OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

csyeung

Whoa this guy is massive!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Haven't seen any pictures with the matching Malavestros side by side.  Not sure whether that size difference will look dramatic or ridiculous, given that Malavestros is just under 10".  I suspect that most displays will rely on one of the TBL figures at @12", Gethsemoni or the Kiers, to transition the size differences.

The fact that neither TBL nor Threezero has announced any more Court of the Dead figures since these were promo'd long ago (and despite all those other designs pre-existing as statues) could be a deterrrent.

Valiarde

Thanks guys for the comments. Always a fan of in hand pics on this board, glad I can contribute.

javier1986 wrote:Mine will take time to arrive at my home. I have mixed feelings about this release. On the plus side, the structure, carvings, and details appear to be excellent. On the downside, the paint application seems to be just 'ordinary', the long arm seems to be especially weak in this regard.
Overall, I'm happy, because with patience and the right paint application, this will be a +10 figure. I have mixed feelings about having to pay Hot Toys prices for a figure that needs work to reach that price level.
A dioarama base, hours of painting and possibly a replacement of some materials (I'm starting to think about a new realistic chain mail for example), will do the job.

True - I think I might also enhance this figure a bit. The details look great on the armor etc. And I always like if you can do some own work on a figure (as much as I like some perfect ones from the go) 
I think you will love this figure if you are a fan of Court. Like, I really like his appearance but couldn't help to feel a tad dissapointed with the plastic feel and smell. 
Can't wait to see your improvements for this figure. Chainmail replacement is tricky I think.

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Haven't seen any pictures with the matching Malavestros side by side.  Not sure whether that size difference will look dramatic or ridiculous, given that Malavestros is just under 10".  I suspect that most displays will rely on one of the TBL figures at @12", Gethsemoni or the Kiers, to transition the size differences.

The fact that neither TBL nor Threezero has announced any more Court of the Dead figures since these were promo'd long ago (and despite all those other designs pre-existing as statues) could be a deterrrent.

I think the size differences are kinda cool, if you display them all together. I don't have anything else from this line (thought about a Kier, they are pretty cool) and definately won't get Malavestros (especially for that price), as I will be underwhelmed by its plastic parts as well.  Smile

SirTurner

Edit...Arrived today. Amazing figure that far exceeded expectations. I customized the eyes, giving them the look of the first premium format. He is very poseable. the details are impressive, the metal effect of the armor is well rendered by the coloring. It just needs a base  and maybe a little dirty effect on fabrics if you want to create a more "lived-in" effect.NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure - Page 2 20221210

30NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure - Page 2 Empty update... Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:30 pm

SirTurner

SirTurner
Some pics with the custom base and other add…NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure - Page 2 Demith10
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure - Page 2 Demith11
NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure - Page 2 Demith12

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great idea to bring out the eyes. And the base looks beautifully dreadful. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is really cool. Nice work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Threezero & Sideshow: 1/6 "Court of the Dead" - Demithyle Action Figure - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very striking horror figure!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

SirTurner

SirTurner
Thank you. The next step is to create a helmet or mask, which I would have liked to have included as an alternative head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum