OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Exo-6: Captain Kathryn Janeway 1/6 action figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
"Abandon Ship? The answer's ‘no.’ I'm not breaking up the family."

EXO-6 is proud to bring everyone’s favorite Starfleet captain to their line of 1:6 scale articulated collectible figures. Now announcing the next Decorated Captain...Captain Kathryn Janeway, that will spearhead the Voyager line at EXO-6.

The first female captain to headline a Star Trek series, Kathryn Janeway shepherded the USS Voyager through the Borg-infested Delta Quadrant and safely returned her crew home after seven successful seasons. Janeway would not hesitate to defy Starfleet protocol and lead away missions herself, even into a Borg cube where she’d make sure she’s the last one out. She led her crew as a wise single parent, even guiding the holographic Doctor and the former Borg, Seven of Nine, into growing and learning what it meant to be human. Kate Mulgrew’s portrayal of the brave and resourceful; yet warm and vulnerable captain endeared her to the millions of fans that cite Voyager as their favorite Star Trek series.

As seen in the later seasons, Janeway is depicted with her traditional shoulder-length hair, and she has a bit of the sassiness that Mulgrew brought to the character.

This 1:6-scale figure re-creates this iconic character in exquisite 1:6 detail. Standing approximately 11 inches tall, every element, from her 24th century jumpsuit to her custom black boots, is authentically reproduced. The original portrait sculpt of Kate Mulgrew as Captain Janeway has an authentic, hand-painted likeness.

The EXO-6 Janeway 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure includes:

Fully Articulated Body: More than 30 points of articulation allow the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses, approximately 30 cm tall.
Realistic Portrait: Janeway’s portrait is lovingly rendered by top artists, with an excellent likeness of Kate Mulgrew in her role as Voyager’s captain. Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted.
Starfleet Duty Uniform Jumpsuit: Meticulously researched, this duty uniform matches the pattern, and color of the original costume recreated in 1:6 scale. Magnets are sewn into the uniform so the holsters for the tricorder and phaser can be attached. An authentically scaled communicator badge is permanently affixed to the tunic.
Boots: Soft plastic boots sculpted to match the cut and style of the original series footwear.
Display Base: A hexagonal display base featuring the transporter pad will provide additional support for the figure. Two different inserts for the floor of the base can represent the transporter pad or the center of the transporter array.
Equipment

Captain Janeway is outfitted with everything needed for a Star Fleet officer. She comes equipped with:

Type II hand phaser. The phaser can be worn in a black holster that magnetically attaches to the jumpsuit.
TR-590 Tricorder X: This standard tricorder can be opened or worn in a holster.
Phaser rifle: Compression Phaser rifle used by the Voyager crew.
Coffee cup: “Coffee, black.” Kathryn couldn’t start her day without her signature beverage.
This fine collectible figure is a perfect rendition of the best captain in the history of Starfleet and a great addition to your EXO-6 Star Trek™ 1:6-scale figure collection.

Height: 11.8 in, (30 cm)
Materials: ABS, PVC, natural and synthetic fabrics.
Art Box Dimensions: 13.9 x 7.7 x 3.6 in (35.3 x 19.6 x 9.1 cm)
Prototype shown, actual product may vary.

#newproduct #Exo-6 #StarTrek #Voyager #CaptainJaneway #female #Sci-Fi #TV

davidd

davidd
"The best captain in the history of Starfleet."

Well, I guess there's some enthusiasm behind the new release.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I don't know how true that is (to me, it will always be James T. Kirk -- no question), but she did sell out in less than an hour on the Exo-6 website (of course, that could just mean they plan to make fewer of her than some of the other figures).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice to see more female characters that aren't big breasted and have lots of exposed skin. Not sure about the head sculpt. From some angles it looks very good.

According to this, ST:TNG was the most popular series so Picard is the most popular captain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2014/03/28/these-graphs-prove-star-trek-the-next-generation-is-better-than-the-original-series/

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
shazzdan wrote:Nice to see more female characters that aren't big breasted and have lots of exposed skin. Not sure about the head sculpt. From some angles it looks very good.

According to this, ST:TNG was the most popular series so Picard is the most popular captain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2014/03/28/these-graphs-prove-star-trek-the-next-generation-is-better-than-the-original-series/

Well, so much NO!  I think the Washington Post was being a bit tongue and cheek, but it would be pretty absurd to rank popularity of different series decades apart by a chart of IMDB episode ratings.  The math would be absurd.  It isn't a common pool of people being ranked, so eg watchers of Spongebob Squarepants might be much quicker with a "9" or "10" than say watchers of Breaking Bad.  It doesn't even keep track of how many people did each ranking, so it could be 10 people ranking TOS episodes vs 10,000 ranking STTNG, or vice versa.  For those two particular shows it would be weirdly skewed since the STTNG shows were ranked on IMDB contemporaneously but the internet itself didn't exist at the time of TOS so they are being ranked years after the fact.  And anyway, even if STTNG was the most popular Star Trek series, it wouldn't automatically make Picard the most popular Captain.  STTNG cycled through episodes centering on about 10 characters, while TOS was always Kirk-centric with an occasional Spock episode.  Which is to say, Kirk all the way, baby.

Totally agree with Shazzdan's other points.  Happy to see the character, but boy it really looks different to me from some angles vs others.  Credit and props to Exo-6 for going into Voyager but avoiding the obvious temptation to go first for big breasts and sex appeal, but I assume 7 of 9 is next.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ok, I have to confess that I am not enough of a Trekkie ... sorry, Trekker Smile ... to remember her vividly, but I think they did a good job capturing her from at least some angles. And I am happy to see a "serious" female figure for a change. Given the appeal of Star Trek, I think they did not need to go for a very limited production run -- this was going to sell -- whether for itself or for kitbashing. If I were going for this figure, I would have liked to see "real" hair -- the hairdo is just long enough to try -- and to be worth it. Also, if this is really 30 cm tall, I think they made her rather too tall. It is hard to tell what she is wearing, but it is not high heels. I looked up the actress and she is only 5' 5" = 165 cm = (1/6 scale) 27.5 cm.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:Ok, I have to confess that I am not enough of a Trekkie ... sorry, Trekker ....

If you remember the Trekkie/Trekker debate, I think you fall well in to the demographic, whichever term you prefer! Razz

Trekker never really caught on, though, did it, despite the best efforts of the hardcore fans?

Did Voyager really last for seven seasons? scratch (I'm obviously not the target audience for this action figure.)

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Also, if this is really 30 cm tall, I think they made her rather too tall. It is hard to tell what she is wearing, but it is not high heels. I looked up the actress and she is only 5' 5" = 165 cm = (1/6 scale) 27.5 cm.

You can't always go by the actual actor height -- for example Shatner wore boots with 2" heels (where everyone else wore 1") in order to reduce the gap with 6' tall Leonard Nimoy. But I suspect Mulgrew's actual 5'5" is about right for Janeway, given that onscreen she looks to be about 3" shorter than 5'8" Jeri Ryan playing 7 of 9. Hopefully Exo-6 will maintain some height differential when they make her and the other characters.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here’s a couple extra shots that folks may find interesting.

The second is clearly a teaser of what is to come from Exo-6.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:

The second is clearly a teaser of what is to come from Exo-6.
Something is seriously wrong. The text says that she is 30cm tall so the male figures here are significantly taller than that. Hopefully the text is wrong and Janeway is actually shorter than 30cm.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Sisko looks to be the coolest (in action figure terms) out of that quartet.

Deep Space Nine was the only Trek show I committed to (because it was the least Trekkie/Trekky), but even so I wouldn't even attempt to argue that Sisko was the best/most popular Captain.

No alternative hair-in-a-bun sculpt option for Janeway? I wasn't a regular Voyager viewer, granted, but I thought that was her signature look throughout.

I hope they release a Neelix soon!  Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:If you remember the Trekkie/Trekker debate, I think you fall well in to the demographic, whichever term you prefer! Razz Trekker never really caught on, though, did it, despite the best efforts of the hardcore fans?

LOL, no. It just means I've watched Fanboys. Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:You can't always go by the actual actor height -- for example Shatner wore boots with 2" heels (where everyone else wore 1") in order to reduce the gap with 6' tall Leonard Nimoy.  But I suspect Mulgrew's actual 5'5" is about right for Janeway, given that onscreen she looks to be about 3" shorter than 5'8" Jeri Ryan playing 7 of 9.  Hopefully Exo-6 will maintain some height differential when they make her and the other characters.

Agreed, but that's why I was looking at the shoes. There isn't much here to lift her very high up.

shazzdan wrote:Something is seriously wrong. The text says that she is 30cm tall so the male figures here are significantly taller than that. Hopefully the text is wrong and Janeway is actually shorter than 30cm.

Perhaps the quoted 30 cm height is just the overall indication for sixth scale then?

shazzdan

shazzdan
GeeWillikers wrote:I hope they release a Neelix soon!  Laughing

Neelix annoyed me almost as much as Jar Jar Binks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Maintenance in progress
  • Maintenance en cours : Actualiser Retourner à l'index
    Le service est actuellement en maintenance et sera à nouveau disponible d’ici quelques instants.
    Vous trouverez des informations utiles sur notre Forum d'aide. Nous vous prions de nous excuser des désagréments occasionnés. Merci de votre compréhension.
  • Maintenance in progress : Refresh Return to index
    We are actually proceeding a maintenance and will be back in a few minutes.
    You will find useful informations on our Support forum. Sorry for any inconvenience that may be caused by this maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
  • أحلى منتدى تقوم الآن بعملية صيانة للخدمة ينتج عنها انقطاع مؤقت للإتصال. بضع دقائق فقط و تعود الخدمة إلى طبيعتها فالمرجوا الصبر
    للمزيد من المعلومات المرجوا اللجوء الى منتدى الدعم و المساعدة الرسمي. نعتذر عن الإزعاج المسبب و نشكرك مسبقاً على تفهمك
  • Wartungsarbeiten : Aktualisieren Zurück zum Index
    Diese Seite wird gerade gewartet. Wir sind in ein paar Minuten wieder für Sie da. Nähere Informationen finden Sie in unserem Supportforum. Wir entschuldigen uns für die entstandenen Unannehmlichkeiten und hoffen auf Ihr Verständnis.
  • Mantenimiento en curso : Actualizar Volver al indice
    El servicio está actualmente en mantenimiento y estará disponible dentro de un momento.
    Encontrarás informaciones útiles en nuestro Foro de soporte. Disculpanos por los problemas ocasionados. Gracias por tu comprensión.
  • Manutenzione in corso : Aggiornare Ritorna all’indice
    Il servizio è in manutenzione pero sara di nuovo disponibile in un istante.Troverete informazioni utili sul Forum dei forum. Ci dispiace per l’inconvenienza causata. Vi ringraziamo per la comprensione.
  • Технические работы на сервисе : Обновить страницу Вернуться на форум
    Извините, из-за технических работ сервис временно недоступен – он возобновит свою работу через непродолжительное время.
    Вы можете получить дополнительную информацию на нашем Форуме поддержки.
    Мы приносим извинения за временные неудобства и благодарим вас за понимание
  • Manutenção em curso : Atualizar Voltar ao Índice
    O serviço está em manutenção e estará disponível novamente em poucos instantes.
    Veja informações úteis em nosso Fórum de suporte. Queira nos desculpar pelos inconvenientes causados. Obrigado pela compreensão.
  • Mentenanta in curs : Actualizeaza Inapoi la index
    Serviciul este in acest moment in mentenanta dar va fi din nou disponibil in cateva momente.Veti gasi informatii utile pe Forumul de suport. Ne cerem scuze pentru inconvenienta creata. Va multumim pentru intelegere.
  • 維護中 : 刷新 返回首頁
    服務器維護中,我們的服務將在幾分鐘內恢復。
    非常抱歉給您帶來不便,您可以通過互助中心了解相關信息。非常感謝您的理解與支持!
  • 维护中 : 刷新 返回首页
    服务器维护中,我们的服务将在几分钟内恢复。
    非常抱歉给您带来不便,您可以通过互助中心了解相关信息。非常感谢您的理解与支持!
  • Sorunlar düzeltilmekte : Yenilemek Ana sayfaya dönmek
    Simdilik bu siteye ulaşamazsınız, bir kaç saniye sonra sayfa tekrar acılacaktır. Daha fazla bilgi için Yetkinforumun bedava yardımlasma sitesine gidebilirsiniz. Verdiğimiz rahatsızlıktan dolayı özür dileriz. Teşekkürler.