appreciate unless it may be difficult to get her attire)?

With very kind regards
Paul

Head removability isn't your problem (though it may be a problem): scale is the problem.  Play Arts has used two different scales, but even their larger scale figures are something like 1/8 scale, not 1/6.       This particular Play Arts figure is 24.62 cm, 9.7 inches.  You could probably MacGyver something to get the Play Arts head onto a TBL body but the proportions would be way off.  TBL did recently make some smaller bodies but they aren't meant to be for smaller scale, rather they are for teenagers or anime waifs, so she wouldn't look proportioned right, plus she couldn't really go with any other figures.

I'm not sure if there are any FF Jessie sculpts out there, maybe someone can chime in if there are.  It does sound like the kind of thing Super Duck would do.  And Jessie's face is not that distinctive apart from maybe the hair, so there may be some other sculpt that is generally suitable/convertible.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313389110777 I’ve bought from this seller and they do good work overall. You’ll need to put in the effort to really make it into Jessie (painting, hair, accessories), but it’ll go nicely for 1/6th.

I do have that Jessie from PlayArts on preorder but I’m in no way expecting her to go with my TBL figures. Way too small.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum