OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shoes for seamless male bodies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shoes for seamless male bodies Empty Shoes for seamless male bodies Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:08 pm

turntotheleft

I could use some tips for locating shoes appropriate for seamless 1/6 male figures.

I own a few seamless male bodies (TBL and Jiaou,) and I've been trying to pick up shoes for them. I goofed recently and ordered a Wild Toys set with shoes and a head that are seemingly incompatible with the bodies I own: hard plastic slip-on shoes rather than solid "pop onto a ball joint" shoes.

I've also come to realize that online listings often don't say anything beyond "compatible with 1/6 bodies," which I'm realizing isn't actually helpful, since there doesn't appear to be a universal standard. Some listings also don't indicate an intended gender for shoes, but I'm assuming that's a factor given sizes are likely to be different.

- Do you have any tips for purchasing shoes that would be compatible with the seamless 1/6 male bodies currently on the market? Anything I should watch out for?

- Are there separately-purchasable feet that would pop onto a seamless body's ball joint but be sized appropriately for slip-over plastic shoes like the ones I bought?

2Shoes for seamless male bodies Empty Re: Shoes for seamless male bodies Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:33 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
turntotheleft wrote:I could use some tips for locating shoes appropriate for seamless 1/6 male figures.

I own a few seamless male bodies (TBL and Jiaou,) and I've been trying to pick up shoes for them. I goofed recently and ordered a Wild Toys set with shoes and a head that are seemingly incompatible with the bodies I own: hard plastic slip-on shoes rather than solid "pop onto a ball joint" shoes.

I've also come to realize that online listings often don't say anything beyond "compatible with 1/6 bodies," which I'm realizing isn't actually helpful, since there doesn't appear to be a universal standard. Some listings also don't indicate an intended gender for shoes, but I'm assuming that's a factor given sizes are likely to be different.

- Do you have any tips for purchasing shoes that would be compatible with the seamless 1/6 male bodies currently on the market? Anything I should watch out for?

- Are there separately-purchasable feet that would pop onto a seamless body's ball joint but be sized appropriately for slip-over plastic shoes like the ones I bought?

You can get some ideas from the various installments in this thread:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1403-clothing-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-updated-part-xxv-june-27-2021

In general, TBLeague male feet are too large for most sixth-scale footwear designed to fit on the actual foot of a figure. If you must use this type of footwear, switch to feet from other companies like World Box, DAM, or ACI. They might fit, especially with some help (heating them up first if the fit is too tight or wrapping some electrical tape on the steel ankle peg or interposing some elastic cord if the fit is too loose). The same goes for shoes intended to fit directly onto the ankle peg.

Usually sixth-scale feet are available from breakdowns (parting out) of existing sets. Look at eBay, Monkey Depot, Toy Anxiety, Black Ops Toys.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum