OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Features:

2x head sculpts

1x metal knife

1x watches

1x sneakers

1x normal jumpsuit

1x damaged jumpsuit

1x belly section

1x normal body

1x damaged body

1x belt

NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure 965f1310
NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure E7f31d10
NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure Df151a10
NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure 9c5f5910
NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure C601c610
NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure E2efef10
NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure 8977e210
NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure Ac5de510
NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure C74ed310
NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure 059c3910

#newplanet #Scaletta #Bishop #male #Sci-Fi #movie-based

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmm, not the bishop I was expecting. A little off, but not too bad. Are there any sixth-scale Alien/Aliens aliens? I know there is a Ripley.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Technically, the last Xenomorph that came out a few years back from HT, was an Aliens version (not THE Alien). You’re right, it’s a bit off, but overall, not bad.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure C8485110

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Yes, the Xenomoprh from Alien as well as Aliens has been done by Hot Toys several times now, you can still find them on E-Bay. Neca also made a big Alien Queen thats tall enough to work for 1:6 scale even if its an 1:12 figure, and then there is that Alien Queen 30 cm toy that came out recently.

There where also several statutes and model kits of the Xenomorph in 1:6 scale

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have plenty of 1:12 Aliens and Predators, but none in 1:6. I know HT did a lot with Predators in that scale, but I had either overlooked or forgotten they did Aliens too. Thanks.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
Looks good so far, lance henricksen is clearly recognizable even though the face seems a bit long.
Thing is as mentioned above, there aint any affordable space marines readily available afaik. The hot toys drake and vasquez go on ebay for a small fortune last time i looked for them. And then theres the problem of getting a few aliens themselves as cannon fodder.... but the figure seems a good start and hopefully gets the franchise on the radar of other companies again. Maybe a colonial marine armor set to bash your own squad, helmet uniform and weaponry... one can dream Wink

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Actually, HT didn't do the Xenomorph several times but just the one, I believe -- "Alien Warrior" from Aliens.  and it's rare, and it's expensive.  ZeroDelta is quite right that the ostensibly 1/12 Alien Queen works.  But IMHO the best way to go, which people seem to have forgotten about, is the McFarlane 12" figures (upscaled from 6").  The corresponding Predators are much held back, I think, by the lack of fabric, mesh etc as they are obviously fully sculpted figures (although there, the forgotten hidden gem is the Stealth Predator, made in fully transparent plastic).  But lack of fabric parts etc doesn't affect the Aliens.  I wish they were a little bigger, somewhat better articulated, and less at risk of the plastic having become brittle on some -- but still IMHO those 12" McFarlanes are still the best practical option.

https://azzraelblogg.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/review-mcfarlane-12-inch-alien/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They did the original Alien Xenomorph (in brown) a long, long time ago, but I believe that one (and the one that came out about 3-4 years ago (in blue/black)) are the only ones. I have the more recent one alongside Ripley, but I’ve seen the discussion of the previous one (and comparisons) over at the Freaks.

Either way, I’ll probably pick this up to pair with the other two.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here’s the link to the original Hot Toys “Big Chap” Xenomorph over at the Freaks if anyone is interested (looks like it was announced back in 2009):

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/hot-toys-mms-106-alien-big-chap-collectible-figure.60807/

Valiarde

Valiarde
I also own the newer Xenomorph, bc the Alien movies are among my favourites ever. But the figures are all super expensive now and HT should do another run of figures like another ripley and new xenos...at the very least.

Bishop...hmm..not sure. Nice if you are more into an Alien collection. Will sell for sure.
Edit: Scaletta is that russian guy doing figure projects? Will cost a bit I assume?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Actually, not bad at all. It’s up at OSK for $222 USD (includes shipping).

Valiarde

Valiarde
If you're a die hard fan, sure. Otherwise, too much for a "simple" figure for my liking. (Edit: Ok, two bodies, and two heads are nice)

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Valiarde... correction... 1.5 bodies. Wink

Sadly over my budget, but if Hot Toys reissues their Power Loader with new Ripley, budget be damned!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the links, MBAM and Stryker. They look pretty great, too bad about the limited articulation on the McFarlane, but I do remember them being like that with their Terminator (or one of them, if there were several).

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
In a "perfect" world i'd buy bishop with hicks, hudson, frost, apone, vasquez,drake and a few xenos for about 800 € and call it a perfect diorama. But nowadays i'd have to put in a full month salary at least, which in all honesty, would be just nuts 😤

valentin

valentin
While I really like this figure set, since I do have almost all the Aliens from Hot toys.... It really depends on the final preorder pricing available locally, since it's hard to budget, with other upcoming releases too.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A couple images from 2019 of what was going to be a custom run figure; Covid, delays, etc., and now it's a limited, factory-run figure:

NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure Bishop10
NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure Bishop11
NEW PRODUCT: Scaletta: 1/6 Scale Bishop figure Bishop12

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting. The original prototype somehow looks more accurate to me, but I confess I have not researched it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum