OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Star Man: 1/6 heroine suit MS-006 (not including body)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

londonroadhog

GubernatorFan wrote:

No idea. Too bad, it sounds like maybe it is not making it into production, or for some reason they are flying under the radar and you might be surprised to see it reappear once in stock. But I wouldn't hold my breath. If it disappeared from Monkey Depot, that is a bad sign. You are arguably luckier that you hesitated and did not order it -- unless your one pre-order would have shifted the trend and ensured its production. But I honestly don't know. It was better than so many other things out there.

I did wonder, there was a SuperGirl from WarStory recently, I preordered, then bottled out when the China sellers started sending those Preorder letters (Do they still do that? I've not preordered since). Then that one seller seemed to suddenly sell out of them, and poof, they were all gone too. I think it was actually a planned re-release that never happened.

Maybe my one order would have tipped the balance on the Star Man version. But I don't know. I'll keep an eye out from time to time.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

actionfiguremovies2

It is available here:
https://www.ekiahobbies.com/star-man-1-6-heroine-female-accessories-ms-006/

londonroadhog

actionfiguremovies2 wrote:It is available here:
https://www.ekiahobbies.com/star-man-1-6-heroine-female-accessories-ms-006/

Thanks for that... I've ordered it, we will see what happens.

Trev270

Anyone have any idea when this is shipping? I have it preordered. Last i heard, it was showed to come out q1 of 2022...

londonroadhog

Trev270 wrote:Anyone have any idea when this is shipping? I have it preordered. Last i heard, it was showed to come out q1 of 2022...

I am wondering too. I've just emailed EKIAHobbies to try to find out. But I also see there are a ton of these out on ebay now, some from the normal sellers, and some from what appears to be direct StarMan sellers. If EKIA aren't going to have them soon, I'll cancel, as the shipping cost from USA to UK was abismal!

Trev270

I am wondering too. I've just emailed EKIAHobbies to try to find out. But I also see there are a ton of these out on ebay now, some from the normal sellers, and some from what appears to be direct StarMan sellers. If EKIA aren't going to have them soon, I'll cancel, as the shipping cost from USA to UK was abismal! [/quote]

Yeah, it's like they just forgot about it or something. Let me know what they tell you, be curious when to expect this thing. I really like the look of this. Already have the body to put it on.

londonroadhog

Trev270 wrote:I am wondering too. I've just emailed EKIAHobbies to try to find out. But I also see there are a ton of these out on ebay now, some from the normal sellers, and some from what appears to be direct StarMan sellers. If EKIA aren't going to have them soon, I'll cancel, as the shipping cost from USA to UK was abismal!

Yeah, it's like they just forgot about it or something. Let me know what they tell you, be curious when to expect this thing. I really like the look of this. Already have the body to put it on.[/quote]

Just heard back from EKIAHobbies. Here's the quote from their email: we just received the shipment in China, we are getting it in 1-2 months, those you see on ebay are oversea seller, thank you.

This response is interesting to me... As far as I am concerned EKIA is also an overseas seller, as I am in the UK. Can I wait 1-2 months for them to arrive in the USA, then another xxx amount of time for them to arrive in the UK, with additional import tax probably. I think I might see if I can get them cheaper from China, now that they are available there.

rootleaf

rootleaf
I finally received my pre-order from Giantoy. Star Man recommended the S22A body but the head sculpt was too dark for it. Fortunately, I had a S47B and that ended up being a better skin tone match, in my opinion.NEW PRODUCT: Star Man: 1/6 heroine suit MS-006 (not including body) - Page 2 Fuji5610
As you can see, I made a modification - I replaced her pants with a red skirt.
NEW PRODUCT: Star Man: 1/6 heroine suit MS-006 (not including body) - Page 2 Fuji5614
(Please excuse the dog hair on her. I didn't notice them when I was photographing her.)
NEW PRODUCT: Star Man: 1/6 heroine suit MS-006 (not including body) - Page 2 Fuji5711
NEW PRODUCT: Star Man: 1/6 heroine suit MS-006 (not including body) - Page 2 Fuji5615

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looks pretty good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Star Man: 1/6 heroine suit MS-006 (not including body) - Page 2 1f10

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Nicely done indeed.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Looks great, rootleaf!
S47B, so the head matches light suntan.
I was wondering why Star Man recommended pale S22A and not the usual S23B.

rootleaf

rootleaf
Stryker2012 wrote:Looks pretty good.
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Nicely done indeed.
Thanks very much!

rollotomasi wrote:Looks great, rootleaf!
S47B, so the head matches light suntan.
I was wondering why Star Man recommended pale S22A and not the usual S23B.

Thanks! I was wondering that as well but I think that can be an option, too. Anyway, when I tried to put the top onto the S22A, it was really tight fitting! For me, the narrow shoulders of the S47B fit the costume better. I only watched the first few episodes of Melissa Benoist's Supergirl and she never came across as super bulky or cut and I certainly never saw extremely cut quadriceps.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, she looks great. And nice modification. Didn't notice the dog hair. Flying pooches in the air? Smile Glad this was produced after all.

rootleaf

rootleaf
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, she looks great. And nice modification. Didn't notice the dog hair. Flying pooches in the air? Smile Glad this was produced after all.

Thanks! Ha! I have 3 short haired wiener dogs and since they climb all over me, it is nearly impossible to keep their hair off of tbleague figures. I usually don't notice until after I photograph the figures with my macro lens.

Cisco Von Drackenn

Cisco Von Drackenn
NEW PRODUCT: Star Man: 1/6 heroine suit MS-006 (not including body) - Page 2 52812845510_4541d86bb9_k

Mine arrived a week ago via Giantoy. I used the S20A and had no problem getting the suit to fit but definitely not for a pale body.
Here with Jill in a suntan body, certainly the color of the face is something between pale and tan but in natural light I think which should definitely be placed on a suntan body

NEW PRODUCT: Star Man: 1/6 heroine suit MS-006 (not including body) - Page 2 52811873812_aa511f8ab3_k

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You know she's a superhero, cause she can smile at adversity. Smile

Gass08

Hi guys i'm new in here. I was looking for some info about star man brand official site or seller, cause i want to preorder the m008, the one about chun li but i can't get any info from where to make the preorder, can somebody help? thanks in advance affraid affraid affraid

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I’ve never seen an official site for Star Man products. It looks like it was just revealed, but hasn’t gone up anywhere yet. Check onesixthkit and Giantoy sites periodically, and it should be in either or both at some point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Star Man: 1/6 heroine suit MS-006 (not including body) - Page 2 1f10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum