OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

EXO6 Star Trek Figure Founder Interviewed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sillyface

This founder was a pleasure to chat to and a true Star Trek fan. And can't wait to share with you the behind the scenes trivia and new product announcements.
Will post up the link this week on this thread.
EXO6 Star Trek Figure Founder Interviewed OuGguo6

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, sillyface. And so glad to see someone take the time to interview Nanjin. I've seen his many, many replies over at the Freaks, and he is a really cool guy. I've talked with him a bit myself over the years, but never took the time to do a straight up interview; should be interesting. His dedication to Trek, and his custom creations over the years has been awesome to watch, and to see a true fan and collector get ahold of the license after QMX dropped the ball in so many ways, as been fantastic for fans and collectors alike.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

EXO6 Star Trek Figure Founder Interviewed C8485110

sillyface

It's been a lot of work to edit as the interview went on for an hour and a half. But hope you all enjoy Smile
Video link here: https://youtu.be/mGeDVW65WPA
EXO6 Star Trek Figure Founder Interviewed VMWJ9CA

DJ

DJ
I have high hopes for EXO6. Every one else seems to have dropped the ball.

sillyface

DJ wrote:I have high hopes for EXO6. Every one else seems to have dropped the ball.

I have the same feelings.

My only concern is that EXO6 are doing too much too fast and can risk over promising over delivery. Fingers crossed.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the interview, and the time it took to edit.

DJ

DJ
sillyface wrote:
DJ wrote:I have high hopes for EXO6. Every one else seems to have dropped the ball.

I have the same feelings.

My only concern is that EXO6 are doing too much too fast and can risk over promising over delivery. Fingers crossed.

Will keep fingers, toes, and eyes crossed!

couturiervite

couturiervite
Hope this works out. The lack of 1/6 Star Trek... well, anything has always been a mega disappointment of mine. Surely it can't be that hard to make Uhura, or anyone from Next Generation that isn't Picard, can it?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think the issue with some of the female characters is getting the body shape to where Nanjin wants it. Women of the 60s have a very different shape to them, as opposed to women of today. Nichelle has a very unique body shape compared to 7 of 9, which both would benefit from seamless, but I know he doesn’t want to go that route. I think he could perhaps do something similar to HT or Pop Toys/Xing and make seamless arms legs and torso, but I’m not sure what route he wants to go. It’ll be interesting to see how the Janeway body is (assuming I ever get her before I die, since I’m still waiting on Data and Picard). As much as he’s a perfectionist, I have a feeling the female bodies are going to end up on ugly jointed bodies which is going to kill the illusion.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you very much for the interview. I'm happy to see them doing well, and hope they keep that way.

DJ

DJ
I got a teaser email from EXO6 announcing Seven of Nine coming this winter featuring a specially developed custom body, designed specifically for this character’s height and body type. I was only planning on buying Original series figures to stay in budget, but it's Seven of Nine, one of the only reasons I watched the show. If they managed to capture that body in one sixth scale I may have to give up one meal a day or even two for a while.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
DJ wrote:I got a teaser email from EXO6 announcing Seven of Nine coming this winter featuring a specially developed custom body, designed specifically for this character’s height and body type. I was only planning on buying Original series figures to stay in budget, but it's Seven of Nine, one of the only reasons I watched the show. If they managed to capture that body in one sixth scale I may have to give up one meal a day or even two for a while.

I received that email also. Great news. Sex appeal aside, she was the most interesting character on the show, and once she seemingly took over the majority of the storylines the show really took off.

The EMH (Emergency Medical Hologram, ie., "The Doctor") will be up first.

Here's the teaser for him:

EXO6 Star Trek Figure Founder Interviewed Untitl18

Here's the pic sent with the above mentioned email:

EXO6 Star Trek Figure Founder Interviewed 20aa4710

And here's a pic posted over at the Freaks:

EXO6 Star Trek Figure Founder Interviewed 7of9-s10

sillyface

Where's the best place to go for re-sales? Looking for TNG Picard

DJ

DJ
[quote="Stryker2011"]
DJ wrote:I got a teaser email from EXO6 announcing Seven of Nine coming this winter featuring a specially developed custom body, designed specifically for this character’s height and body type. I was only planning on buying Original series figures to stay in budget, but it's Seven of Nine, one of the only reasons I watched the show. If they managed to capture that body in one sixth scale I may have to give up one meal a day or even two for a while.

I received that email also. Great news. Sex appeal aside, she was the most interesting character on the show, and once she seemingly took over the majority of the storylines the show really took off.

Yes, the introduction of her character saved the show. The stories got better, more humor. she often played the straight man in comical situations.

DJ

DJ
sillyface wrote:Where's the best place to go for re-sales? Looking for TNG Picard

Time Walker Toys shows a pre-order for the First Contact Picard. If you are looking for the Quantum Mechanix Picard, believe it or not I found one at Walmart through what appears to be a secondary seller listed here:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/QMx-Star-Trek-TNG-Picard-1-6-Scale-Articulated-Figure/756177501

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum