OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Empty Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:49 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
Hello all,
Just wanted to share photos of my Bishoujo inspired custom figure.

Kotobukiya is releasing their Bishoujo Vulcan Science Officer statue later this year.
Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Bishou10

So, I thought I could put together a similar 1/6 figure. In some photos, her tricorder was too big, so I had to refine it.
Head sculpt is from Lucifer [LXF-1904A] 1/6 Scale Elf Queen Emma; Body is TBLeague S17B; Uniform is SA Toys SA018D
Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Fuji6511
Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Fuji6513
Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Fuji6514
Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Fuji6310
Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Fuji6311
Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Fuji6312
Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Fuji6610

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That is very cool. Nice work. That’s a good choice for a Vulcan head sculpt, as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done and I agree, cool choice for a Vulcan head. And a less anime, which is a good thing in my book. Smile Is she unstable or just taking precautions with the stand?

rootleaf

rootleaf
Stryker2012 wrote:That is very cool. Nice work. That’s a good choice for a Vulcan head sculpt, as well.

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nicely done and I agree, cool choice for a Vulcan head. And a less anime, which is a good thing in my book. Smile Is she unstable or just taking precautions with the stand?

Thanks guys!

@GubernatorFan, you hit it on the head! Even though the boots were hollow, I could not risk getting the foot stuck in there. I stuffed a bit of foam in both boots (with the help of a chopstick) to simulate the height of a foot. So yes, super unstable!

csyeung

csyeung
Looks pretty awesome!

davidd

davidd
Oh, this is too cool!

I actually have one of those Lucifer elf heads on the way that I, too, was intending to use as a Star Trek-ish type figure.

I'm not familiar with the SA Toys uniform. I shall need to look for one of those.

The tricorder looks good. Did you make that? Is it papercraft?

Another option for the tricorder (and communicator and phaser) is the Mattel Barbie Star Trek set, which can sometimes be found on eBay for not too terribly much money.

Thanks for sharing this über-cool Trek custom fig, and for identifying the sources for the parts you used.

rootleaf

rootleaf
UPDATE:
I ordered this YMToys YMT079C head sculpt 4 weeks ago and it just arrived today.

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Fuji6612

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Fuji6613

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Fuji6614

rootleaf

rootleaf
csyeung wrote:Looks pretty awesome!

Thank you!

davidd wrote:Oh, this is too cool!

I actually have one of those Lucifer elf heads on the way that I, too, was intending to use as a Star Trek-ish type figure.

I'm not familiar with the SA Toys uniform. I shall need to look for one of those.

The tricorder looks good. Did you make that? Is it papercraft?

Another option for the tricorder (and communicator and phaser) is the Mattel Barbie Star Trek set, which can sometimes be found on eBay for not too terribly much money.

Thanks for sharing this über-cool Trek custom fig, and for identifying the sources for the parts you used.

Thanks! Yes, I made it myself just like you said - papercraft. Some vendors on eBay were charging about $40 for a 1/6 scale tricorder! I'll look again for the Mattel set but boy, these accessories can get expensive.

I got the SA Toys SA018 uniform from "Top Selling Action Figure Model Toy Store" on AliExpress. I love these vendors but the shipping time is horrendous - but it's okay...first-world problems!

I like sharing information like this because I hope that someone else gets to try putting together the same. It was fun for me, I can only hope that it will be fun for someone else.

davidd

davidd
rootleaf wrote:I'll look again for the Mattel set but boy, these accessories can get expensive.

One eBay seller is currently offering the Barbie & Ken Star Trek set for $23 with free shipping! I wish I weren't broke, I'd buy a bunch just for the phasers and tricorders.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125789146970

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Your new head looks gorgeous!

And yes, accessories do get expensive, so fast. Good on you for making your own!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

rootleaf

rootleaf
davidd wrote:
rootleaf wrote:I'll look again for the Mattel set but boy, these accessories can get expensive.

One eBay seller is currently offering the Barbie & Ken Star Trek set for $23 with free shipping! I wish I weren't broke, I'd buy a bunch just for the phasers and tricorders.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125789146970

In for one! Good lookin' out, davidd! Thanks!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Wow clean and nice. Love the elf heads (also ordered the second one with different hair color) they fit perfectly fir your space characters Smile

Cool outfit

BAMComix

BAMComix
Thanks so much for taking the time to post figs of this amazing figure! I never realized you based her off a statue. You really captured her style. The dark haired head looks really nice, but I do prefer the blonde. Amazing work!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like her with the second head even more than with the first (perhaps it seems more Vulcan to me?), nice find. And I know the feeling about the boots -- I've done the same on occasion. I better remember where, before I cause an avalanche. Smile

davidd

davidd
The YMT head is incredible! It's perfect for this character! I had not seen that head sculpt before!

16Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Empty Re: Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:40 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
rootleaf wrote:@GubernatorFan, you hit it on the head! Even though the boots were hollow, I could not risk getting the foot stuck in there. I stuffed a bit of foam in both boots (with the help of a chopstick) to simulate the height of a foot. So yes, super unstable!

I use near boiling water to get feet in and out of hollow boots as long as they are plastic (not pleather) , Just submerge the boot in a mug full of water for about 30 seconds, then push foot inside. to remove just repeat the process. Never got a foot stuck yet.

17Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Empty Re: Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:48 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
skywalkersaga wrote:Your new head looks gorgeous!

And yes, accessories do get expensive, so fast. Good on you for making your own!

Thanks! Some of these 1/6 clothes and accessories are about the same price as real life clothes.

18Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Empty Re: Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:50 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
Valiarde wrote:Wow clean and nice. Love the elf heads (also ordered the second one with different hair color) they fit perfectly fir your space characters Smile

Cool outfit

Thanks! I hope you enjoy yours when they arrive. Be mindful of the ears. They pop off real easy!

19Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Empty Re: Star Trek Science Officer custom figure Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:57 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
BAMComix wrote:Thanks so much for taking the time to post figs of this amazing figure! I never realized you based her off a statue. You really captured her style. The dark haired head looks really nice, but I do prefer the blonde. Amazing work!

Thanks BAM, for nudging me to show her off! I will keep the black haired one that way it is. I will make a Command Officer out of the blonde head as soon as the additional accessories arrive.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rootleaf, do be aware that you can use the Multi-Quote button to mark several messages and then hit Post Reply, which quote all of them in the same answer with space for your comments in between, etc.

rootleaf

rootleaf
GubernatorFan wrote:I like her with the second head even more than with the first (perhaps it seems more Vulcan to me?), nice find. And I know the feeling about the boots -- I've done the same on occasion. I better remember where, before I cause an avalanche. Smile
I agree - the black haired one looks more like a Vulcan, plus it resembles the Kotobukiya Bishoujo statue. Blonde Vulcans were rare in Star Trek, I believe.
Oh and the avalanche already happened to me on my work table! Laughing
I'm gonna try BAM's advice and use the hot water.

BAMComix wrote:

I use near boiling water to get feet in and out of hollow boots as long as they are plastic (not pleather) , Just submerge the boot in a mug full of water for about 30 seconds, then push foot inside. to remove just repeat the process. Never got a foot stuck yet.

Good idea. I used a heat gun but I was so afraid of destroying the boots that perhaps I didn't heat it enough?. The water seems like a better option because it's not as easy to OVER heat them.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I like the new head even more than the original. Nice choice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star Trek Science Officer custom figure 1f10

Annalise

Annalise
That new YMT HS looks great on her. Good choice.

BAMComix

BAMComix
rootleaf wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Thanks so much for taking the time to post figs of this amazing figure! I never realized you based her off a statue. You really captured her style. The dark haired head looks really nice, but I do prefer the blonde. Amazing work!

Thanks BAM, for nudging me to show her off! I will keep the black haired one that way it is. I will make a Command Officer out of the blonde head as soon as the additional accessories arrive.

No, my friend, thank you for sharing her with us! I think I speak for all when I say, she is an amazing creation (with either head Very Happy ).

Diana

Diana
She looks gorgeous!! Especially with the new head. Like others have said: Looks more Vulcan to me. But maybe with some strands in front of the ears and maybe with a little trim I'd like the blonde head, too, cause the expression is pretty perfect for a Vulcan. Looking forward to seeing the Command Officer! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum